Bottlers

GOAT

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

It's called not being able to focus. It's not having the mentality to see it through. Do you think any of Walter's teams do that? How many times did we see those teams claw their way back in difficult away cup ties? Fucking hell they made an artform of it.

I sometimes wonder how old posters are or if they've forgotten what title-winning sides actually look like. Rangers teams that win the league win the League Cup. They get excited by winning. They get through difficult games like that. They don't lose goals straight after scoring one in the last minute.

Did we "bottle" it when we went behind against liege  ...twice?

Or 2 nil down against Braga last season. 

I remember Walter's teams getting pumped 3 times in one week at Ibrox from them, Falkirk FFS then AEK. Pumped out 2 cups in 7 days.

Were his teams bottlers too?

I fully understand how massive tonight was and how it could affect our season. 

But it won't. Previous 27 games this season tell me that.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I said SG would get another 1/2 seasons if he failed this season .And he will get that .I can’t imagine what our fan base would be like if we fucked this up from here .

If he doesn’t win the league this season he should be shown the door.

6 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

Ffs man, calm down 😂😂

We’ll know a lot more a month from now but that was a huge step back tonight and I don’t blame anyone for thinking that way. 

See if we’d battered them and lost to a freak result I’d get it. But we didn’t even look like creating anything and as soon as we equalised, shat it again.

Some people need to get a fucking grip.

We ripped the piss out of the scum imploding and many are now following suit.

It was an abject performance that came at the worst time as far as a knock out tournament is concerned but would I prefer losing this or the game at the weekend against Motherwell?

Only concern is whether the players can bounce back straight away and hit Motherwell hard, saw last year that losing in the final derailed the season, so let’s hope they’ve learned but FFS keep the head lads.

1 minute ago, RS4_wul said:

It's called football. 

100%

We played pretty well for 40mins, defensively and offensively. They got a soft pen and we played against 12 men for most of the game, following the ref switch.

Tonight was was that classic winter's mid-week SPL challenge - a hard working underdog at home on a tight pitch, getting one sniff, then giving no space or respect against a higher ranked team. Strange things happen on cup nights like tonight - they have for decades. Indeed that's football.

What's important is the league title not the league cup. Most have said that before, but then jump in to shout out in anger.

Let's hope that the team learn from this and respond with a bit more bottle than some of the responses seen on this post...

WATP!

#55!

Few drama queens cutting about in terms of how this effects the league. Everyone’s gutted about losing another trophy, but the league points stay the same. 

This is a test, one we knew we would have to overcome eventually. We weren’t going to win every game. 

Over the course of the next 8-10 games we will find out all we need to know - whether we like it or not. 

1 minute ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Few drama queens cutting about in terms of how this effects the league. Everyone’s gutted about losing another trophy, but the league points stay the same. 

This is a test, one we knew we would have to overcome eventually. We weren’t going to win every game. 

Over the course of the next 8-10 games we will find out all we need to know - whether we like it or not. 

that kind of pragmatism is out of order in here

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

It’s a massive lift for those bastards as well. They know there’s mistakes still in us and we’re not invincible in this league. 

Tonight was a huge result and one that’ll probably turn the season on its head

bet yer on SSB tomorrow night saying the very same

7 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

Did we "bottle" it when we went behind against liege  ...twice?

Or 2 nil down against Braga last season. 

I remember Walter's teams getting pumped 3 times in one week at Ibrox from them, Falkirk FFS then AEK. Pumped out 2 cups in 7 days.

Were his teams bottlers too?

I fully understand how massive tonight was and how it could affect our season. 

But it won't. Previous 27 games this season tell me that.

Considering smith had just won 5 out of the six trophies the two seasons before Falkirk, your argument for them being bottlers is ridiculous.  Oh and had just won six in a row aswell...

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It’s a massive lift for those bastards as well. They know there’s mistakes still in us and we’re not invincible in this league. 

The most infuriating thing is we've fucked that and on the other side of this city, they're going to win a quadruple treble at the weekend. 

A shocking state of affairs and a run that we could have ended last year, had we not bottled that anawl. 

And for the record, after that game I remember reading equally positive (head in the sand) posts from folk on here about how it was fine because we'd win the league.

Was expecting a dodgy performance at some point over the xmas/new year spell, lots of games close together in shite conditions. Just didn’t think it was tonight, sickening. Been buzzing this this week finish up on Friday for 3 weeks, back to earth with a thud! 

It's been a while since I've seen us pass side to side and back the way as much, I think we switched off after scoring early and couldn't switch it back on and losing a late goal like that was a sore one. To be fair it was St Mirrens cup final tonight and their players put in some shift. Let's hope we buck our ideas up and recover quickly. It's fair to say we don't have cover for Barasic though. 

54 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Any cunt who thinks the league over is a deluded tool.

This could be a huge swing in the season.

To be fair, anyone who thought the league was over before tonight is a tool. It's far too early and not that big a gap. People getting carried away by the media noise. One game at a time.

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Fuckin calm down a get the devastation btw feeling that way myself but its a massive fortnight of football ahead we find ourselves in a fantastic position still. 

Saturday Wednesday and next Saturday is huge tho

Seriously how often have we said the same shit season after season, Last season Hearts season before that Aberdeen and now we've been papped out by ST MIRREN, How many times are we going to fail in winning silverware for people to stop accepting it, Getting papped out of cups especially one that has most of the big teams out brushing it off like its no a big deal, Your also forgetting the positive impact that cup could have been for maintaining league form giving them a taste for the end of the season.

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

This team does well in Europe because they're underdogs. Any success they get in Europe is a bonus and they know it - we're playing teams with bigger budgets half the time. It's why they can match Benfica and lose to St. Mirren - they're liberated from the expectations they face domestically.

Yep, that week was woeful. But that team then strolled it to the league and were proven winners. This team hasn't won anything. Gerrard is 0/7 for trophies. They've fucked the League Cup at the first opportunity after celtic got knocked out. It's not comparable at all.

What about the multiple times Walter's teams got humped off utter shite in Europe? Bottlers?

So we were underdogs against Falkirk.......at Ibrox? 

I'm saying it happens in football sometimes. 

I also fully get that Gerrard is 0/7

That is brutal, but wait till May next year before you or any other poster calls our side bottlers.

Archived