Barisic

Leeds_Bear

8 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

A lot of talk here about his value in selling him on. 

The real question is how the fuck did we get him for so little at modern prices? 

Can only assume because of the club he was playing for and the fact there is little exposure of the Croatian league. I had no idea who Osijek were until last season.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Can only assume because of the club he was playing for and the fact there is little exposure of the Croatian league. I had no idea who Osijek were until last season.

Very true mate. It happens in our league too. Look how much we sold Waghorn for. He then goes on to score a few goals down south and in a short period of time becomes a multi-million pound player. It's odd how it seems to work but we definitely got Barisic for an absolute steal. First choice left back in the Croatian national team. 

13 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I guess there is a reason why he is Croatia's left-back. Glasgow has to be the hardest place to get your feet wet but once you do....... 🙂 He has to worth at least 20m now.

Twice the player that wee cunt from the scum will ever be and he went for 25m. 

16 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Not only have his performances improved but he’s standing up to the absolute thuggery which runs amok across Scottish football. 

Loved seeing him giving those junkies the eyes after that challenge tonight, same as with Young Boys the other night. 

And an absolute wand of a left foot. 

He's been fantastic the biggest turn around in a player, we could all see he had the ability but he was questioned on the physical side of the game he's answered the doubters now.

Against Motherwell Liam and Declan were the worst offenders but only saw yellow.

Against the Spoonburners it is Ryan  who rightly copped a red card.

The way the camera caught him beginning his aggressive galloping lope   with clear intent towards Barasic,you knew an absolute  shocker was coming.

A shocking bit of thuggery  if ever there was one.

You don't have to be a genius to work out  that  players  of a certain allegiancewould be more than happy at deliberately creating injuries for us,

Now who does that benefit?

And our bench was right to react the way they did.

5 hours ago, Smile said:

He's been fantastic the biggest turn around in a player, we could all see he had the ability but he was questioned on the physical side of the game he's answered the doubters now.

Totally agree, was always hopeful he would come good but he has surpassed even my expectations. From a parody to a Croatian powerhouse in only a few months, top man!

4 hours ago, doc holliday said:

You don't have to be a genius to work out  that  players  of a certain allegiancewould be more than happy at deliberately creating injuries for us,

Fair point that, I could be wrong but I’ve yet to see porteous go in like he does against us on any celtic players. 

On 20/12/2019 at 22:35, andyhrfc said:

That’s what I have heard too.  Maybe the bid will come in January?

It’s almost like you are willing it to happen:hairout:

we need to keep our best players if we have any chance of winning the league. 

Errr no!   Need to add strength to the side not reduce it.   For me Barasic,  Jack and Morelos have been the stand out players so far.   However transfer rumours will always surround our best players . We need to show those players who may be tempted to look elsewhere,  that we are investing with a view to a credible performance in the Champions League group stages next season. 

31 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Errr no!   Need to add strength to the side not reduce it.    For me Barasic,  Jack and Morelos have been the stand out players so far.   However transfer rumours will always surround our best players . We need to show those players who may be tempted to look elsewhere,  that we are investing with a view to a credible performance in the Champions League group stages next season. 

My mate’s fiancée is a massive Liverpool fan and he was waxing lyrical about Barisic last night. Says he wants him for Liverpool as competition for Robertson.

23 hours ago, doc holliday said:

Against Motherwell Liam and Declan were the worst offenders but only saw yellow.

Against the Spoonburners it is Ryan  who rightly copped a red card.

The way the camera caught him beginning his aggressive galloping lope   with clear intent towards Barasic,you knew an absolute  shocker was coming.

A shocking bit of thuggery  if ever there was one.

Now who does that benefit?

And our bench was right to react the way they did.

Who calls opposing players by their first name? 😉 Just joking pal.

Archived