***St Mirren vs Rangers***

Clemdog

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Barisic aside that pretty much was our strongest team.  Before the game almost everyone said it was a strong side and a sign Rangers were taking the competition seriously.  McGregor, Goldson, Balogun, Tavernier, Kamara, Aribo, Arfield, Roofe, Kent, etc.  These are regular starters for Rangers.  You think playing these regular starters is a sign the competition is not being taken seriously?  Strange.

Where did I say they weren’t taking it seriously ? I’m saying you play your strongest team. Bassey was all over the place - you saw that the fact he was just about to be subbed before they scored. 
Gerrards selection cost us there simple as that. 

4 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Spot on, first half they sat off us it was a stroll

2 nd half they pressed us and we didn’t have a clue

you wonder if more teams do that especially at home would it be the same as tonight.

the worst thing is we play them in a couple of weeks☹️

Can only hope we win convincingly Saturday but nobody would be surprised if this is the start of it and they cunts be coming to ibrox to draw level (counting their games in hand as wins) 

1 minute ago, BlueboyG said:

SG didn't play his strongest team because he didn't think we needed to, our biggest chance of silverware and he put out a weakened team, he threw our stronger players on too late and it was working until Kamara fucked it.

Confused if he actually wants to win shiny things at this club.

Treated the competition with sheer contempt.

1 minute ago, BlueboyG said:

SG didn't play his strongest team because he didn't think we needed to, our biggest chance of silverware and he put out a weakened team, he threw our stronger players on too late and it was working until Kamara fucked it.

We shouldn't have needed to put out our best team to beat St. Mirren. The team that was put out should have beaten them with out any issues. Problem was they didn't.

Just now, esquire8 said:

So he should. Players should take responsibility for themselves in the dressing room. Some really let themselves down tonight.

For me his big mistake was choosing Bassey when he wasn't ready. Bassey was targeted as the weak link to break down Rangers. Once that happened it broke up playing as a unit and all focus went.

I'm glad Gerrard has taken full responsibility as the team need to regroup and focus on the rest of the season quickly. What's done, is done.

3 minutes ago, Teamgers said:

Their second and third goals were fucking abysmal, took me back to last season when we returned from the winter break and fucking collapsed.

Mcgregor was really unlucky at the third had the speed of thought to swing a leg after he had saved it but just missed connecting with the ball. Kent is ball watching and doesn't track the boy at the back post. 

2 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Where did I say they weren’t taking it seriously ? I’m saying you play your strongest team. Bassey was all over the place - you saw that the fact he was just about to be subbed before they scored. 
Gerrards selection cost us there simple as that. 

You said in games like tonight 'you don't fuck about' or that team selection "cost us".  I've already pointed out to you that most of our team are first-team regulars.  It was viewed as a very strong team prior to the match.  It should be more than enough to beat the likes of St.Mirren.

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard says he knew his side "wouldn't win every game".

"At times you're going to get a bump on the road," says Gerrard.

"But the disappointing thing is we've missed a wonderful opportunity and we can't get that back.

"We've got two choices now. We let it fester, linger and feel sorry for ourselves, or we accept the criticism that's going to come our way.

"My job's to pick this group up now. We haven't felt this for a long time, so it's important we react in the right way."

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

No issues with the ref. Full blame on the squad and management. 

He booked Kent for diving when he was fouled - he gave a foul when it looked like a penalty. There were numerous other incidents that I could bore you with, but yes ultimately the blame is with us.

We obviously fucked ourselves tonight... but a word on that stand in ref (not sure if mentioned in the previous 80 pages). Seemed to want his 15 mins of fame as he usually does League One/League Two games... eyeing a promotion.   

22 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Why? That’s just another tournament we aren’t going to win, it’s a winning mentality this team need, we have talent that’s been proven without doubt but do we have the fucking minerals? that’s what I’m worrying about, if that was a benfica tonight I’d be disappointed but I wouldn’t be angry 

It’s one game, Europe is a true test of a player that plays for Rangers 

That was dreadful tonight and we were totally complacent and sloppy.

I said pre match it was a big night for Bassey, Zungu and Itten and they didn't show much and to be fair to them they weren't the only ones. Goldson was the only one with pass marks for me.

A lot of people don't care about the League Cup but personally I do. We're fucking Rangers and we should be trying to win every domestic competition we enter and if celtic are eliminated then we should be winning it.

Every Rangers manager in the last 50 years won a cup before they won a league (I include Walter in that too). Winning breeds winning, trophies give confidence and know-how to win more and this was a huge chance and we fucked it.

I'm totally scunnered but I'm trying to see the silver linings here. First loss in 26 games and it was a cup match were the chances of a shock result are higher. If we go 26 unbeaten again we'll be alright. 13 points ahead in the league and by Saturday night it could be 16 and we've not had too many bad performances never mind bad results this season so is it a one off? Time will tell.

For me let's get back to a settled back 5 of McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Helander and Barisic. It's undeniably our best defensive line up. Let's start winning by getting clean sheets and games like tonight wont happen!

Just now, BlueThunder said:

He booked Kent for diving when he was fouled - he gave a foul when it looked like a penalty. There were numerous other incidents that I could bore you with, but yes ultimately the blame is with us.

Kent over reacted to that "challenge". The foul was just on the line so aye penalty. Plenty of incidents, doesn't matter. We were shite, deserved to lose, all on us.

1 minute ago, M-89 said:

We obviously fucked ourselves tonight... but a word on that stand in ref (not sure if mentioned in the previous 80 pages). Seemed to want his 15 mins of fame as he usually does League One/League Two games... eyeing a promotion.   

He was taking the cunt big time. 

Archived