Itten

KeyserSoze

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Still looks cumbersome with Lafferty levels of shiteness in the air. 

I'm not seeing a player who is a level above say Nisbet who could have been bought for next to nothing.

Doesn't mean I'm unhappy with him and he'll score plenty at home against the shite in the league, but the mark of a good player to me is that he leaves you thinking "I hope to fuck we can keep him". I can't see ever thinking that about him.

I don't think anyone ever thought that about Morelos in the first 6 months, did they?

Thought he did well in a position where I don’t think any of us expected to see him in. He is quite neat on the ball and was unlucky at the back post in the 2nd half. 

He’s still got some settling in to do and to find his rhythm. I reckon he’ll do well for us.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I'm not seeing a player who is a level above say Nisbet who could have been bought for next to nothing.

Doesn't mean I'm unhappy with him and he'll score plenty at home against the shite in the league, but the mark of a good player to me is that he leaves you thinking "I hope to fuck we can keep him". I can't see ever thinking that about him.

ffs. 

6 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Some seem desperate for the big guy to fail 

Same with the criticism Roofe got mid week, like some people are so pro Morelos they’ll slate anyone who’s a threat to him starting games 

Disagree,  the same people slating Itten are more than likely the same ones who think Alfys shite 🤣

I've bit my tongue to all the praise he has gotten on here until I seen him start a game.

He is decent, a slight step up from Kamberi but he is what I always thought he was which is okay. Roofe has far better skills but was not to be risked on that awful surface.

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

This can’t be serious 

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I’d take Itten ahead of Nisbet in a game like that every single time. As for other games, would you really play Nisbet over Morelos? Roofe is a better player than Nisbet and Defoe is as reliable as ever.

He was by far our best attacker today, should have been moved centrally in place of Morelos where his hold up play would have been more effective in bringing support runners into play. 

Morelos largely ineffective again and Kents form has dropped off a cliff, Itten is the least of our worries in what has become a pretty toothless attack recently. 

Itten was stuck out wide because Kilmarnock have a short LB.  Itten’s strength and height would be better suited in the middle but he was given a different job to do today and done okay.  Can’t really judge him until he’s played as the CF. 

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

WTF you on about FFS some of our fans just are never happy.  I would love to see you lot do any better 

Bit early to be making sweeping judgements given he's hardly played. No really fair when he's had a smattering of game time here and there. 

Best forward today. Not saying much, seeing as the forwards still look a bit laboured and struggle to make a lot of good chances. Early days for him, though.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He was not 'mediocre' nor was it a sitter. Come to fuck.

The same cunts calling it a sitter would be praising McGregor to the high heavens for making that save... The Killie goalkeeper done really well to get a leg out.

Kent's "effort" was far worse.

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

Itten was stuck out wide because Kilmarnock have a short LB.  Itten’s strength and height would be better suited in the middle but he was given a different job to do today and done okay.  Can’t really judge him until he’s played as the CF. 

I think that was the tactic too. We were abysmal for an hour trying to take advantage of it.

Just now, falkirkNS said:

Remind me how many 90mins itten has had???

Was our best forward player today,held the ball up very well, more dangerous when centre forward... 

Roofe playing off hi  I'd like to see..

Some won’t like to hear it but I think we’d be a much better side football wise if those 2 started together 

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I’d take Itten ahead of Nisbet in a game like that every single time. As for other games, would you really play Nisbet over Morelos? Roofe is a better player than Nisbet and Defoe is as reliable as ever.

Of course I fucking wouldn't. And where have I argued that Nisbet is better than Roofe (he isnt't)?

Nisbet and Itten as two >6 feet early 20 something out and out centre forwards are comparable as players. 

So far, I don't see anything in Itten that suggests he's a far better player than Nisbet who when I've seen him looks quicker and better in the air.

It's early days though, in time maybe Itten will change my mind.

It's fucking mental that some cunts think you can't have an opinion on what you've seen so far from a player. It doesn't mean the opinion is set in stone. When the fuck is anyone allowed an opinion on a player then, after how many games/minutes? 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Of course I fucking wouldn't. And where have I argued that Nisbet is better than Roofe (he isnt't)?

Nisbet and Itten as two >6 feet early 20 something out and out centre forwards are comparable as players. 

So far, I don't see anything in Itten that suggests he's a far better player than Nisbet who when I've seen him looks quicker and better in the air.

It's early days though, in time maybe Itten will change my mind.

It's fucking mental that some cunts think you can't have an opinion on what you've seen so far from a player. It doesn't mean the opinion is set in stone. When the fuck is anyone allowed an opinion on a player then, after how many games/minutes? 

Calm the fuck down ya weapon :lol: 

Archived