Smile

If Gerrard left would you be  

247 members have voted

1. 1. If Gerrard left would you be

• Relieved
    • disappointed
    • Happy
    • He's took us as far as I think he can
    • I do not want him to leave, state why in thread. Optional.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think anyone would be relieved. Even the most ardent posters on here who want him out are gutted it didn’t work out for him - but more importantly us.

Having said that, I genuinely don’t think he’s going anywhere for the foreseeable.

I dont want him to leave because I think we need a bit of consistency or we will fall further behind, With Gerrard in charge we have a chance of league next season, if he leaves we have no chance as we are back to the start all over again.

We are between a rock and a hard place. The losers now need weeded out. That piece in the Rangers match programme screamed Mark Warburtons Rangers for me from Tav. 

I just can not imagine gough, Ferguson, ricksen or the like ever penning something like that. 

If that's the captains words then how can any teammate be inspired? I actually like Tav and think bar a poor 12 months or so overall with us he's done OK. 

But there are a few in the squad who seem comfortable at Rangers but can't cope with the demands of Rangers. 

Ancelloti, Gerrard of Jim goodwin, to me it won't matter, if the squad stays as is then no manager will turn it round. Tav basically admitted we choked under the pressure thaf a 2 team 1 City league brings. 

Thats not good enough at all

As far fetched as it sounds I still think he'll come good. He's got the correct mentality but some of his signings and tactics have let him down big style. 

Gets next season for me unless we are completely embarrassed in the next few months.

I also don't think we can afford to sack him.

Disappointed- simply because I think there’s something in him that can get us back to the top.  There was definitely something that went well before the break and if we can get players in that can maintain that kind of relentless mindset then we’ll be onto good things.  I think we should give Gerrard and Ross Wilson the summer to work out the plan and go with it.

I went relieved as I don’t think we can afford to get rid of him and I also don’t think he’ll manage to turn things around. I’m just not convinced he’s learned anything since starting the role.

I'd be disappointed if he left but also suspect he's taken us as far as he can.

I'm not quite convinced he should be sacked though simply because I don't know who'd take on the job that'd improve us just now.

Based on that you could put me down for 3 options! Anyway, it's an utter shite state of affairs we find ourselves in.

Iam no psychologist or reader of body language, but from his post match interview last night, I get the impression that he is going absolutely nowhere.

Compare it to the dejected, gutted and emotionally tired guy that got interviewed on Saturday night after the Hearts game.

I think he has been given assurances of support from higher up in the days in between Saturday and yesterday.

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

We are between a rock and a hard place. The losers now need weeded out. That piece in the Rangers match programme screamed Mark Warburtons Rangers for me from Tav. 

I just can not imagine gough, Ferguson, ricksen or the like ever penning something like that. 

If that's the captains words then how can any teammate be inspired? I actually like Tav and think bar a poor 12 months or so overall with us he's done OK. 

But there are a few in the squad who seem comfortable at Rangers but can't cope with the demands of Rangers. 

Ancelloti, Gerrard of Jim goodwin, to me it won't matter, if the squad stays as is then no manager will turn it round. Tav basically admitted we choked under the pressure thaf a 2 team 1 City league brings. 

As much as I dislike the majority of Ferguson's articles in the DR I actually hope he calls tav out for it rather than kissing taigs arses all the time

To a man we all willed Gerrard to succeed, at the moment it is looking like a long shot and he is looking a bit shell shocked and if he does go I hope it is the last of our experiments , McCoist/Warburton/Pedro all took us backwards imo and after a brightish start Gerrard looks to be dragging us the same way, the European performances have been on the whole exceptional which makes the dire league performances all the more baffling.

There is strong talk of him returning to Liverpool as head of the u23's, he was a fantastic footballer comes across as a good guy who "gets" our club but the task in hand seems too big for him.

We also have a whole load of guys behind the scenes earning fantastic money as do the players so its time the fuckers started earning it.

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Stick or twist but one thing is for sure the 433 he likes playing with the inverted wingers just wont cut the mustard in the SPFL. it isolates alfredo and relys on a solid defence and nicking a goal and seeing the game out. At the moment we dont look anywhere near competent to keep clean sheets. I think Tav is a hangover from the warburton era and could play a role as a squad player but as a captain its a no from me. We also have to face the fact that we dont need ball playing centre halfs, we need two big ugly cunts at the back who take everything, man/ball/the lot. 

As you know i like alfie but hes ran his race with us and is never gonnae get peace from refs. Time for maybe a change and if we can get a wee run together and a bit of youth around the squad we may hit the ground running next season

We are achieving what the second biggest budget in Scottish football gets you - 2nd - the Europe run helps us - but we took on a manager with zero experience and he now has 2 years experience and Europe possibly giving him another year and bigger budget to ‘go again’

i think we need to persevere 

I wouldn't want him to leave as I believe he has the makings of a great manager .. however ..

It is the players at his disposal that are letting him down.  A Scottish manager would already know about the long ball hammer throwers up here - something he knew little about (hopefully has woken up to the fact now).  We are holding our own in Europe, and have shown we can give the scum a skelping too, so against decent teams, teams that can actually play football our tactics are as good as they can be.

We just have no leaders in the team capable of getting the sleeves up and getting into the faces of the hammer throwers.

If he goes, just who is available that can do better?  That's part of my reasoning for keeping him (for now)

1 hour ago, Nk89 said:

I dont want him to leave because I think we need a bit of consistency or we will fall further behind, With Gerrard in charge we have a chance of league next season, if he leaves we have no chance as we are back to the start all over again.

What in the feck makes you think we have the chance of a league next year!! 

Archived