The Steven Gerrard effect.

King Jela

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

Our match day squad a year ago against Hibs in that 5-5 'thriller' compared to now is night and day. We had Alnwick, Bates, Martin, Holt, Rossitter, Candeias, Cummings, Sean Goss all starting for us with Windass, Hodson and Alves coming on! 3rd best squad in a league where a weakened tarried team absolutely walked it to the first ever double treble. Now a year on under Steven Gerrard and we're bringing on Jermaine Defoe for our 30 goal a season striker that got a double on the night against a Midtjylland team that we've absolutely pumped over 2 legs,a champions league regular btw that the English big boys can't beat away from home. 

Is that the case? That's great.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

No thanks to the many in here who were drooling over him.

I can clearly rember the shite I took for backing the Stevie G and some even on this thread.

The man is a born leader, a winner and has forgot more about the game than the dross up here would ever know. He's also a good square go merchant and take on any cunt.

Yellow fang knows his place with him and it shows. 

not forgetting the ones who wanted Steve Clarke 

I think Gerrard is gonna end up one of the best managers out there and I've said it from the start. Some people like to laugh at me for saying that but I believe it. 

I'm no saying he's a world class manager right now. He's definitely still learning. I just think that when his time is up with us some big club is gonna take him. Maybe no Liverpool but he'll be there one day. 

He is one the best football players the world has ever seen. No saying he's on the same level as Messi or Ronaldo but if you don't know who Gerrard is you either don't have any interest in football or live under a rock. He has played alongside and against legends of the game. He knows what it takes for a team to perform and he can look at a player and tell if they are good enough or not. He'll know when a player doesn't have the skill, fitness, or even the mentality. 

Just because he was a great player of course doesn't mean he will be a great manager so maybe I'm wrong but I really think he has what it takes to go to the highest level in management. I think once he leaves us he'll go to another club or two and that's when we'll all see just how good he is.

19 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

I think Gerrard is gonna end up one of the best managers out there and I've said it from the start. Some people like to laugh at me for saying that but I believe it. 

I'm no saying he's a world class manager right now. He's definitely still learning. I just think that when his time is up with us some big club is gonna take him. Maybe no Liverpool but he'll be there one day. 

He is one the best football players the world has ever seen. No saying he's on the same level as Messi or Ronaldo but if you don't know who Gerrard is you either don't have any interest in football or live under a rock. He has played alongside and against legends of the game. He knows what it takes for a team to perform and he can look at a player and tell if they are good enough or not. He'll know when a player doesn't have the skill, fitness, or even the mentality. 

Just because he was a great player of course doesn't mean he will be a great manager so maybe I'm wrong but I really think he has what it takes to go to the highest level in management. I think once he leaves us he'll go to another club or two and that's when we'll all see just how good he is.

Stephen Gerrard will manage Liverpool. Of this I have no doubt.

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

even your attempt at positivity is negative.  How anyone could doubt Gerrard is absurd. He knows football inside out.

3 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

This is the kind of positivity RM has been missing for a while! Refreshing. 

3 hours ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Bet you're a fucking blast at parties.

@Rangers_no1 on the ropes here imo.

2 hours ago, BillyG91 said:

No, you are right.

I hope he stays with us for a long long time and he leaves for Liverpool after winnning us many trophies.

When he takes us to that title and l would say this season, we become a very sound investment with him at the helm and  that should hopefully attract that person or consortium who can invest to take us to the next level  and match Gerrard's aspirations ie to the CL group stages and take it from there. That could hold his interest in staying.

I'd hate him to go to some mid level EPL shite and fail. As they say, he could take us to the moon and back. He's just got that special something about him. 

It's this season. Let's go!

6 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Midtylland a CL regular? Only 6 qualifiers in their history.

To be fair Gerrard has been backed more than previous managers and some of those players that day people were wax lyrical when we signed them.

There is without question positive signs but this time last year we heard the same and then dropped 5 points in back to back games against the scum and Motherwell.

I'm more confident about Gerrard then previously and like how he portrays himself and his style of football but will be judged on results, trophies and challenging for the league. 

Hopefully he proves me wrong from my previous posts regarding him. 👌

Can't argue with any of that 👍

He's has improved us no doubt and I'm very positive about the future but at the end of the day the scum still done another treble last year so until he wins something and stops they cunts winning he won't be seen as truly successful. That's just a fact of managing us and applies to any manager.

I have really bought into what he is doing  though and actually love watching us now instead of a lot of times the past few years where it was an effort to watch us and unenjoyable.

Long may the improvements continue and let's hope he delivers 55.

2 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Could you elaborate on this please?

Canny really remember too much as it was ages ago and I was hammered but I remember being in stitches laughing at it. IIRC he tells the story of the whole match and bringing Alves on to take the free kick which he scored. Well worth going to see if you get the chance. 

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Canny really remember too much as it was ages ago and I was hammered but I remember being in stitches laughing at it. IIRC he tells the story of the whole match and bringing Alves on to take the free kick which he scored. Well worth going to see if you get the chance. 

Fair enough mate, Jimmy Nicholls got the gift of the gab so I'm sure it's a good one :lol: