Morelos

Swagger

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny how when players like halliday who love the club and gave his all were playing shite he was hounded. along with others. but alfredo has been crap  the whole year but is above getting criticised.

hes a striker who is not scoring and is absent most of the game and doesnt do ny defending for the team.

but yeah he pulls defenders and is involved in goals. literally all anyone has to say in his defence other than his new role and its getting sad here it repeated over and over.

worst player in our squad for a long time and is the highest paid.

4 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

funny how when players like halliday who love the club and gave his all were playing shite he was hounded. along with others. but alfredo has been crap  the whole year but is above getting criticised.

hes a striker who is not scoring and is absent most of the game and doesnt do ny defending for the team.

but yeah he pulls defenders and is involved in goals. literally all anyone has to say in his defence other than his new role and its getting sad here it repeated over and over.

worst player in our squad for a long time and is the highest paid.

You post some amount of pish ya balloon 🤣

He's still young and will go through spells like this but I do feel he's still contributing to our overall play.

He just doesn't look like he's going to score anytime soon though and I still think he's not got the sharpness he had a while back.

1 minute ago, Mclean RFC said:

says the cunt calling people balloons as if that is some sort of decent patter.

state of you mate.

Dry yer eyes mate stop greeting like a taig 🤣

55 is on the way, Alfredo will be lifting the trophy and will have played his part in our momentous achievement. 🇬🇧

Just now, East Enclosure Row N said:

If a premiership level offer came in for any of the three, I doubt we would knock it back.

I think we will unless it's something completely out of this world simply because January would be a horrendous time to try and replace our key players when we're on the brink of glory. Short term funds have already been gained by European progress so I think Gerrard will make it clear to the board that this can't happen in January

Of course playing in Scotland we have to be realistic and big offers would need to be reassessed in the summer, although if we get to the CL group stages that could also be a game changer to some extent 

13 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

55 is on the way, Alfredo will be lifting the trophy and will have played his part in our momentous achievement. 🇬🇧

less of the  taig patter aswell please. no need for it.

55 is on the way mate. and aye am sure he will be but he needs to get his confidence and hunger back. one of the best players i have seen in a Rangers top when hes fired up. well if he does not want a move away in january.

34 minutes ago, Shearer said:

Teams don't double up on our other players. His role is to come deep and drag at least one defender out of position which let's others get space. Airfields goal on Thursday is a great example if you watch where Morelos drag 2 defenders out the way.

I know it's hard for supporters to understand who are used to a boyd/mccoist type striker but we've had to change how we use him because how teams defend against us.

If they stop doubling up on him then he'll have more chances/goals but for now he's doing what's asked of him and its working. 

The theory behind our central striker playing this role is something I’m not arguing with and it’s a vital part of our ability to break teams down...but a big ask of that player surely has to be holding it up and retaining possession? Right now Morelos isn’t doing that consistently enough. Just think we’re winning in spite of his recent performances rather than because of them.

18 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Would stick him in the suspect members thread tbh mate, but I'm not a grass. :cheers:

16 minutes ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

The theory behind our central striker playing this role is something I’m not arguing with and it’s a vital part of our ability to break teams down...but a big ask of that player surely has to be holding it up and retaining possession? Right now Morelos isn’t doing that consistently enough. Just think we’re winning in spite of his recent performances rather than because of them.

I agree his touch has been off at times and he's misplaced passes but I don't think our other strikers could play the role that he does.

I think we need to give him more time to adapt to the role but he was involved in 3 of our goals today.

Just in the league we’ve played 16 games. Scored 45. 3 goals against. Alfie allows our other players to get chances to score. Can tell he’s not as happy because he’s not knocking them in but it’s the system this year. Team game and we are reaping the benefits. Defenders hate him. Think we need to take all of this into consideration before crucifying the boy. 

17 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Just in the league we’ve played 16 games. Scored 45. 3 goals against. Alfie allows our other players to get chances to score. Can tell he’s not as happy because he’s not knocking them in but it’s the system this year. Team game and we are reaping the benefits. Defenders hate him. Think we need to take all of this into consideration before crucifying the boy. 

His touch, passing, fitness, work rate, his ability to chase down and defend, even his crabit face have all been slated in here for months, none are as bad as certain people try to make out.  Like I’ve said before some of the criticism is justified but there’s a lot of absolute shite getting repeatedly posted after every match. Think people just exaggerate things to try win the internet.

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

His touch, passing, fitness, work rate, his ability to chase down and defend, even his crabit face have all being slated in here for months, none are as bad as certain people try to make out.  Like I’ve said before some of the criticism is justified but there a lot of absolute shite getting repeatedly posted after every match. Think people just exaggerate things to try win the internet.

Alfie’s frustrations are way above anyone’s on the site mate. Can see this, but he’s playing how he’s told I believe. We know he can score goals, but his role is a bit different and it’s paying dividends for us. Wish people could see it. 

58 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Morelos played a massive part in the opener today.   He took the defender with him that created the space for Davis pass to Tav. 

He’d an accurate pass & 3 people were involved after him.

We’ll be giving McGregor assists for goal kicks before long.

4 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

His touch, passing, fitness, work rate, his ability to chase down and defend, even his crabit face have all being slated in here for months, none are as bad as certain people try to make out.  Like I’ve said before some of the criticism is justified but there’s a lot of absolute shite getting repeatedly posted after every match. Think people just exaggerate things to try win the internet.

aye the criticism of him no smiling's a fuckin cracker :sad: 

Archived