Nine Dundee Utd Players in Self Isolation

BearInTheToon

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m just thinking and a bit confused 

could this not work against us? If Dundee United haven’t broken any rules, does the game not just get postponed meaning Celtic can play their game and claw points back? 

also there’s an appeals process if we get awarded 3-0 and they win their appeal then we’ve the same issue as above 

18 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

No chance get a strong team out and rattle in as many goals as possible. Let’s put the tinks out of sight both points and goal difference 

we are 17 goals ahead atm, and aye id love us to absolutely hammer them, I'm currently more concerned about the league cup quarters. With them out, as well as Aberdeen, its our genuine best opportunity to win our first major trophy so I'd rather field a full strength side against St Mirren just now. 

3 minutes ago, stevemac said:

we are 17 goals ahead atm, and aye id love us to absolutely hammer them, I'm currently more concerned about the league cup quarters. With them out, as well as Aberdeen, its our genuine best opportunity to win our first major trophy so I'd rather field a full strength side against St Mirren just now. 

3 points against Dundee Hibs >>>>>>>>>>>> progressing in the cup. Every day of the week for me. 

Expect both though. 

1 minute ago, stevemac said:

I don’t know if the 3-0 awards would apply here but if it does, who’s to say tannadice wouldn’t be the game we drop points in? Has to happen at some point 

imagine that was destined to be the game and we’ve bypassed that 

I’d defo prefer the sure thing and one less game out the road too 

They seem to be playing Livi this weekend so I assume they will also play our game unless they have more players testing positive before then.

This Covid is something that could fuck us up at any time, we just have to hope it is only one or two who test positive at any time and cross everything that it stays like that. 🤞🤞

4 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I don’t know if the 3-0 awards would apply here but if it does, who’s to say tannadice wouldn’t be the game we drop points in? Has to happen at some point 

imagine that was destined to be the game and we’ve bypassed that 

I’d defo prefer the sure thing and one less game out the road too 

Unless they have broken rules the game will be postponed. So I'd rather just play it. 

They are playing tomorrow so unless things take a turn this week the game should be on 

1 hour ago, stevemac said:

surely if they are 9 key players down we could also play a "weakened" team therefore concentrating heavily on Poznan? if we better the result Benfica get we go top (afaik) 

rest the likes of morelos, tav, barasic, davis, kamara, kent etc. bring in guys like bassey, itten, defoe, barker/jones etc. and we should still put a weakend dundee hibs team to the sword quite comfortably. 

As long as we win we are top. It's judged on head to head and we have more away goals against Benfica.

20 minutes ago, stevemac said:

We can play a strong team against both but fuck leaving Tav Barasic Kent Morelos Kamara all out at the same time in any league match, start doing shite like that then it will bite us on the arse. 

5 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

We can play a strong team against both but fuck leaving Tav Barasic Kent Morelos Kamara all out at the same time in any league match, start doing shite like that then it will bite us on the arse. 

Yep we can't be messing about in the league games, even against weakened teams. 

Start strong and if we've got a healthy lead, use the 5 subs to effect to give players more rest if needed. 

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

This highlights the injustice for Killie and St Mirren. Now that clubs know about the match forfeit Dundee Utd can make a decision if to play a weakened team or forfeit. The other 2 didn't get that option. 

the other 2 broke covid rules  thats why the games were awarded against them  eg  st mirren players were car sharing that is not allowed and every club has been told that

1 hour ago, stevemac said:

surely if they are 9 key players down we could also play a "weakened" team therefore concentrating heavily on Poznan? if we better the result Benfica get we go top (afaik) 

rest the likes of morelos, tav, barasic, davis, kamara, kent etc. bring in guys like bassey, itten, defoe, barker/jones etc. and we should still put a weakend dundee hibs team to the sword quite comfortably. 

We only need to match their result. Obviously a win guarantees top spot but we could draw or even lose and still finish top. 

21 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

If Und can play this weekend then no reason why the match against us cannot go ahead.

9 out says nothing until you know who the the 9 are.

Agreed but I think should they pick up injuries or suspensions then it might be difficult to fulfill the fixture against us 

if they’ve broke no rules and a 3-0 out of the question then we’re without doubt better playing it than a postponement 

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

I'd rather we played the match and won the three points fair and square but if we are given the three points then fair enough..... I'll take them.

Agreed - which is really insignificant when compared to the taigs getting awarded 8 games and a title - and we had 9 games cancelled.

Archived