***St Mirren vs Rangers***

Clemdog

2 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

Fair enough mate. 
I know we have rotated a lot this year. I just don’t think this was the game to do it. Massive chance of a trophy and we should have had our strongest team out. 

I agree but how can gerrard think these guy were gonna let him down we have been faultless all year. Itten was shit. We missed alfie. His game gives us more than goals recently. We had a few passengers tonight. As i Said earlier next game in the league will tell us all we need to know. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, steven33jackie said:

When you stand back and look at it, his starting 11 was criminal. Of all the teams left in the competition we were by far run away favourites. So let's start with, Bassey, Zungu and Itten of neither of them has set foot in Paisley. Let's leave, Davis, Kamara and Defoe on the bench in favour of a midfield three who have never played together. Even when you have 15 minutes at halftime to make changes, nah let's not bother l, let's wait until Bassey gets done again and then bring on Barasic.

Every time he gets caught out you think let's learn from this but I think the lesson is getting lost. 

They targeted Bassey from the start as the weak link.

Winning that shitey cup would mean fuck all to me but make no mistake our team needed that cup to finally convince themselves that they have the bottle to be playing for a team that wins cups and titles 

I hope it doesn’t come back to haunt us but for me that was much worse than losing tonight or who the opposition was 

my first impression was that was fucking embarrassing but now it’s got me worried about the rest of the season, and no doubt the players will be thinking the same way, instead of a morale boosting league cup it’s been replaced with negative thoughts and self doubt

4 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Pish, we lost 3 cups over a 21 day period of playing every 3 days. This was 3 games over a couple of months.

You don't start with a winning the league during a treble ffs.

With a far stronger squad.

People are expecting this current squad to continue far excelling what’s expected and that’s fairytale pish, the loss at some point was always coming, rather it was this pish than a league game. 

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Bassey wasn't ready for a game like this. St Mirren are an aggressive side and he was out of his depth. I feel for the lad. St Mirren were also very lucky with the ref decisions I hope the CO reviews some of them.

Beginning to think Bassey isn't ready at all for a trophy winning team. Miles out of his depth.

1 minute ago, steven33jackie said:

When you stand back and look at it, his starting 11 was criminal. Of all the teams left in the competition we were by far run away favourites. So let's start with, Bassey, Zungu and Itten of neither of them has set foot in Paisley. Let's leave, Davis, Kamara and Defoe on the bench in favour of a midfield three who have never played together. Even when you have 15 minutes at halftime to make changes, nah let's not bother l, let's wait until Bassey gets done again and then bring on Barasic.

Every time he gets caught out you think let's learn from this but I think the lesson is getting lost. 

Can’t argue with that.  The time to rotate is when you are 2 or 3 up and the game is done.

1 minute ago, steven33jackie said:

We made bigger changes at a higher level in Europe and came through it comfortably 

Rotation has worked up till now so I wouldn’t particularly blame Gerrard for that but some of the subs should have been made sooner

1 minute ago, Dickie1963 said:

Too many on here are conditioned to defeat and no trophies.

Speaking personally I am absolutely gutted.

A clusterf@ck performance and bottled a chance of silverware.

I didnt seemuch winning mentality there. Got back into it then blew it. 

Ur not the only one mate 👍

Felt like we scored the first and were surprised that St. Mirren had the audacity to attempt to get back into it. 

Our defence has been getting all the praise but to lose 3 goals to that mob is absolutely shocking. 

Players and manager need a long hard look at themselves after that. The media will have a field day with this, clear run and still can't win a trophy. 

If we get the league all will be forgotten but it can't be like tonight again. It's felt like ever since Standard showed how to play against us we've struggled. Getting through games on moments of magic. 

Gerrard and Beale need to rethink a little because we can't play the same way all season and hope it's enough. celtic will spend in January and we need to start blowing some teams away again to reassert ourselves. Starting with Motherwell. 

Also think we missed Alfie. The space he creates for others was missed massively tonight. 

1 minute ago, Tomatasauce said:

Winning that shitey cup would mean fuck all to me but make no mistake our team needed that cup to finally convince themselves that they have the bottle to be playing for a team that wins cups and titles 

I hope it doesn’t come back to haunt us but for me that was much worse than losing tonight or who the opposition was 

my first impression was that was fucking embarrassing but now it’s got me worried about the rest of the season, and no doubt the players will be thinking the same way, instead of a morale boosting league cup it’s been replaced with and negative thoughts and self doubt

Maybe just me but progression in Europe would be a far better marker for my aspirations as a player than the betfred cup.

This is the true test now of the character and bottle in the team. Totally avoidable tonight, sloppy play and not winning the 2nd ball. St Mirren wanted it more and it showed in two of their goals.

This is our most pivotal moment now. We cannot take our eye of the prize and it’s up to the team to make amends. 

Shock result indeed, but it was coming !!!! we certainly lost the best chance so far to bring silver ware back to the club.

Fuck knows what went wrong out there- our manager & players have done us so proud in the league and in Europe - but tonight wasn't our night at all. 

Hopefully that will be that - no more fuck ups and the quicker we get over this disappointment the better - and move on.

Just now, esquire8 said:

And they were right to. Boy absolutely shat it. 

He's young and may well become a top player as he's got lots of positive attributes but he was hung out to dry tonight. Should have been hooked at half time.

6 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

The only thing that makes me feel confident for the league is that we definitely wont play this first 11 in the league.  Maybe this will slap any wrongly remaining complacency out of us.

Problem is there were first picks out there tonight who were fucking woeful.

Archived