Most Valuable Squad In current market

Burts91

I know this is obviously hypothetical. But looking for a good debate. Some of the transfers that are happening all over the world has got me thinking. As well as us having values of 15-20m for Morelos, 10m for Tavernier (which I can’t remember us having valuations that high for a long time).

What would our our most valuable squad be from the time when you started watching Rangers until now. I started watching us from 98-99 onwards. So the one that stands out for me is Advocaat 99-00. Just ridiculously good players (some world class)

Ferguson, Numan, GVB, Mols, De Boer. All would be 15m plus players this day and age easily! Not even including the likes of Amoruso, Ricksen, Klos, Albertz. 

15 minutes ago, Burts91 said:

I know this is obviously hypothetical. But looking for a good debate. Some of the transfers that are happening all over the world has got me thinking. As well as us having values of 15-20m for Morelos, 10m for Tavernier (which I can’t remember us having valuations that high for a long time).

What would our our most valuable squad be from the time when you started watching Rangers until now. I started watching us from 98-99 onwards. So the one that stands out for me is Advocaat 99-00. Just ridiculously good players (some world class)

Ferguson, Numan, GVB, Mols, De Boer. All would be 15m plus players this day and age easily! Not even including the likes of Amoruso, Ricksen, Klos, Albertz. 

Great son - but we have won fuck all, so it matters not a single fuck.

I hate the close season.

You would be talking at least 15 million for Klos as well. We actually did have genuinely world class players in that team. Numan and GVB of course, and RDB. 

Not the biggest fan of Ferguson now, but in today's market he would easily be 20/30 million worth. He was that good for a spell.

9 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Numan, , GVB and de Boer would be valued at around £40 million each, no one in our current squad is within light years of them. Not many rated Ricksen back in the day 

Possibly GVB at that sort of level but not the rest. The 8m we got for him back then was big money for an SPL transfer and would be well over 20m today. De Boer was a fantastic player but his knee had gone so he was injured a lot. I remember being staggered when we signed Numan and De Boer.  

I was barely alive but looking back the start of the Souness revolution (aided by the English teams being banned in Europe) stands out. If in today's market we had the England number 1, England captain as well as guys like Cooper, McCoist, Durrant, latterly followed by Stevens, Walters, Steven, Hateley, Wilkins and many others their market value would be incredible. In fact pretty much all through the 90s we have had some top top players. In today's market the value of Laudrup, Gough, Goram, McCall, Gazza, Klos, Numan, Gio, Albertz, Tugay, Amo etc would be mad! With the greatest respect to Tav and Morelos they are nowhere near some of the names above and have also yet to achieve anything. That will change very soon though.

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I was barely alive but looking back the start of the Souness revolution (aided by the English teams being banned in Europe) stands out. If in today's market we had the England number 1, England captain as well as guys like Cooper, McCoist, Durrant, latterly followed by Stevens, Walters, Steven, Hateley, Wilkins and many others their market value would be incredible. In fact pretty much all through the 90s we have had some top top players. In today's market the value of Laudrup, Gough, Goram, McCall, Gazza, Klos, Numan, Gio, Albertz, Tugay, Amo etc would be mad! With the greatest respect to Tav and Morelos they are nowhere near some of the names above and have also yet to achieve anything. That will change very soon though.

This is the first I have ever heard of English clubs being banned from Europe. I have no idea how I’ve never heard that before in my life. 

I was just mentioning Tavernier and Morelos due to their perceived value at the moment. I know they wouldn’t get in those teams!

37 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

I hate the close season.

Tbf mate, a lot of loyal Bears have never seen Rangers win anything, yet they follow, i have nothing but respect for them, my wee da started taking me during the Greig years, not great, as a teenager I sat in a half empty Ibrox cheering on Andy Kennedy, then struck gold, the Souness years, great days, I'd love young Bears to experience some of that success 👍🇬🇧

8 minutes ago, Burts91 said:

This is the first I have ever heard of English clubs being banned from Europe. I have no idea how I’ve never heard that before in my life. 

I was just mentioning Tavernier and Morelos due to their perceived value at the moment. I know they wouldn’t get in those teams!

English clubs were banned for 5 years I think it was after Heysel.

1 hour ago, AlCapone said:

Numan, , GVB and de Boer would be valued at around £40 million each, no one in our current squad is within light years of them. Not many rated Ricksen back in the day 

In hindsight, Ricksen only had one good season for us in 04/05 and that was really it.

He was a bit of a liability on and off the park for a while. I don’t think it’s a coincidence he had his best season for us when he had a self imposed drinking ban.

3 hours ago, Burts91 said:

If it's the best XI over that period in Scotland probably us. If it's based on values after they left Scotland I'm not sure, but probably a good debate topic. Average over that period, them but thats more a case of us having shite like Kevin Kyle in the lower leagues than them having a particularly strong squad prior to our return. 

Best Rangers team ever......worth 200+ m in today's market

Goram

Jardine            Gough       Butcher         Grieg

Durrant        Baxter         Gasgoine   Cooper           

Mcoist           Laudrop        

There are so many more.... Forest, Stein, Ferguson, Albertz, Caldow.......

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Best Rangers team ever......worth 200+ m in today's market

Goram

Jardine            Gough       Butcher         Grieg

Durrant        Baxter         Gasgoine   Cooper           

Mcoist           Laudrop        

There are so many more.... Forest, Stein, Ferguson, Albertz, Caldow.......

Sorry lad but my ocd is going off big time with this spelling lol. 

Greig

Gascoigne 

McCoist

Laudrup

Forrest

Some team though.  👍

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

In hindsight, Ricksen only had one good season for us in 04/05 and that was really it.

He was a bit of a liability on and off the park for a while. I don’t think it’s a coincidence he had his best season for us when he had a self imposed drinking ban.

I think you're being a wee bit harsh . 

He certainly had a nightmare first season , and pretty average the next , but after that he was pretty solid for us , culminating in being made captain. 

You may be right with the drinking ban , but I thought being made captain gave him the responsibility that was missing and he grabbed it with both hands . I didn't think he deserved losing the captaincy once Barry Ferguson came back , though I could understand that decision , and I think he suffered because if that . 

3 hours ago, Drumloyal said:

Sorry lad but my ocd is going off big time with this spelling lol. 

Greig

Gascoigne 

McCoist

Laudrup

Forrest

Some team though.  👍

Maybe hes just played sensible soccer!

De Boer's knee was completely gone when we signed him otherwise he'd probably never have been anywhere near us. 

Ricksen? Not a nice thing to say but the opinion of his time with us seems to have gone through the roof since he fell ill. Good servant to the club but the truth is he couldn't lace the boots of the rest of the players mentioned by the OP.

Albertz, Van Bronckhorst, Numan, Ferguson and Klos would all be worth silly money nowadays. Not sure about Amoruso and Mols as the former was prone to a blunder here and there and the latter was a great player but was never the prolific striker some of our support believe Oliver Khan robbed us of. Think he only hit 20 goals in a season once in his career.

13 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

I hate the close season.

At least it’s something to talk about, other than Kent signing and child abuse. 

We all hate it. Fuck all to talk about. Fuck all to do.