***** Official Scum vs Rangers Match Thread *****

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I had a better dream. Morelos scored from 2 yards and Kamara chipped the goalie within the first 15 mins. 

Pretty sure we won 5-0 but a was also blazing in my dream anol

So this is defo happening then mate?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

We've looked ropey from set pieces and aerial balls coming into our box a few times as well, that's their best chance of scoring tomorrow, Helander is usually solid in the air but Goldson needs 100% concentration from the first whistle. 

Goldson is a good defender on ground level when it comes to tackling, winning loose balls, 50-50's etc but he's a tendency to lose his man at set-pieces (his passing isn't great either, but neither was the likes of Amoruso or Weir - in fact, their distribution was awful but they could defend well first and foremost). 

I have a feeling Griffiths will play. Helander would be man-marking him right out the game if it was upto me. That would be the instruction. No real goal threat that way unless someone like McGregor get's to run amok picking up space in and about (and behind us). 

Assuming Eduoard is out, that is.

14 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Goldson is a good defender on ground level when it comes to tackling, winning loose balls, 50-50's etc but he's a tendency to lose his man at set-pieces (his passing isn't great either, but neither was the likes of Amoruso or Weir - in fact, their distribution was awful but they could defend well first and foremost). 

I have a feeling Griffiths will play. Helander would be man-marking him right out the game if it was upto me. That would be the instruction. No real goal threat that way unless someone like McGregor get's to run amok picking up space in and about (and behind us). 

Goldson has developed a lovely 50yrds ish cross field diagonal pass that  we are always looking to exploit but agree his passing in the main should be better.  

25 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Passing is probably one of his best attributes, so not sure why you're saying this.

5 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Because I don't think his passing's great.

Neither is Helander's, but I don't really care because they can defend well enough first and foremost.

Wouldn't describe anyone in the team as a "great" passer tbh.

Goldson is one of the better passers in the team though.

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Wouldn't describe anyone in the team as a "great" passer tbh.

Goldson is one of the better passers in the team though.

Agree with great, but Davis and Kamara are good passers IMO. 

Minus the odd Kamara brain fart pass obv.

Jack's a decent passer too, just not really with tempo or real probe.

Strangely I feel confident about putting the Orcs to the sword in their own heap. If our players play at a reasonable level we will win. Every time they have played a half decent team they have fell apart, mostly in Europe. They will not play an eleven man defense and will come at us, this will suit us. 3-1 Rangers.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Agree with great, but Davis and Kamara are good passers IMO. 

Minus the odd Kamara brain fart pass obv.

Jack's a decent passer too, just not really with tempo or real probe.

Agree with Davis - apart from the chip through ball he attempts that has a 98% fail rate.

Kamara is good in tight areas playing 1 2s, but think his long passing is poor tbh.

Agree with Jack. 

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Gerrard just said this game is too soon for Aribo and Roofe

This Roofe situation is really starting to piss me off now even though I'm not surprised he got injured considering his recent record. 

Does anyone even know what the issue is? 

Just now, KBOO72 said:

This Roofe situation is really starting to piss me off now even though I'm not surprised he got injured considering his recent record. 

He said they're both really close but just that tomorrow is a stretch, sounds like they'll both be ready for the next match 

Just now, Smell the hotdog said:

He said maybe little bit too soon. Didn't 100% rule it out. 

Sounds like he’s keeping cards close to his chest.

Yeah did consider that as well tbh, there is a small grey area there you are right. 

55 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Agree with most of that but have to say some of Goldsons passing out of defence is excellent, especially his long balls. 

2 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

I’m sure it was his calf he went down holding in Gibraltar.

Boys been dogged by calf injuries at both Leeds and Anderlecht. Not like we didn’t know he misses decent chunks of the season.

Whole reason I was against the signing from the start.

Archived