Calf Strains since Dubai

Smile

27 minutes ago, Smile said:

Stewart, Defoe, Morelos, Jack.

What with that were we overworking the players in training or doing something different that's caused this.

Obviously the lack of gale force wind, driving rain, sleet and general grey skies are not conducive to calf wellbeing...

2 hours ago, Smile said:

Stewart, Defoe, Morelos, Jack.

What's with that were we overworking the players in training or doing something different that's caused this.

Stewart: He's a footballer, calf injuries happen.

Defoe: Age and had a hard 90 mins at Tynecastles a few days ago.

Morelos: Wasn't even involved that much in Dubai.

Jack: Rumour is he's had a niggle for a while.

In conclusion, move on ffs.

14 minutes ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

So just ignore it? surely you want to know why the same injury in four players.

Since coming back from Dubai I think we look leggy and knackered in games.

Calf strains or tears can be caused by over use or high impact training.

I said in another thread that, imo, it's probably due to us having a high level of fitness and doing intense training sessions before the winter break, then having a few weeks off and attempting to do the same levels again.

Obviously the fitness coaches will control and structure the level of training sessions, but it's difficult to go straight back into playing 90 minutes at the intensity we try and play without the risk of muscle injuries tbh.

31 minutes ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

I don't even think Morelos was carrying anything, more likely due to what had happened the night before. 

1 hour ago, BlueMe said:

I said in another thread that, imo, it's probably due to us having a high level of fitness and doing intense training sessions before the winter break, then having a few weeks off and attempting to do the same levels again.

Obviously the fitness coaches will control and structure the level of training sessions, but it's difficult to go straight back into playing 90 minutes at the intensity we try and play without the risk of muscle injuries tbh.

Far too sensible for on here BlueMe 😉

4 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I don't even think Morelos was carrying anything, more likely due to what had happened the night before. 

That's how I see it, not really Rangers job to say he isn't in the right frame of mind blah blah.....they could have said he had a slight cold or something to align any conspiracy theories😂😂

On 30/01/2020 at 16:34, BlueMe said:

:tu:

Good post mate ..... good explanation ..... one of the reasons for certain injuries during HIIT sessions is correct posture .... combined with correct hydration and the correct amount of rest as in sleep .... to allow the body to recover from the stress .... another reason is that .... as strange as it sounds .... not all athletes need to do HIIT to reach peak condition .... and it can be detrimental ....  causing injury in the end.

As in Defoe's case ....  it is not so much his age .... as he is in excellent condition ..... as it is playing time opposed to rest time.

In the case of Jack .... he seems to pick up strains regularly throughout his career ..... again it is the lack of rest time that forces "niggles" to consintently recur .... added to the heavy playing schedule.

Stewart ..... similar to Jack .... except that he has not had enough playing time .... with possibly too much rest time. 

In all the above cases .... though I can't confirm this ..... it is usually the "weaker" side that can't take the strain .... causing the initial injury ...... recovery time is up to the individual's resilience and physical make up ..... some take longer than others to heal obviously .... along with just how serious the injury is.

In Alfredo's case .... to be honest .... I think SG was looking to see if he needed to play him at all ..... I noticed when he came on he was "affecting" a slight limp .... but when he was on the field it miraculously disappeared .....which suggests that perhaps it was to save him from the ref's  yellow/red card trigger finger ..... as when Defoe was stretchered off .... Aribo was the preferred substitute and not Alfredo ...... :p:

As far as Dubai is concerned Alfredo was hardly there .... and as explained above .... it was probably nothing to do with the location whatsoever.

Our medical and training staff not to mention our facilities are of the highest quality ..... and after the way Jack was sent home injured from the Scotland camp .... and SG publicly denounced the idiocy of Clarke ..... sending already match fit players on stupidly unnecessary  long hikes ..... proves to me that our people would not be allowing any of our players to over train.

Shit happens ..... as Forrest Gump said ..... probably just an unfortunate twist of events to have so many out with similar injuries ...... just hope they all get well soon .... we need them all fit and ready to push on.

:UK: 

On 30/01/2020 at 16:34, BlueMe said:

So the winter break has fucked us up two years in a row, flying before it poor afterwards.

Just now, pcbear said:

So the winter break has fucked us up two years in a row, flying before it poor afterwards.

I think so tbh.

We're the fittest team in the league and our pressing game is hard to deal with at home and in Europe due to our fitness levels - even a short break away from those levels can take time to build up again.

The winter break doesn't suit us at all and needs binned imo.

14 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I think so tbh.

We're the fittest team in the league and our pressing game is hard to deal with at home and in Europe due to our fitness levels - even a short break away from those levels can take time to build up again.

The winter break doesn't suit us at all and needs binned imo.

We will scud the sheep the morra n all will be forgotten but I agree with your point.

whos the paedos got? 

Archived