SFA Charge

Escobar

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

I know what you’re saying, but it was not good enough for me and apparently Gerrard also. If guys were trying to make a case to get into the first team, then last night was a time to do it. 

Agree what your saying but in truth we have 14 players who we can really rely on without having to much disruption to the way we play, the majority of the fringe players will always struggle to start in the really big games 

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Agree what your saying but in truth we have 14 players who we can really rely on without having to much disruption to the way we play, the majority of the fringe players will always struggle to start in the really big games 

Thing is mate, if we get a couple of injuries we need better quality from the bench to shore things up. We are going into the second half of league, cup, and EL which will take a toll. We need a couple of quality players in for this. I really hope we do some business in this window. 

3 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

I think the SFA were hoping it would get lost over the weekend tbh. Why they've waited all this time to charge us never mind announce it is beyond me.

As far as Rangers pre-statement statement I stand by what I said: It's good PR from the club to wait until Monday to release the full statement as that gives it a full weeks news cycle to get aired but If you want to debate whether we should have just kept quiet until Monday then fair enough, I can see why some people would feel that way. I honestly couldn't say for sure why they would release a statement saying they're going to release a statement but I know the full statement is being held back until Monday for the exact reason I've laid out.

If the statement comes on Monday then fair enough but I will never get making a statement for the sake of making one should have just held off and made one  big blistering attack on the SFA.

32 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

If the statement comes on Monday then fair enough but I will never get making a statement for the sake of making one should have just held off and made one  big blistering attack on the SFA.

Agree with you mate was just pointing out why its good PR sense for us to wait until Monday before giving them both barrels.

1 hour ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Exactly.

A pre statement statement serves no purpose whatsoever.

Just now, Bannockbear said:

A pre statement statement only give pricks like leckie, English etc a head start

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Exactly.

A pre statement statement serves no purpose whatsoever.

If they didn't do a pre-statement, people would be moaning like fuck for the next 48-72 hours asking for a statement. They obviously need time with lawyers to prepare it.  Doesn't matter what they do or don't do, a certain factor can't wait to put the boots in.

Statements mean bugger all.  Action is needed not words.  We need to lawyer  up and fight them tooth and nail over these charges.  Time we let them know that we can be as litigious and uncomprising as that lot across the city

A welshman who sang songs glorifying terrorists who killed innocent men woman and children is astounded by a player doing the it's finished sign which he has done many times before.

When they operated on that sick fucker they threw his brain away.

28 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If they didn't do a pre-statement, people would be moaning like fuck for the next 48-72 hours asking for a statement. They obviously need time with lawyers to prepare it.  Doesn't matter what they do or don't do, a certain factor can't wait to put the boots in.

And yet today, on this very thread, there was pretty much no slating the Board for having not reacted prior to the statement coming out.

Zero folk moaning like fuck tbh.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And yet today, on this very thread, there was pretty much no slating the Board for having not reacted prior to the statement coming out.

Zero folk moaning like fuck tbh.

I meant to say that people would be moaning if the board had still not reached out  yet. Tbh, as much as statements need to be made to appease the masses, they are pretty ineffective and simply fall on deaf ears. The club need to start policing themselves starting with banning the Scottish Sun. Perhaps others can suggest actions that are more powerful than statements.

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I meant to say that people would be moaning if the board had still not reached out  yet. Tbh, as much as statements need to be made to appease the masses, they are pretty ineffective and simply fall on deaf ears. The club need to start policing themselves starting with banning the Scottish Sun. Perhaps others can suggest actions that are more powerful than statements.

Statements are fine if they say something significant and serve a purpose. Pre statement statements simply dont.

Hopefully next week we've got more to offer than that we're no happy and we'll tell you why next week 👍

1 hour ago, Ibroxholm said:

Statements mean bugger all.  Action is needed not words.  We need to lawyer  up and fight them tooth and nail over these charges.  Time we let them know that we can be as litigious and uncomprising as that lot across the city

I think we need both, but certainly the lawyer/s is the real way to fight this form now on. :thumbup:

Archived