Borna

5 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

An awful lot of people desperate to write off Barisic.    I'm not saying he will be a total success but he needs game time to prove his worth.   Thursday night cannot be the judge of him.  The ref booked him for nothing early in the game and seemed eager to penalise him for nothing.  He could hardly tackle in case the ref sent him off.    Another criticism appears to be his crossing on Thursday but there was nobody to hit with a decent cross.  We are light up front.  We need a big centre forward (with or without Barisic).  

Candeias has left mate, we have to have some kind of scapegoat.

7 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

An awful lot of people desperate to write off Barisic.    I'm not saying he will be a total success but he needs game time to prove his worth.   Thursday night cannot be the judge of him.  The ref booked him for nothing early in the game and seemed eager to penalise him for nothing.  He could hardly tackle in case the ref sent him off.    Another criticism appears to be his crossing on Thursday but there was nobody to hit with a decent cross.  We are light up front.  We need a big centre forward (with or without Barisic).  

I want Barisic to be a massive success and roar us to 55. The problem is he's running out of games to impress; you can only make excuses for him for so long.

7 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

As stated, gerrard needs to show hes giving him a final chance or looks bad on Gerrard and MA that 2 from some random croat team we played turned out to be not very good at all....

He’s totally wrote off grezda which I agree with but he’s been no worse than Barisic, I’d have told the 2 of them to find a new club , their just not cut out for Rangers or the spl ,I’d  especially try and offload  Barisic now when he’s still fresh in the minds of other teams being a Croatian internationalist, a season on the bench or not even in the squad with us will plummet the fee we’ll get for him

7 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Nobody wants the guy to fail (exception of the odd wanker here and here) but he's shown absolutely nothing over a full season for us to be keeping him going forward. Would love to have a left back that provides what Tav does on the right but Barisic isn't that guy

The only arguement people have is that hes a Croatian International...if that's the case then he should be easier to sell right now before they start seeing some of the shitebag performances we get everytime he plays 

Hes been no better than Grezda, just had more game time because his replacements are Halliday & Flanagan.

Going into tomorrow though I'd be starting Halliday over him hands down.

The jury is still out for me re Borna. But this is his make or break season. No doubting his quality but clubs for players is often like horses for courses. 

Fingers crossed he makes it but this is no season for waiting and hoping someone comes good. If Flanagan or Halliday makes the 3 points more certain then so be it.

First choice left back for Croatia will have a decent sell on value. We will not lose money on him.

51 minutes ago, EatDolphins said:

He'll make no more than a handful of appearances then get paid off in January. Ben a waste of money since he landed. 

Why would we pay him off we’ll be able to find him a club easily enough I’d say. 

7 hours ago, chris182 said:

I want Barisic to be a massive success and roar us to 55. The problem is he's running out of games to impress; you can only make excuses for him for so long.

I'm not making excuses for him.  I made a point about the referee on Thursday.  As for games for us , Barisic hasn't actually played as often as many seem to think.   I also made a point about the lack of anybody in the centre to aim crosses at on Thursday.    

15 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Don’t think we will sign a big centre forward. Gerrard doesn’t want to play that way and he basically said as much when he was talking about letting Lafferty go.

Barisic has every right to feel hard done by against Progres.  The opposition player took a dive and the referee booked him early on.  The Progres player dived just before the halftime whistle and the ref fell for it again.  It could’ve been a red despite Barisic not even fouling anyone.  I think Barisic was taken off because Gerrard feared we might go down to 10 men which is mental considering the guy hadn’t put a foot wrong.  

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

Barisic has every right to feel hard done by against Progres.  The opposition player took a dive and the referee booked him early on.  The Progres player went down against before the halftime whistle and the ref fell for it again it could’ve been a red despite Barisic not even fouling anyone.  I think he was taken off because Gerrard feared we might go down to 10 men which is mental considering the guy hadn’t put a foot wrong.  

yer right. Mentioned many times a couple of days ago but yer still right 😉

17 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Don’t think we will sign a big centre forward. Gerrard doesn’t want to play that way and he basically said as much when he was talking about letting Lafferty go.

Lafferty has always been hopeless in the air as well so a complete waste of a signing.

11 hours ago, Lloyd said:

Why would we pay him off we’ll be able to find him a club easily enough I’d say. 

:tu:  He is an international player on a 2 year ( i think) deal.  We should be able to get at least half what we paid back. 

I am still hoping he comes good but he may well not have the stomach for the fight.

34 minutes ago, gogzy said:

:tu:  He is an international player on a 2 year ( i think) deal.  We should be able to get at least half what we paid back. 

I am still hoping he comes good but he may well not have the stomach for the fight.

Agreed mate. There’s a player there but the rough stuff in our league seems to have made him shit his pants. I would give him another 6 months to see if he can hack it.