That Balogun tackle.

3 hours ago, Essandoh said:

See the thing is, it’s all from marauding runs through the middle and him thinking he’s Madjid Bougherra

Give the ball to a midfielder and stop trying to play football

Suppose it must be frustrating when the midfielders you’re supposed to give the ball to won’t even take it forward 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Suppose it must be frustrating when the midfielders you’re supposed to give the ball to won’t even take it forward 

Kamara actually did really well with that I thought

Impossible with Davis and Arfield mind you

I prefer Helander but I'm starting to take to the guy as a player. Looks comfortable and solid alongside Goldson. 

It's early days though. A lot of players have came, strolled it then fell away to fuck - but he looks promising. 

I didn't think he'd be a good signing at all so I'd love him to carry on and prove us wrong.

4 hours ago, Inigo said:

It's funny how folk notice mistakes from players they don't like and miss them from players they do. Goldson had one or two, but he also bailed out Balogun once, and separately Balogun made a very poor clearance that led to St Mirren's penalty claim/free kick.

Goldson, like Tav though, has a history of making mistakes that are costly. Balogun hasn’t yet. It’s entirely understandable.

45 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Goldson, like Tav though, has a history of making mistakes that are costly. Balogun hasn’t yet. It’s entirely understandable.

Don't think it's particularly fair when he's generally playing well just now, making no fewer mistakes than his partner, but continues to get slated when his partner's rightly adjudged to be playing well. 

Besides, it's happened before. Was often crucified when Katic was no better but was being lauded. And it was the same to an extent when he partnered Edmundson.

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Don't think it's particularly fair when he's generally playing well just now, making no fewer mistakes than his partner, but continues to get slated when his partner's rightly adjudged to be playing well. 

Besides, it's happened before. Was often crucified when Katic was no better but was being lauded. And it was the same to an extent when he partnered Edmundson.

The good thing is, Edmundson is now 5th choice center back. 

Nothing against the guy, he was a 600k buy from Oldham so I don't expect him to be the next Franco Baresi or anything, but he's a Warburton-type signing. He'll be back down south playing for Walsall or MK Dons in a year or two - with all due respect to him.

Just now, British_Empire said:

Nothing against the guy, he was a 600k buy from Oldham so I don't expect him to be the next Franco Baresi or anything, but he's a Warburton-type signing. He'll be back down south playing for Walsall or MK Dons in a year or two - with all due respect to him.

Yeah, agree. I think we have a clear top 3 CBs, Katic who I think can get better then the big man.

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

I disagree with Edmundson. He has a bright future ahead of him and will go far in the game.

I still think Helander is the better choice but can't be critical of anything Balogun has done so far.

3 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I prefer Helander but I'm starting to take to the guy as a player. Looks comfortable and solid alongside Goldson. 

It's early days though. A lot of players have came, strolled it then fell away to fuck - but he looks promising. 

I didn't think he'd be a good signing at all so I'd love him to carry on and prove us wrong.

I don’t know why but I just can’t take to Helander. I think Goldson looks improved from last season but he still gives me the fear. A couple of errors from Balogun but the good outweighs the bad for me 

1 minute ago, jintybear said:

I don’t know why but I just can’t take to Helander. I think Goldson looks improved from last season but he still gives me the fear. A couple of errors from Balogun but the good outweighs the bad for me 

It might be his lack of speed. That can catch him out, but when it comes to the basic art of defending he's excellent. IMO.

Just now, British_Empire said:

It might be his lack of speed. That can catch him out, but when it comes to the basic art of defending he's excellent. IMO.

I agree. I don’t know what it is but I just feel my heart sink when he plays and he has done nothing wrong 😂

Archived