People in glass houses

Thermopylae

12 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I hope we record every little squeak made by the great unwashed on Sunday and then go through it post match with a fine tooth comb ... no more mr nice guy with this mob look where it has got us!

That would be a waste of time.

1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

If nothing else it may make them think twice in future about trying to drop us in it ... as it is just now we are leaving the field wide open for them 

Do it tonight then. When it actually has consequences. They fuck up tonight and it's a potential section closure. They do it on Sunday and literally nothing happens.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Do it tonight then. When it actually has consequences. They fuck up tonight and it's a potential section closure. They do it on Sunday and literally nothing happens.

It’s ok, I’m sure FARE will report any impropriety from their fans as they apparently did to ours in Poland...

12 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I wholeheartedly agree, but the Club need to lead on it.

I've got serious reservations as to what that Traynor is all about.

They kill us with lies, half truths and innuendo, yet we could kill them with the whole truth and yet we don't.

Our board's passive role in all this, just doesn't add up for me.

This and previous boards have asked for it to stop... We ignored them. 

We were warned.. Repeatedly.. Your trying to make the board a patsy for others stupid behaviour. You cannot defend the indefensible 

If anyone is going to coordinate a counter attack it has to be dozens of games worth before we release anything. Noone will care if we prove they sing naughty songs at one game. But if there's reels and reels of stuff all released at once, we'd be able to paint a compelling picture of the authorities disparity of punishments. And forget the club being involved. They are not interested in equally if treatment. They just want to stop getting fined.  We need a group of filmmakers to do a documentary on the subject. Would be fascinating. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Feel free to submit it yourself.

Tbf what they sing at their games is inconsequential to me, my point is if an organisation such as FARE decides it appropriate to morally crusade at Rangers games both home and away,  there should be a parity for other Scottish teams also playing in Europe from said organisation. If they are not doing this the club itself should take up the baton...

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Absolutely not the point. You miss the bigger picture.

It is all about discrediting and demonising them, with truth and facts and getting it out there. Hurt their brand with the truth. Not fucking hard with nonce fc's MO!

It is for the board to have a strategy for this in defending this club and the best way of winning is to have a well founded plan and to attack.

For evil to win it takes good men to do nothing.

Wouldn't having a section closed for sectarian/racist chanting dicredit them far more than some Twitter outrage ad a thread on Rangersmedia?

5 minutes ago, simplythebestest said:

If anyone is going to coordinate a counter attack it has to be dozens of games worth before we release anything. Noone will care if we prove they sing naughty songs at one game. But if there's reels and reels of stuff all released at once, we'd be able to paint a compelling picture of the authorities disparity of punishments. And forget the club being involved. They are not interested in equally if treatment. They just want to stop getting fined.  We need a group of filmmakers to do a documentary on the subject. Would be fascinating. 

I'm sure they could collect hours of footage  against us too. 

Personally I couldn't give a flying fuck what they sing.... The fact these morons actually think they are Irish and dress like fuckin leprechauns on a daily basis  is funny enough for me 

1 minute ago, Robmc1 said:

Tbf what they sing at their games is inconsequential to me, my point is if an organisation such as FARE decides it appropriate to morally crusade at Rangers games both home and away,  there should be a parity for other Scottish teams also playing in Europe from said organisation. If they are not doing this the club itself should take up the baton...

So the club should monitor what celtic fans sing but it's beneath you?

57 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Our board's passive role in all this, just doesn't add up for me.

The board are too busy making us successful on the pitch.  Two big games coming up.  Europa League group stages and potentially top of the domestic league by Sunday.  Looking forward to it.

The point the OP is making is if they are guilty on Sunday, they will also be guilty tonight. But I don't expect any bears to be at the Friendly Stadium in Stockholm tonight to witness it or FARE for that matter. We do need to start fighting back and that begins on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So the club should monitor what celtic fans sing but it's beneath you?

Never said that, my initial post was sarcastic. I honestly don’t  care what they sing at their ground, I do not get offended (whatever that means) by songs or bad words. Not sure about your comment about being ‘beneath me’ but you couldn’t pay me to tune in to one of their games with the volume up, awaiting offence...

FARE on the other hand have reported Rangers for being ‘offensive’ on numerous occasions therefore they (I would presume)  at least claim to monitor celtic or other Scottish teams playing in Europe or is it only Rangers?  If their reporting is indeed consequential to Rangers latest punishments and they continue to pursue us, in my mind it is incumbent on the current board and therefore guardians of the club (for gravitas and credibility) to seek clarity and question parity in their reporting process, methods and standards. I think all the majority of fans are looking for is parity.

Hopefully the singing which is now tangibly harming the club will now stop and we can end these costly distractions and concentrate on supporting the team to a hopefully successful season...