Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

We’ve been here 8 years ago when this was all laid out on the table but nobody cared. 

Rangers tried to have McLennan removed as Chairman for an obvious conflict of interest, that he chairs a company called IMG that is mostly owned by Desmond & O’Brien, the 2 largest shareholders in celtic. Again, nobody cared and he’s still in post. Until the other clubs decide they’ve had enough, which is unlikely to happen, it’ll never change.

You're probably right, but this does feel like a watershed moment. The SPFL have just been exposed for being willing to throw every other member under a bus to fulfill the agenda of one club and we are seeing that the other clubs aren't happy about how they've been treated. 

7 minutes ago, GOAT said:

No one can stop us joining at the lowest level.  They don’t want us in the premier league, they can’t stop us starting at the bottom tier of English football. 

The English League won't accept us. No chance that's happening.

Just now, bornabear said:

There is bound to be worry mate, not all folk act and react in the same way.

In this sort of scenario, there's going to be all sorts of guesswork, that's how life is, some worry more than others.

As the old saying goes, there are only 2 types of people in the world, those who lead and those who follow.

That's not to say the leaders are always right nor the followers always wrong.

The one thing that is keeping me going is how watertight our side has been. Normally we can’t hold our pish in but the discipline since Friday has been faultless.

Like others, I’m just hoping our case is equally watertight.

Been here so many times but I genuinely feel this might be different.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We are the only country in Europe trying to rush and declare a champion during a pandemic!

We live in the most mental and embittered little country in Western Europe. Scotland 2020 is how I’ve always imagined society to be like in parts of the Balkans. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Got to trust the board.

I hope you are right in all this mate.  You seem pretty confident they have the ace up their sleeve. 

I'd love it,  LOVE it if it blows this place wide open and reveals the blatant corruption that's been going on for years in this game.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

The English League won't accept us. No chance that's happening.

The English league can’t stop us from entering at the lowest level.  You do realise that?

11 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Of course they can.  We aren't an English team.  We will not be allowed to join any league in England.

It is never, ever going to happen mate.  I'd love to see us fuck off from this cesspit too, but it's just not happening.

I did wonder if the collapse of ITV Digital might have opened a window for us (and them) into the English set up.

Remains to be seen what devastation the current crisis will wreak among clubs down here.

If enough go to the wall, that may yet provide an opportunity, but it will be fleeting, at best, but TV ruling everything might see it as a money spinning prospect.

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They are ready. This is far from over.

I know you can't say and I'm not asking you to, but is this just you knowing that the board have the guts for a fight or do you know that what we have on these bastards is actually game changing and not just us kicking our legs and screaming " it's not fair"?

Just now, HG5 said:

I did wonder if the collapse of ITV Digital might have opened a window for us (and them) into the English set up.

Remains to be seen what devastation the current crisis will wreak among clubs down here.

If enough for to the wall, that may yet provide an opportunity, but it will be fleeting, at best, but TV ruling everything might see it as a money spinning prospect.

Fair point.  We are in unprecedented times and all that jazz.

4 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

2 posts in 5 mins and both make you look suspect 

ive been a member for years  dont post alot so you can just fuck right  off

Archived