Jack/Kamara

ElBufalo20

We set up play from the back and it remains as slow as a week in the jail. No creativity or drive from Jack and Kamara and not clinical enough up front 

Seen this movie the previous two seasons and more.

If possession won titles we are on three in a row, so it's sadly over to the scum.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack and Kamara isn’t the fundamental reason we didn’t win today. They did what they were asked to do, win possession high up, fall back for Tav and Barisic to attack, get the ball into the players that are meant to be able to do the job in the final third. That four players had more than enough chances and opportunities to do what they are paid to do Morelos, Hagi ,Artfield and Kent should between the four of them be able to find spaces and create goal scoring chances. 

We only have one creative midfielder in aribo.

Jack and Kamara are the same type of player. We don't need 2 holding midfielders in this league. Especially in games like today when you know the opposition isn't coming across the halfway line.  

We need more creativity and drive in that midfield. Livi like others knew quite our front 3 and the midfield won't hurt them. 

Gerrard and management have had plenty of time to fix this and still persist. Money needs spent in this area to get better quality. 

both kamara & moreso jack don’t hurt the opposition enough. They play too many meaningless passes in deep areas. 

When we signed jack an Aberdeen supporter told me he wouldn’t lose us the league but wouldn’t win it for us either. He was correct.

Even with Jack and Kamara, Livi still got in behind a few times. If we took one of them out we would be far more exposed and vulnerable defensively, especially with how high our full backs play and how freely the front 4 play as well.

I understand against lesser opposition, who play ultra defensively why you may sacrifice one however, today, IMO our primary reason for not winning was our front 4s inability to create and convert chances. Their movement was very much lacking too. 

Even with Jack and Kamara we should be winning that game every day of the week.

When attacking we’ve  got Morelos, Hagi, Kent Artfield with Tav and Barisic on the wings to take players away from centre. If they four can’t between them pick out passes to each other to create space then they’ve failed. Another 0 goals against today, defensively we are working, four attacking players should be enough to to the job at the other side of the pitch. 

I don't think either of them are great.

I never have.

But Gerrard has built a team around them - kinda - in the sense that his team is set up with 2 bang-average holding midfielders who dictate the tempo to our play going forward. 

It's unforgivable and has cost us since day one (third year of it now under him).

38 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

When attacking we’ve  got Morelos, Hagi, Kent Artfield with Tav and Barisic on the wings to take players away from centre. If they four can’t between them pick out passes to each other to create space then they’ve failed. Another 0 goals against today, defensively we are working, four attacking players should be enough to to the job at the other side of the pitch. 

Agree, but a Rangers team in scottish football should never be playing with a back four and 2 holding midfielders with only one striker playing alone.

3 minutes ago, SANDYGER said:

Agree, but a Rangers team in scottish football should never be playing with a back four and 2 holding midfielders with only one striker playing alone.

When attacking 2 of the 4 at the back are up with the attacking players and one of the two between Jack or Kamara fall back, The tactics should work it doesn’t because our creative players aren’t creative enough. 

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

Jack and Kamara isn’t the fundamental reason we didn’t win today. They did what they were asked to do, win possession high up, fall back for Tav and Barisic to attack, get the ball into the players that are meant to be able to do the job in the final third. That four players had more than enough chances and opportunities to do what they are paid to do Morelos, Hagi ,Artfield and Kent should between the four of them be able to find spaces and create goal scoring chances. 

It was about 75 minutes until Jack gave the ball away with a pass, he must be being told to come back to take the ball from the CH's, he played many forward passes but no one who took the pass did fuck all  with it. I admit he is not a real forward thinking player but he is certainly the whipping boy on RM already this season. 

I would agree with some that say Jack and Kamara should not be played together in the Scottish league games but we do not have anyone able to play the Aribo roll apart from him at the moment, we certainly need another one and quickly IMO. 

11 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It was about 75 minutes until Jack gave the ball away with a pass, he must be being told to come back to take the ball from the CH's, he played many forward passes but no one who took the pass did fuck all  with it. I admit he is not a real forward thinking player but he is certainly the whipping boy on RM already this season. 

I would agree with some that say Jack and Kamara should not be played together in the Scottish league games but we do not have anyone able to play the Aribo roll apart from him at the moment, we certainly need another one and quickly IMO. 

It’s amazing how we can all view the game differently. I’m with you I thought Jack played the role he was obviously ordered to do well. We are missing a player that can make runs behind. Jack almost picked out Artfield when he tried one such run but it’s too easy for the opposition to know where the balls going to go. 

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

10 minutes of the game was wasted with these two playing square passes to each other after taking the ball off Goldson or Helander, we have to get rid of one out the team heads or tails after that today.

Totally agree, we should be going to these grounds showing intent on winning with 2 up front.

I know Roofe and Itten need to find their feet but surely Itten could've started this one in place of one of our holding midfielders 

Pressure and urgency like the last ten minutes  has to be showing through the majority of the 90 minutes

Archived