Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

8 minutes ago, B1872 said:

No it won’t! The resolution has passed and we won’t be the club to stop the teams getting cash. Our focus will be on they fenian bastards on the board. 👍🏻

Yip,wait til Saturday morning and then hit them wi legal papers 😉

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Agreed  . pick and choose our away games . i know we will always have guys wanting and moaning for away tickets . It's in the blood . Been there .

Times are different now . Clubs are deliberately shafting us imo , just because they want to . Kilmarnock for one , St Johnstone soon in another way .

We help them survive and we get absolutely no respect . They hate us . Why do we keep funding them .

I will not give HIVS , Sheep , Utd , Kilmarnock , St Johnstone and others any of my money now . I would only consider going to possibly a few away grounds .

It's no drama . Just what i want to do . Every bear needs their football fix . I just feel more and more like speeding away days in the pub.

The amount of shite decisions going against us in these games is another matter all together 

Unless club and others demand a boycott then I'll not knock others for going. 

But I'm out. Every domestic away.

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Right I'm pissed off and said enough . Night bears . I'm away to dream about Mr Park's  statement to save the day 

Unfortunately this was tinged with inevitability for me. Teflon corrupt c*nts that have the brass neck to carry on as if nothing has happened.

12 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

That cunt Jackson claiming  that any  interdict will send clubs to the wall. 

Big bad Rangers rhetoric being ramped up:

If Partick or any club challenge in courts money will be frozen for months.
Scottish football faces one final 24-hour sweat before the SPFL can begin dishing out the cash payments which will help it survive the coronavirus crisis.

A total of £9.3million of crucial prize money was finally unlocked yesterday when Dundee flipped sides and voted through a raft of emergency measures, just as Record Sport revealed they would on Tuesday morning.

But, although league bosses now have enough backing to effectively end the current season and start distributing funds, we understand the proposals could still be blocked if a legal challenge is made before 10am on Thursday when the cash is to be released.

Partick Thistle have already threatened to take it to the courts after they were relegated from the Championship as part of the proposals which will also see Stranraer sent down to the fourth tier UNLESS league reconstruction can be rushed through the rule book in time for the start of next season.

Hearts owner Ann Budge - whose club will also face the drop by the end of this month - and Les Gray of Hamiltin have been appointed to head up a task force and charged with the responsibility of thrashing out a new look league set-up which would win the approval of the overwhelming majority of Scotland’s 42 clubs.

Plans will now be discussed to create a new 14 or even a 16 team top flight and sources believe there is a prevailing mood to rush to an agreement. 

But, while the SPFL hope this will help to convince Thistle to back down, there remains the possibility that an interim interdict could be lodged at the Court of Session between now and tomorrow morning, which would freeze all emergency pay outs for months – and send tens of clubs to the wall.

A source said: “That’s the final hurdle that the SPFL has to get across. If Thistle or anyone else for that matter feel strongly enough then the legal route would be open to them until 10am on Friday when the money will be deposited to clubs around the country.

“Let’s just say there will be some people on the sixth floor of Hampden and beyond who will be crossing their fingers and holding their breath until the money starts dropping into the accounts of our clubs.

“But the hope is that all the disharmony we have seen over the last couple of weeks - or at least most of it - was ended yesterday by Dundee’s vote.

“It’s been a messy, heated affair and the SPFL will have to look back when this is all over to learn from the mistakes it has made and understand what changes can be made to the rules so that Scottish football is not placed in a situation such as this again god forbid it is ever faced with a similar set of circumstances to those which have been presented by this global pandemic.”

Dundee’s yes vote was cast just moments before yesterday’s 5pm SPFL board meeting and five days after last Friday’s deadline.

As a result -0 and with immediate effect - Tayside rivals Dundee United were crowned champions of the Championship, Raith Rovers have been awarded the League One title and Cove Rangers have clinched League Two.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: “Prior to this positive result, we were unable to make the vital end-of-season payments, which will provide a lifeline to so many clubs in the lower divisions. From our detailed discussions with clubs, many were facing an enormous cash-flow crisis. We have moved as quickly as possible to try to resolve this unprecedented situation.

“We’ve achieved the 75% agreement threshold in the Ladbrokes Premiership, Championship and Leagues 1 and 2 and will now be working as quickly as we can to get the end-of-season payments to members in the three lower divisions by the end of this week.”

That article is reeking. Dundee are a disgrace, but people were lining up to boot them into a yes vote after that friday shambles and now the same will happen to Partick. 

Fuck right off. It's a disgrace what's happening to Partick Thistle and Falkirk in terms of the result of their season.

Can see PT’s point here tbh. Reconstruction isn’t guaranteed here and they clearly mean business with the legal situation. 

If they do pursue this then i’d hope we’re not far behind. 

3 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I still can't believe there isn't more outrage about them releasing the vote early. It's not a democratic exercise if the results are already freely available to influence how other voters later cast their ballots. The entire process has absolutely no legitimacy whatsoever. Imagine if on Election day they announced at 5pm that, for example, Labour were leading in this constituency and the Tories in that one etc etc. Worse, imagine if you held a vote in your workplace to cut wages (because the bosses argue it's the only way to save jobs, for example), and the barrier for approval was 80%. Your bosses then release all the votes before the deadline for voting has even ending, and you all discover that there is 78% approval. Suddenly *that cunt* in the office who told everyone he was going to protect people's wages went straight to the bosses and negotiated his vote in return for getting all sorts of personal benefits.

I don't think I'll ever get over how ridiculously laughable this entire process has been. And now already they're beginning the PR campaign about how we all need to accept it or clubs will go to the wall. Tinpot, corrupt, banana republic, backwards - there is no truly accurate means of articulating just how ridiculous this is.

Spot on comparison, and this is playing out publicly!!

6 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Ayr United have knocked back reconstruction already FS! 😂

1 - They have no say in it, well according to the current rules.

2 - He wants a 18 or 20 team premiership, or as he puts it "the spl".

The cunt is a numpty.

18 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Record claiming spfl will sweat until Friday with fingers crossed that no interdict will go in. 

Maybe that’s our game here - Interdict in. Clubs need cash = loans. Resolution absolutely shanked. 

The Rangers fighting fund would have been ideal for this situation,but maybe building bridges is a better idea.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

1 - They have no say in it, well according to the current rules.

2 - He wants a 18 or 20 team premiership, or as he puts it "the spl".

The cunt is a numpty.

He is a numpty. And I say that as someone who used to know him quite well when we were younger. 

A turncoat from a family with a big Rangers heritage as well. His father will be spinning in his grave. The boy is a fanny these days. 

1 minute ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

"If Partick or any club challenge in courts" 

We know exactly who they mean by other clubs. 

I hope they are referring to Rangers. Nothing would make me happier seeing us serve legal papers at this stage. Go to war with them. 

Ayr United chairman Lachlan Cameron

He told the Ayrshire Post : "I have no interest in suing people or pursuing legal challenges.

"But if that is the proposal put to us, I will find myself having a very real problem.

"You can't tell me that, all of a sudden, a 14 team Premiership is the solution to our game's problems.

"Let's be realistic about this. If we go down this road, we're doing it to appease the likes of Hearts and Partick Thistle.

"And I'm sorry but that's insane.

"If you're going to restructure, do it properly, not because you're worried about the legal challenges flying around.

"Also, why should Inverness be promoted from our league when they are in a play-off place just the same as Dundee and Ayr United?

"I would view that as grossly unfair."

The 42 member clubs are set to chew the fat as Hearts' Ann Budge and Hamilton's Les Gray lead a reconstruction taskforce.

But Ayr chairman Cameron insists his club won't be bullied into backing the much mooted 14 team setup.

He said: "We've done the logical thing by finally passing the SPFL resolution.

"It was pretty ugly and not perfect, and not everyone was going to like it, but it was the best way forward in the circumstances as far as I could tell.

"We're in danger of opening ourselves up to more farce here.

"If I could be convinced that a 14 team Premiership was the way to go, of course I'd support it.  But I'm not.

"And by the way, it's not like I'm a huge fan of a 16 team setup either.

"I have long argued for either 18 or 20 but we all know that will never happen.

"What I'm simply saying is you can't force through a 14 team Premiership off the back of all this. It wouldn't be right."

See even if it's pish that he's talking (KJ) I hope we do lodge an interim interdict. I hope clubs do go to the wall. Fuck every single one of them.

Regardless....the money can be released to the lower leagues now that placings have been finalised. Even if this were to change.....the amounts overpaid would be insignificant and surely written off.

10 minutes ago, McKissock said:

That article is reeking. Dundee are a disgrace, but people were lining up to boot them into a yes vote after that friday shambles and now the same will happen to Partick. 

Fuck right off. It's a disgrace what's happening to Partick Thistle and Falkirk in terms of the result of their season.

Just more bully tactics from the SPFL. If you launch any legal challenge against us now, you'll hurt the rest of Scottish football. 

We've been treated like the bad guys so long in this country. Fuck it why not launch an interdict. Embrace the big bad Rangers role they have been determined to give us. 

Archived