A Thread on Kent

Bearsden bear

Arguably the best game i've seen from Kent, he's having a great start to the season...I was abit of a critic of his, as didn't think he got enough goals/assists (i know it not all about numbers)...but he's certainly producing the goods now - long may it continue.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

He was great on loan, but think that 7 million price tag got to him a bit last season and he was maybe trying too hard. He's been our best player this season so far IMO. If we can keep him he will be pivotal. 

On a sidenote, think Hagi has been really disappointing, he has to realise you don't get too much time on the ball up here. Hopefully he'll come good though.

Barisic has been our best player , with Kent not far behind.

Once Aribo is back the team will be flying. 

9 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Barisic has been our best player , with Kent not far behind.

Once Aribo is back the team will be flying. 

Borna is quality and he was really good especially first half today. However, for me Kent is marginally in front of Borna as he is the catalyst engine room of most of what happens for us. Both are key players, real quality. Top drawer.

22 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Naw man he pure dusnae assist man.

A hate online cunts 😂😂😂😂

It’s brutal mate. Look at yesterday for instance, Hagis goal was all through Kent’s brilliant wide work but he won’t get that assist because of the scramble after it hit the bar. Basically shows why stats aren’t what defines a player. 

Two weeks ago he was a waste of £7m on here.

I guess we should take a step back from RM opinions and judge a player on their past and present performances as well as their potential..... Nah, he is shit and not worth the money. Bite your hand off for £5m :lol:

Back on track, he looks renewed after a full pre-season and hopefully he continues in this form and stays clear of injury.

Two things that have improved since last season.

Looks more comfortable going either outside or inside the defender.

Ball control improved, look how far he lets the ball get away from him compared with last season.   Not quite Messi but going in the right direction.   

The two combine.   By keeping closer control the defender has to make a choice.  Either he  sits off and let’s Kent run or gets drawn in giving Ryan the option of using his pace to pass him on either side.

Imperative we resist any offer for Kent this season, I have commented already that we want him to stay so the incentive is for Leeds or whoever else to make an offer that cant be rebuked, which anything under £20 million in my opinion can and should be. I’m not claiming that these stats whilst playing in the SPFL make him worth this figure but if they really want him that’s what they’ll have to fork out.
He will no doubt move on if he remains consistent (in a season or two hopefully) and his transfer fee then will only be getting higher. 

F008A2BC-CEC4-4D34-8FA1-169FEA189BA1.jpeg

the best Scottish midfielder I have ever seen in my lifetime  especially in a Rangers jersey was Barry Fergusson, Kent on Saturday was showing glimpses of that standard i know its far to early but this guy has the potential to be at that standard imo

On 29/08/2020 at 21:23, foghorn leghorn said:

Ok, we sell Alfie for £16m then Kent for £20 and buy that wee guy that wants out of Catalonia - job done.

Man city are apparently putting together a cool half billion package for him so could sell both players 10x over and still not have enough for him. Fucking madness.

Archived