***St Mirren vs Rangers***

Clemdog

said it at half time

team set up wrong

yeah our players might get a result with their quality whoever the opposition

but add in a one off game away from home against a bunch of taigs who are playing their biggest ever game

we should have set up better 

it was a disaster from start to finish

players play but a manager picks a team

we did not play as a team tonight 

a team has players in a set roll working to carry out whatever tactics are coached

we had none of that

nevermind some poor performances from players

a team coached and playing in their rolls can get away with a few players being off if!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Socrates. said:

That's probably fair actually.

Fir me the issue was starting Bassey, that is what has cost us the end.

I posted the same mate. 

The big decision was to start him, it didn't go well. 

Next big decision was to hook him at half time, let him stay on and we conceed again. 

The young lad had a very poor first half, then was allowed to make it worse at the start of the second.

Needed his team mates to dig him out it was nearly but not our night. 

Said for a while I dont really trust Balogun, heads a lot of stuff back into the danger area centrally, having him and Bassey on that side weakens us too.much..

Sicker. Shite days on the way till we beat well* at the weekend. .

4 minutes ago, Swagger said:

There’s a fucking trophy within grasp - you play the strongest team. St Mirren were on a good run of form, it’s an away cup game and we need silverware- you don’t fuck about.  

I'm sure pre-match hardly anyone was protesting about the team when it was announced. Should have had more than enough to blow away fucking St Mirren. No-one saw that pish performance being offered up.

3 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

No it's not acceptable but your saying it's ok if we were allowed in to lambast the players after their first defeat of the season, we got caught out tonight probably thinking we would stroll it , I blame SG for that.

Yes players should get called out for every shitty performace. 

Tav as the biggest example, many (myself included) couldn't see him as a successful captain, but thus far this season he has fucked me right over.

Any 11 player we put on the pitch tonight, with thte right attitude and performance would have won the game. SG made the changes some of the players didnt turn up.

Just now, GaryMc said:

Their wingers pinned our full backs back and it highlighted again how poor our creativity from midfield to front actually is.

If our full backs can't get forward our whole system and team falls apart.

Creativity is shite when Zungu is in there. Should be relegated to the reserves until we are really struggling. Poor signing so far.

Aribo has transformed from a bright shining light to a wet paper towel with that injury. Really shite now and needs pulled to find form.

Arfield struggled with our midfield and theirs.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

Maybe the management are prioritising the league over this period?

Potentially 3 games away from our first trophy in years and the management are prioritising the league you think ? 
Our main challengers out of the tournament and we have blown it. 
That loss tonight is massive 

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Gerrard taking full responsibility for the defeat in a statement. The team now need to pick themselves up and not let it effect the rest of the season.

So he should. Players should take responsibility for themselves in the dressing room. Some really let themselves down tonight.

1 minute ago, Swagger said:

Potentially 3 games away from our first trophy in years and the management are prioritising the league you think ? 
Our main challengers out of the tournament and we have blown it. 
That loss tonight is massive 

I guess you haven’t read my previous posts? I’m just offering a counter view to that one post.

1 minute ago, OceanRain said:

Going to wait and see how the Scottish Cup, the knockout stages of the Europa, and the thirteen point lead in the league pan out before I start calling for the manager's head, to be honest.

Calling for the managers head? Fucking hell, even posting such an idea is ludicrous.

Absolutely pathetic performance tonight. Fucked a great chance to win silverware. 

Felt like every frailty from last year rolled into one tonight. Didn’t ever look like winning and conceding right after an equaliser is sickening. I think too many in this sqaud thought it was just turn up and win. We simply can't do that no matter who it is in Scotland you have battle for the right to win. 

Now we see what the players are made of. We've had our first major setback. We have to bounce back st the weekend and beat motherwell convincingly. 

2 minutes ago, Amato said:

I'm sure pre-match hardly anyone was protesting about the team when it was announced. Should have had more than enough to blow away fucking St Mirren. No-one saw that pish performance being offered up.

I didn't like the team selection at all when I saw it mate.  Too many changes  for me from our usual team.  I said at the time we are treating this like the Falkirk tie.   I didn't think the balance was there.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Creativity is shite when Zungu is in there. Should be relegated to the reserves until we are really struggling. Poor signing so far.

Aribo has transformed from a bright shining light to a wet paper towel with that injury. Really shite now and needs pulled to find form.

Arfield struggled with our midfield and theirs.

Tonight wasn't a game to rest key players like Davis and Kamara. Especially how well they've been playing alongside Arfield recently. Kamara in there allows the left back to get up the pitch and I don't think Bassey got out his own half once but he shouldn't have started anyway.

Our club are boasting that Kamara, Barisic etc are worth X amounts of money yet they don't start in the biggest game of the season to date.

Mental.

1 minute ago, mclovin9091 said:

Yes players should get called out for every shitty performace. 

Tav as the biggest example, many (myself included) couldn't see him as a successful captain, but thus far this season he has fucked me right over.

Any 11 player we put on the pitch tonight, with thte right attitude and performance would have won the game. SG made the changes some of the players didnt turn up.

SG didn't play his strongest team because he didn't think we needed to, our biggest chance of silverware and he put out a weakened team, he threw our stronger players on too late and it was working until Kamara fucked it.

Truly awful performance all over the pitch. Cannot find a single good word about any of that from my team tonight.

if you don't take your chances (we did not have lots but we had a few) and defend so poorly from front to back that's what can happen. The goals we lost were very poor and you don't often win football matches if you concede 3. First goal Ryan Kent gives the ball away just outside our box and Bassey gets caught out. Third goal Kamara gives the ball away also just outside our box and it leads to the corner and the subsequent poor defending. Second goal poor defending from Bassey and the centre-backs. Losing the ball in your own half can be fatal and is something good teams don't do. We managed it twice tonight.

Does not give you a warm cosy feeling that this team have the drive to succeed and once again when a game is going against us the manager does not look competent to change it. He looked like a rabbit in the headlights in the second half and his many changes looked more like panic than planning. On the odd occasion try something different please Steven. For example he could have switched Tavernier into midfield and moved one of the ineffectual midfielders to right back, probably Aribo, to see if he could drive us forward from the middle. He was having no joy from right back. 

Very disappointed.

Archived