Roofe & Itten

British_Empire

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Vision said:

Poofe from what I've seen in video's will be the more clinical goal scorer, SHItten will chip in with his share but not so much.

3 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Really like SHItten, a lot of the good stuff he does will go unnoticed

When we finally have a midfielder on with him who spots some of the runs he makes he’ll score plenty 

Wtf is with the spelling of our players names? 

1st half was a write off for big Itten because he was out right for most of it, once he moved more central in the 2nd half he looked a lot more dangerous, got himself into positions and the goals will come. 

Roofe took his goal well but you can tell he is still a couple of weeks away from being at 100%, should be a cracking player once he is fully up to speed mind you. 

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

Will click soon imo, both good players.

Yeah I think it will be a good partnership upfront. We are to dependent on fat Alfie. If he goes or stays then having SHItten and Poofe as well let’s us change our approach to games. It has been an issue for a awhile now need two strikers to occupy defenders.

Roofe didn’t look sharp but you can tell the talent is there, unlucky not to have two with the one that hit the post which isn’t too bad from someone still with work to do to get fully match fit.

Still early days for Itten, should have hit the target with the shot he put over in the first half but showed some nice touches and looks like he can win a header which give us another option in games where teams are hard to break down.

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Please be patient. 

I know today wasn’t great (second half we loosened up and played better) but these two will need a wee bit of time to get upto speed and develop an understanding.

They won’t get forever but I seen glimpses in Itten today and even though Roofe didn’t do too much other than the goal you need to remember it’s a been a couple of weeks and it’s a guy from Switzerland and a guy that’s played most in England who’s never met so partnerships need time to develop an understanding.

as I say, they won’t get forever to gel but they do get a wee bit time. 

Far from great today, but Kilmarnock are a notoriously sticky team. Was rigid but back to winning ways. 

a big thing to take from it yet another clean sheet. 

I have my doubts over us finishing teams this season but the way we play we’re gonna be so hard to beat tbh 

Good post, and like the anti kneeling profile pic/avatar, whatever the fuck its called, Rangers players should be kneeling for no one.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Neither were great but they will feel like they belong now after getting prime minutes.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Fair. Better 2nd half though when both seemed more comfortable in their positions 

Both of you are correct.

But today was never gonna be easy, against a team like Kilmarnock who are notorious for it, with 2 new strikers starting for the first time.

I'm fine with it. Plenty room for improvement, but there's something to go on there.

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Early days but I like them both. Hopefully ittens head doesn't drop if he doesn't score for while cause hes putting himself about upfront. Shouldn't be forgotten

Working for the team is just as important if not more important than his individual goal tally ,If his runs and movement creates space and chances for others he’s doing a good job ,Just like Morelos has done in the past when he’s had droughts he’s always done his bit for the team .

43 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Thought they were both decent today. Got the makings of a decent partnership 

Was it itten that challenged the high ball a few seconds before kents goal? We usually give away fucking stupid freekicks for pushing in the box, surprised itten (if it was him) was able to actually challenge properly

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Was it itten that challenged the high ball a few seconds before kents goal? We usually give away fucking stupid freekicks for pushing in the box, surprised itten (if it was him) was able to actually challenge properly

Was Itten, aye

The one thing I said I liked about Itten when he was heavily linked and checked the clips was his link-up play.

A couple of bits today, IMO, were fantastic - I'm thinking the low ball, about half-way through the second half, with his back to the packed defence and he goes to about 2 foot and flicks the ball behind him with the head into (I think?) Roofe? 

It was really intelligent play - and we miss that in and around the box.

Archived