Morelos

Swagger

I've said before that I get his role has changed, and praised him for getting on with it and puting in a shift.

But its like he's forgotten that he's a forward and is still meant to score / assist / be in dangerous positions. He's failing in that regards whilst Roofe is delivering in the same role.

He's really poor unfortunately.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/12/2020 at 15:03, Tiger Shaw said:

Nope RM says he’s shite, management and team mates have got it wrong 😆

Saying that last night wasn’t great from him but he wasn’t alone in that. I think Alfredo gets singled out on here at times for unfair criticism other times some of the criticism is justified. 

Some people just don’t like him as a person or a player and will always look to have a pop at him for trivial things. Doesn’t smile enough is a belter 🤣

If he could sort out his first touch he would be an excellent player.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I won't be critical of any player whilst we are winning. Morelos played a part in the first two goals.

Yes, he could play better and score more but he is far from a liability.

He's escaping critism due to others performing. 

We'd be ripping him to pieces had we been sitting 2nd and him putting in these performances. 

What's his value now?

Imagine our form now with a bang on it Morelos. They'd be hamding out titles already!

Need Buff to find his form, for both us and him!

I think this would be an issue if we were reliant on him scoring but lets face it we are hurting teams even if some of our players not just Morelos are having below par performances we are a much better team now.

The coaching staff have changed his game completely, and its working for us, watch the first goal today, morelos takes the one of the defenders county had centrally at that point and drags him so far out the backline that when roofe scores the guy isn't even back in the box

So instead of a player defending facing away from his goal, you have a midfielder having to run back in which means he's facing his own goal and constantly behind the ball

And with that goal as well it can be argued that the guy who morelos drags out is the defender on that side who cuts out tavs cross and takes the space roofe uses to score

So even though morelos isnt even in the box for the goal, the part he played in it is massive

Loved him, still love him but he’s been poor for months and no amount of “making space for others and drawing out defenders” pish is going to cut it for me. Any of our other forwards could perform the same role but might also have the ability to trap a ball or, God forbid, hit the back of the net once in a while.

Didn't think he was great today, didn't think he was bad either, beyond question he had a part to play in the build up for the goals. But seriously, anyone wanting to change the way we are playing at the moment must be off their head. The system works and it is leading us to comfortable wins with goals shared around the team.

People need to stop looking for problems that aren't there and just enjoy the moment

I might be in a minority of one, but it wouldn't bother me if we sold him tomorrow. He spends more time lying on his back with his face screwed up than a dockside prostitute.

It looks like we may have a battle on our hands to keep a hold of Kent and Kamara in the January transfer window - that's a bigger worry for me. Would not surprise me if a large bid came in from the premiership for Tav either. He's in his prime at 29.

Just now, East Enclosure Row N said:

I might be in a minority of one, but it wouldn't bother me if we sold him tomorrow. He spends more time lying on his back with his face screwed up than a dockside prostitute.

It looks like we may have a battle on our hands to keep a hold of Kent and Kamara in the January transfer window - that's a bigger worry for me. Would not surprise me if a large bid came in from the premiership for Tav either. He's in his prime at 29.

Selling our top players in January would be suicidal with what we're on the brink of

I don't see Gerrard standing for that 

48 minutes ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Loved him, still love him but he’s been poor for months and no amount of “making space for others and drawing out defenders” pish is going to cut it for me. Any of our other forwards could perform the same role but might also have the ability to trap a ball or, God forbid, hit the back of the net once in a while.

Teams don't double up on our other players. His role is to come deep and drag at least one defender out of position which let's others get space. Airfields goal on Thursday is a great example if you watch where Morelos drag 2 defenders out the way.

I know it's hard for supporters to understand who are used to a boyd/mccoist type striker but we've had to change how we use him because how teams defend against us.

If they stop doubling up on him then he'll have more chances/goals but for now he's doing what's asked of him and its working. 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The coaching staff have changed his game completely, and its working for us, watch the first goal today, morelos takes the one of the defenders county had centrally at that point and drags him so far out the backline that when roofe scores the guy isn't even back in the box

So instead of a player defending facing away from his goal, you have a midfielder having to run back in which means he's facing his own goal and constantly behind the ball

And with that goal as well it can be argued that the guy who morelos drags out is the defender on that side who cuts out tavs cross and takes the space roofe uses to score

So even though morelos isnt even in the box for the goal, the part he played in it is massive

Gerrards interview he was asked about the first goal and he said they had been working on creating a chance like this - but hey that means  fuck all to the anti Morelos brigade  

Archived