Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Could someone please give a brief summary of the Dundee Hibernians statement. I would feel unclean going anywhere near it. 

I want to pass on my thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by the COVID-19 virus whether part of the Dundee United family, the Dundee community or the key workers on the front line. 

These unprecedented times are causing extreme hardships on many and will have a significant effect in both the short and long term on the overall welfare of families and businesses.

As Chairman of Dundee United FC, I am very proud of what our Club has been able to accomplish in the relatively short period of time under our ownership. 

We, together, have started something special here and the words of United Together cannot be understated. The future of our position in the league is under discussion with the governing bodies. Our coaching staff and players are more determined than ever to continue what we have started as soon as they can, to create even more memories for our fans.

I want to thank everyone throughout our Club for making the furlough process as easy as possible. We also, however, all need to understand that with every crisis comes financial burden which needs to be managed carefully. Financially, this is an extremely difficult time for our Club.

With that in mind and with great disappointment, I would like to state that recent talks between Dundee United FC and the Dundee United Supporters Foundation (DUSF) have now come to an end. 

After initially being told the organisation was there to assist our Club with monies which have been raised throughout their membership, we as a board were not willing to fulfil the unreasonable demands of DUSF encompassing a requirement for shares and thereafter a secured loan. This is particularly troublesome to us considering the size of the overall investment Scott and I have put into Dundee United FC and quite frankly goes against all the values that we have as owners and as a Club.

Therefore, we are formally announcing that Dundee United FC will no longer recognise DUSF as a partner moving forward. What this means for the future existence of that organisation and to the distribution or otherwise of the funds it has accumulated from fans over a number of years is a question only their Steering Committee can answer.

We will be shortly announcing the formation of a new Supporters' Foundation after consultation with the various supporter groups with whom we have clear and productive relationships.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/6469/STATEMENT-FROM-CHAIRMAN-MARK-OGREN.html?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=dundeeunitedfc

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If I were Rangers, I would not comment I know everyone wants to hear from them but others are doing a great job on our behalf.

We don't need to right now we've made our position clear independent inquiry required and both CEO and lawyer to be suspended.

Since then all we've pointed out is there is a alternative method for struggling clubs to get money.

Since that statement jack shit from spfl funny that

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

We don't need to right now we've made our position clear independent inquiry required and both CEO and lawyer to be suspended.

Since then all we've pointed out is there is a alternative method for struggling clubs to get money.

Since that statement jack shit from spfl funny that

And we still hold our trump card. I'm sitting here in stitches mate 😆

Dundee fc hoping to push through league reconstruction for next season here and the SPFL are saying "it's a possibility, just vote yes and we'll definitely consider it" imo.

Absolutely no chance reconstruction is happening, especially in the timeframe given.

Cunts are getting led up the garden path here and they probably don't even realise it.

Still think it will be last minute negotiating . And they will agree a yes . They will accept whatever is on offer . They can't reverse now or they will have nothing to fall back on IMO . They face extreme pressure from their supporters either way now

It's what we have for me 

Archived