Jordan Jones

BridgeIsBlue

He played well. He often got his 1-1 dribbling angles wrong and their RB was able to intercept. If he can sort this out, more than the other issues, many on here have pointed out, we could demand the same sort of fee Liverpool are asking for RK. 

He's just got that dogged mind set. Doesn't give up.. Spit and polish on the technical stuff, we have a winner!

This guy will prove his worth. With that mindset, I'd like to see him against the scum.

Coincidently Docherty isn't doing prisoners. All round I think the Gerrard do or die mindset is sinking in.

The problem with Jones is the game suited him perfectly tonight with so much space to    run.

Obviously though in the Premiership so many teams will sit deep against us so he won’t have the same freedom.

He’s going to have good and bad games but he is an asset to the squad.

You just get fed up on here with the over analysis of every player after every game.

Performed well last night and deserves his plaudits as much as the criticism he receives. Said it before, but it is a step up playing at Ibrox and can take time to fit in and adapt. Kent was the same last season.

Thing about Jones is he is in a position where we have plenty of options and he can expect to be rotated based on form and opposition.

13 hours ago, Moody Blue said:

Very good contribution. OP isn't going over the top in his praise as some dicks suggest, the point is there were loads on here slagging the boy off having been in the club 5mins. Perhaps we should give some of these guys the benefit of the doubt until they've played and then give them well deserved credit for a positive contribution. 

No, that sounds like too sensible an idea for this forum 😂

In Europe where Jones has 50-60 yards of space to run in to he’s obviously an asset.  He works extremely hard and his pace can get us up the park in to dangerous areas in seconds.  Against SPFL opposition each week he’ll need a better end product as he can’t run past ‘the block’.  

If Kent doesn’t come back Jones might be our first choice LW so he needs to be a big performer for us this year.

I've seen a few in here mention his final ball....whilst in agreement that it does need a fair bit of fine tuning it also cannot be denied a good few times in the 1st half he had very little to pick out....imho he put a few decent balls in but we just weren't committing bodies into the box at that stage of the game. 

13 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Never had any doubt he would shine in games like tonight. 

Whether he can do it when teams stick 11 men behind the ball I have my doubts 

I don't think he'll play in a lot of those games, we're more likely to see Ojo in those, he has better close control.

If we have Jones in for Euros, them, hivs, hearts, sheep and a couple of others away from home, he'll get a decent 20+ starts a season and we'll get a good return. We have a proper looking squad this season for the first time in 10 years.