***The Official Rangers v Ross County Thread***

ElBufalo20

McGregor

Patterson      Goldson       Katic      Barisic

Arfield        Davis       Kamara

Aribo            Morelos             Kent

A good few of that lot need to take a look at themselves. 

Bottling 50/50s and lack of effort was awful yesterday. It’s time to step up, the fans and club deserve more. 

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Polster is farmed out and we continue with Flanagan then the writing might be on the wall for Gerrard as a winning manager. He can’t let friendship get in the way of fielding the best team. If he can’t see that Polster played much better then we have bigger problems.

3 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

Polster made a significant difference when he came on.  Flanagan just doesn't work in this team formation. 

Neither does Defoe, 442 would have better suited both of them but was never going to happen.

11 minutes ago, murzo said:

Neither does Defoe, 442 would have better suited both of them but was never going to happen.

Totally agree. Flanagan is never attack minded in a million years and if Gerrard doesn’t know that already then that’s weird.

Defoe in the last 3 games has looked alienated and the guys who are supposed to back him up have done very little. Defoe would be far better playing off another striker. He simply doesn’t do what Morelos does. 👍

Our clip of training sessions showed what was meant to be our tactic. Ball played wide and ball whipped across the front post or to the man bursting in from the edge of the box. This rarely happened yesterday.

Ive said enough about Flanagan, but he needs dropped with either Polster or Patterson playing and instructed to offer width and attacking support. Do a Tav. This would mean RC players stretched more than St Mirrens and Hearts were given they paid minimal attention to Flanagan, instead swamping the central area and our left.

Thankfully Alfie will be back but we need to get the system corrected from the lop sided way it was yesterday and give Alfie supply and support.

1 hour ago, murzo said:

Good point with Defoe.   Gerrard has to take some responsibility for this but in truth our players weren't up for a battle.  Too many snowflakes.

18 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Thought Polster looked ok on Sunday, at least he was trying!!!

He did.

We have Murphy (gone), Docherty, Polster and Jones all being linked away, and deadly silence on Ojo, Barker and Flanagan. I get we have to cut our cloth as the squad is bloated but he bought a huge amount of that squad and seems keen to get rid of the guys who will work harder for us but who he didn’t sign (Polster excluded obviously)

Don't know where the four and five nil predictions are coming from. Ross County had the best chances on Saturday before going behind.

With a bit of luck they could have been 3 or 4 up before conceding.

We've got Alfie back so should win but I don't see it being by more than two goals.

Team selections are becoming predictable. Gerrard has little confidence in his bench and youth players. Patterson shouldn't have lost his spot and now, nether should Polster. 

Will be great to see Morelos' wee face tripping him again. He has undoubtedly been missed and not just for his goals.

10 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Be absolutely fuming if Gerrard plays Flanagan. I was genuinely surprised at Polster, he was pretty decent when he came on and was playing very good passes and getting up the pitch. 

This isn’t an easy game but should be easier with Morelos back. 

I think you’ll be fuming mate 

Sure I read Gerrard said Flanagan went off because he ‘didn’t recognise him’ that reads to me like he still rates him and just thinks he had an off day which couldn’t be further from the truth 

3 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

I think you’ll be fuming mate 

Sure I read Gerrard said Flanagan went off because he ‘didn’t recognise him’ that reads to me like he still rates him and just thinks he had an off day which couldn’t be further from the truth 

He went off because of the booking Gerrard said. 

If we play 433, then the wingers need to stay out on their touchlines and stretch the game. Kent coming off this narrows the game and as we have seen, a packed defence can nullify. Keep wide and feed Alfie.

11 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Be absolutely fuming if Gerrard plays Flanagan. I was genuinely surprised at Polster, he was pretty decent when he came on and was playing very good passes and getting up the pitch. 

This isn’t an easy game but should be easier with Morelos back. 

Played well and not just silly humps up the park found his man with short and long passes and some clever play beats me why he's not played.

Greegs. 

Polster.      Goldson.            Katic.      Barisic. 

Kamara.     Davis. 

Jones.                          Arfield.                     Kent. 

Alfredo

Archived