*****The Official Standard Liège v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

3 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

This team are a point off top and not lost at home in Europe for 7 years.

I'm confident we will do well but please dont have a RM meltdown if we draw or lose 😄

Im saying a 1-1 draw then a 2-0 win on Sunday.

RM pendulum is always only 90 minutes away.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Now who is taking it too far.

Middletons exactly the same type of player as Wylde and O’Halloran , defender backs off and jockeys , their games over , heed doon to by line 99.9% a honking cross 

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Its the only very very small thing we need to improve on. 3 draws and 3 defeats but the three draws were great results IMO.

A win would be great but I'd settle for 4/5 away points from 9 if offered right now.

I think we will do this mob tonight and lech. Benfica anything can happen. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Its the only very very small thing we need to improve on. 3 draws and 3 defeats but the three draws were great results IMO.

A win would be great but I'd settle for 4/5 away points from 9 if offered right now.

Don’t think we have won a European Group Stage away match since Lyon in 07.

We’ve only won a handful in total. Lyon, Livorno, Amica Wronki, Monaco, PSV, CSKA Moscow?

19 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Middletons exactly the same type of player as Wylde and O’Halloran , defender backs off and jockeys , their games over , heed doon to by line 99.9% a honking cross 

Which is no different to Barker, home grown and on a quarter of the wage. Don't think me wanting to play Middleton ahead of Barker means I think Middleton is good enough for the first team, but to say Middleton being better than Barker is 'taking things too far' is a tad silly mate. Will leave it there. 

27 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

A draw would be a good result tonight. We can sneak a win though

35 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Which is no different to Barker, home grown and on a quarter of the wage. Don't think me wanting to play Middleton ahead of Barker means I think Middleton is good enough for the first team, but to say Middleton being better than Barker is 'taking things too far' is a tad silly mate. Will leave it there. 

Barkers not the answer but he’s got more about him than Middleton , Middleton will be on the opposite wing from wylde at east Stirlingshire in a couple of years , these type of players always end the same way 

Bookies have us at close to evens so I won't be having a bet at those odds.

We are a good European team and I think that we will win but a draw would not be a disaster. Going to watch both games today as cheering on Milan will be an acceptable prelude to the big match.

Heart says we win 2-1.

5 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Bookies have us at close to evens so I won't be having a bet at those odds.

We are a good European team and I think that we will win but a draw would not be a disaster. Going to watch both games today as cheering on Milan will be an acceptable prelude to the big match.

Heart says we win 2-1.

We're playing first, mate. 5.55pm, don't miss it. 

In some ways, I think tonight is a harder game than Porto, Galatasaray etc. It’s likely two similarly matched teams who have pedigree for getting big results against, on paper, superior sides. 

We’re often underestimated (privately at least) by the likes of Porto, Braga, Gala etc, but that won’t be the case tonight. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us draw or lose this (and no shame in doing so, either), but we’re flying so I’m saying 1-2 Rangers. Kent and Morelos.

Archived