*****The Official Rangers v SL Benfica Thread*****

G.E.C.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The football and watching Rangers these past months have brightened up a shite year mate .Long may it continue.All the way to May 

Couldn't agree more mate, although the closer we get to our rightful place is playing havoc with my emotions, highs and more highs but come May if we do it I'll need a good holiday to sit back and take it in.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jamess said:

I would like to think so, but realistically we don't have the budget and will be also rans. Will he be happy with that?

I don't agree with the also rans bit.  I think we have stepped up a level this year and would have a shot at getting out the groups on our current form.  Absolutely nobody is going to fancy coming to Ibrox and teams like Benfica, Porto, Braga etc. are good enough to play in the CL and we have competed against all of them.  I think we would finish 2nd or 3rd in a group, no shame in finishing 3rd.  Can't imagine us being bottom of the group unless we got an awful draw.  It's a stage where his stock could rise massively and he could really put himself on a stage Liverpool and its fans would pay attention to.

Just now, superallysbears said:

Couldn't agree more mate, although the closer we get to our rightful place is playing havoc with my emotions, highs and more highs but come May if we do it I'll need a good holiday to sit back and take it in.

Me too .Exciting but still crapping myself .For the first time in years ,we have a team ,a squad that looks very capable .We just need to get to that next OF game in this place .I will be one happy bear 

2 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

I don't agree with the also rans bit.  I think we have stepped up a level this year and would have a shot at getting out the groups on our current form.  Absolutely nobody is going to fancy coming to Ibrox and teams like Benfica, Porto, Braga etc. are good enough to play in the CL and we have competed against all of them.  I think we would finish 2nd or 3rd in a group, no shame in finishing 3rd.  Can't imagine us being bottom of the group unless we got an awful draw.  It's a stage where his stock could rise massively and he could really put himself on a stage Liverpool and its fans would pay attention to.

The reason I don't agree is our finances.  We don't have the big money behind us,  so I think we will be selling and tightening our belt after 55.

Archived