Bottlers

GOAT

2 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

It's annoying. But really the league is the games that really matter above all else. 

Any top flight trophy matters especially when we haven't won one in a near decade. 

This cup was the catalyst to get winning back into our team.. Medals a champions mentality and we shit the bed to one of the worst teams in the league. 

It's no coincidence it's came at the arse end of December either. 

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Howsitgoing said:

One thing about this place, it is good for venting off steam. Not the best of games but as long as they don’t continue that performance onto the next game we will be fine. 

Far too level-headed for this place

20 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Wonder if the players are believing their own hype . 

Switched off after going a goal up thinking job done . The only time they showed urgency was the last 15 minutes . If they'd shown that same desire for the full 90 we wouldn't have lost . Billy Big baws attitude.  

I think there's something in that. It can happen to a good team, but it felt like some of our players who are not first choice picks at the moment, bought into their own hype when they haven't quite earned it. 

We didn't earn the victory tonight. For a brief moment I thought that we were seeing another sign of a team of potential champions when we equalised. To throw it away poses some serious questions.

5 minutes ago, Malkster said:

Great Rangers teams of the past were beaten on occasion, this is not the end of the world or even the season

I’m willing to bet great Rangers teams ended cellics cup dominance no Hibs or St Johnstone. It was time for us to make a mark and take a trophy. Truth is we absolutely bottled it

See the Uber  staunch crew that think tonights result isn’t an embarrassment and talk about the bigger picture and perspective, I’ve heard all that shite for the past 3 seasons now.

They’re bottlers and until the can get a trophy in that cabinet it’ll always hang over them. 

We're all hurting but I'm going to hold back on the 'bottlers' claim until we see the reaction on Saturday. If we win and take a 16 point lead then I think we'd all agree it's a good position.

We all want trophies, but if slip ups are going to happen, I'd rather they were in the cups rather than the league.

Saturday is now a huge game.

Still find it hilarious people are willing to dismiss defeats in cups, like they were willing to get papped out the europa league early, in order to "focus on winning the league". 

Absolute pish. You don't build a winning mentality by getting knocked out of competitions. 

It’s more than understandable for people to think here we go again after the last two seasons. Rugby Park in January 2019, Tynecastle in January 2020 were two bad defeats that we had room to bounce back from and still win things but pretty much everything imploded. 

It can be different this time but the next games are even more massive than they were already, I really don’t think we can afford to drop points before the 2nd and give them any dent in our lead 

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I absolutely did not expect us to go unbeaten all season, but I expect us to coast cup quarter finals against garbage, bottom of the table teams and when we don't, after blowing teams away this year, the only thing I can point to is the players have bottled it. 

Or maybe St Mirren played well tonight? 

What could go wrong did, but they all, to a man put in a performance. Unlike us. It happens in football. 

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

I dont know how anyone can really argue the case that we're not bottlers with a straight face after the past 3 years. We're absolute fucking bottle merchants and its utterly heartbreaking.

Because we are a far better team than we were three years ago and we have been on an upward trajectory since then. 

17 minutes ago, M-89 said:

You reckon he shouldn't be negative after that? 

Amazing the same posters were slagging off the taigs for their ott reactions and sense of entitlement last week react to our first defeat in exactly the same way. It was poor from us but ‘bottlers’, gives peace.

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

Or, the team get a reality check from this result, learn the performance levels can’t drop, and go on another outstanding run.  You’re choosing to look at this result and say ‘it’ll have a negative effect on everything else’.  There’s no evidence to suggest that will be the case.  We’ve done brilliantly in Europe, We’re 13 ahead in the league, we’re flying this season.  One bad game doesn’t undo all the good work that’s been done up until this point.  That’s nonsense. 

The last 2 seasons have already shown us how this team reacts to negative results and pressure and I obviously hope they prove me wrong however you can't hide from the fact that this was an unavailable chance at silverware in the best part of a decade and its been thrown away against a team we should be beating comfortably.

15 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

ITS the CONTEXT of the defeat why is that so hard to fucking understand. 99% of this forum knew we’d get beat this season at some point. It’s the fact that yet again it’s came at the first hint of success in a cup cellic weren’t in. That’s the problem you know it. Pathetic you’re trying to just airbrush that

So whats the difference in reaction if we'd lost on Sunday, or this Saturday? Would it be league bottlers instead of general bottlers? 

Its a fucking pendulum of extremes on here, and tonight proves it. Its a terrible performance and defeat, but thats what it is. Its cost us a semi final but could have been 3 points.

My argument is given the season we've been having, there's no proof its bottling it rather than just a shite 90 mins. Time will tell. But rather than wait thuse that are all in or all out have gone from smoking cigars to smashing their tvs ffs.

We lost. 

Would rather we lost in this cup than any other trophy.

We'll find out what we're made of in the next game and whether this acts as a catalyst and reality check that were not invincible and we need to be 100% each and every game.

No need for a breakdown and shitting our pants, leave that to the fenians.

Archived