Scotland National Team fans

Essandoh

Scotland National Team fans  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Will you celebrate a Lee Griffiths goal?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, the goal machine said:

Want to see Scotland do well but wouldn't really celebrate any goal tbh. Don't care that much.

Pretty much sums up how I feel, I don't care enough about the national team to properly celebrate a goal, regardless of who scores it.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Did they actually though or was that just what they were claiming on here? Most likely the latter.

I never celebrated some of their goals at Ibrox and stood around people who were the same.

I still have my season ticket and i'm still as much a supporter as anyone else despite this.

I don't really have an opinion on Griffiths scoring a goal for Scotland, if he does he does. I'm Scottish but not into international football.

As a fanbase in general we are in danger of becoming the epitomé of what we used to slag the tarriers for, embittered people. My dad and gran used to say to never let anyone call you bitter because we have nothing to be bitter about as Scotland is our home and Scotland is Protestant.

I can understand the reasons for the bitterness but in life you either fight or give up, collectively we seem to have given up.

No Surrender:lol:

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

It’s quite clear. You think he’s a contemptuous wee rat for the reasons mentioned above but would jump around with joy alongside celtic fans singing his name at Hampden if he scored

A tad hypocritical, don’t you think?

That's not what I said. I said I celebrate Scotland scoring, if it happens to be Griffiths then it is what it is, but I'm happy because Scotland are getting a result, not whose name is on the score sheet. I certainly didn't say I would sing his name and I'd still think he's a rodent as a person. 

Also, I watch games with my mates who are almost exclusively bears. 

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

That's not what I said. I said I celebrate Scotland scoring, if it happens to be Griffiths then it is what it is, but I'm happy because Scotland are getting a result, not over whose name is on the score sheet. I certainly didn't say I would sing his name and I'd still think he's a rodent as a person. 

Also, I watch games with my mates who are almost exclusively bears. 

11 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Want to see Scotland do well but wouldn't really celebrate any goal tbh. Don't care that much.

Hardly anybody actually "celebrates" at Ibrox tbh, quick yasss followed by a stand up few claps and sit down.

2 hours ago, Essandoh said:

The fact that he spat in the Ibrox tunnel, wiped his nose with the corner flag, tied a tarrier scarf to our goal, lapped it up with tricolours in the Broomloan, and now mocked a fellow footballer for crying over the death of his sister makes no difference to that?

Na. Sorry. Each to their own. Not for me.

And the forced non-apology for mocking someone actually grieving,  plus accepting the fawning over him in Scotland for overcoming his ‘mental health’ issues when we all know what was actually going on - no from me.  

It’s not because he plays for them, it’s because of what he is. 

My wife noted my complete under reaction at the penalty shoot out.

It was natural.

Pleased they got through but not overwhelmed with emotion.

Now had it been Rangers.....

Sorry for NI ,after a great effort....but they have punched  well above their weight for years.

2 hours ago, Essandoh said:

The fact that he spat in the Ibrox tunnel, wiped his nose with the corner flag, tied a tarrier scarf to our goal, lapped it up with tricolours in the Broomloan, and now mocked a fellow footballer for crying over the death of his sister makes no difference to that?

Na. Sorry. Each to their own. Not for me.

Well, when you put it like that... 

They defo would 

Because they're worstcunts in my eyes.

But they'd be kinda warped & fucked up if they support the Scotland national team, but not celebrate a goal by a tarrier.

That would make even less sense to me than any decent-minded Rangers supporter supporter that Scotland team in the first place.

If you are happy to sit with/in harmony with Tartan Trannies, YES voters, support the SPLF/SFA's team, cheer on the Scottish sporting media's golden club, embrace all the SNP gloating/wanking qualification entails, ignore Rangers players getting boo'd, just forget about our treatment in 2012 & May 2020 and then put fenian rivalry to the side for some sort of pathetic greater good, then I think a Celtic player scoring a goal would be the least of your worries.

Can we cross reference the responses here with those who continue to support England with Declan "up the ra" Rice playing for them?

You can support a team without supporting a player, albeit I can understand it's as difficult as it's ever been for a Scottish Rangers fan to support a Scotland team with 8 or 9 scum fans starting for them, and a manager most of us dislike.

1 hour ago, GabrielTomato said:

I think we got your point @Essandoh

Some people will disagree, for me this topic has been discussed to the point it's boring. 

This all day long, it's getting tragic as fuck and been done to death now.

Some will support their country and some won't, we get it.

Last time I went to see Scotland was the Italia 1990 qualifiers, thoroughly enjoyable no agendas everybody as one experiences, great atmosphere and bizarrely great view no matter where you stood in hampden, a good percentage of the fanbase was made up of bears back then , as soon as these feathered hat kilt wearing wanks appeared the full dimension of supporting your county changed and may be a bit strong but I despise the cunts and it puts me off the team 

Archived