Kamara

Colin Traive

Another awesome performance from a complete thoroughbred. His touch was always spot on, he refused to concede possession and even threw in a cute back heel for the goal.

As Arfield and Davis tired, (and with no Jack, Aribo or Zungu to offer fresh legs) Kamara just got better and better.

He doesn’t run, he glides and he’d be perfectly at home playing at the Bernabeu or the Nou Camp.

Fuck knows how much he’s worth now but he is the best midfielder in the country at the moment imo. Hope he’s with us for years.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Colin Traive said:

Another awesome performance from a complete thoroughbred. His touch was always spot on, he refused to concede possession and even threw in a cute back heel for the goal.

As Arfield and Davis tired, (and with no Jack, Aribo or Zungu to offer fresh legs) Kamara just got better and better.

He doesn’t run, he glides and he’d be perfectly at home playing at the Bernabeu or the Nou Camp.

Fuck knows how much he’s worth now but he is the best midfielder in the country at the moment imo. Hope he’s with us for years.

Totally agree. 

I think (without getting carried away) it's bordering on world class, at times, the way he accepts the ball under pressure, opens up his body and calmly finds a Rangers man.

It's like there's some sort of sonar radar inside that wee heed of his. 

I used to feel that even though he was talented, he sometimes slowed our play down domestically at least, but he's a lot sharper and keeps the ball moving and all the momentum in our play.

Get him tied down on a new contract (if we can persuade him to stay).

Great performance again, was the best midfielder on the park.

Would love to get him on a new deal as at his age and developing under Gerrard he has the potential to get even better, similar with Aribo.

Unfortunately if he doesn’t sign a new deal soon we need to sell him as we don’t want to be like Dundee and make a financial fuck up with such an asset.

I suspect he may be off potentially along with 2 or 3 others if stupidly big offers come in, especially if they continue to play well in Europe/international games.

I just hope that no significant departures happen until the summer after we have 55 wrapped up.

If say Kamara, Barasic and Morelos all left we would have potentially £50M+ at least some of which would go towards team improvements/replacements. As much as it hurts to admit it that's going to be a big part of the business model moving forwards - buy cheap, develop, sell high.

3 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

If we had 2 of those 3 players on the bench I don't think we would of drawn the game as Gerrard would of been able to make some subs in midfield to cover the tired legs.

On Kamara, I think he has shown this season a level of consistency to his game that has been missing in previous seasons. He has had one off great games, but in others looked liked he wasn't interested. This season every game is a great game.

Just now, maverick1200 said:

If we had 2 of those 3 players on the bench I don't think we would of drawn the game as Gerrard would of been able to make some subs in midfield to cover the tired legs.

On Kamara, I think he has shown this season a level of consistency to his game that has been missing in previous seasons. He has had one off great games, but in others looked liked he wasn't interested. This season every game is a great game.

Spot on. Any one of them would have come on to do a shift. Benfica were doing to us what we do to SPFL teams, move them all over the place and wear them down.

Hagi was the only realistic footballing option but he’s more of a forward than a holding midfielder. Really missed Jack big time.

I would say Kamara is arguably the coaching teams greatest achievement. He is quite possibly one of the best coached players I have actually seen while supporting us. 

For all that the work of Smith was admirable he very often bought out the box good to go players who rarely took massive steps. 

Kamara is at Jonathon Johansson levels of visibly a measurably better football player than he was upon arrival, he was a cheap buy because of circumstance but he has actually went from a Dundee player to a player we could look for close to 10 million for. 

It's gait and body position with him all the time, it's the old giant keeping a midget at arms length with his hand trick when he has the ball, he will just about let you get near it but not quite - fucking class. 

Paid 50K for him, got him on a lengthy contract and the lad's only 25. Still a few more years before we see his absolute best and the potential to make a fortune from him. Best singular piece of business we've done in a long, long time.

1 hour ago, maverick1200 said:

He's added a lot more physicality and focus as well. 

In previous seasons he'd be out-muscled often and occasionally made poor passes/decisions when he switched off. Both aspects of his play have improved dramatically this season.

Archived