Bottlers

GOAT

A wee reality check, that's all that was.

Large sections of our support were getting far too carried away. Talk of going undefeated all season, comparisons with the Manchester '08 side and ludicrous talk of us winning the Europa League. 

We've won nothing yet. We still could win nothing this season if we take games like tonight for granted.

Our run was going to come to an end eventually, personally I'm glad it happened in a cup game rather than the league and hopefully we get it out of our system and bounce back at the weekend now. I know some will disagree with that because we're out of the cup now but personally I couldn't care less about the treble or even the double for that matter. If we finish the season with the league title and nothing else I'll be delighted.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, STRUTH82 said:

It still remains outwith our first 12 or 13 players, the others are just not up to it.

The concern is this injects all the doubt into the squads mind regarding a full on arse collapse after Christmas

After? Tonight was a full on are collapse in itself.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Kamara.

Kent at their 1st, along with naive Bassey.

Bassey poor at their 2nd too.

Too many individual mistakes, and too many below par performances.

we were in total control of the game without our forwards contributing much they were hardly up the park the 1st half then bassey gives away a stupid pen and they get a lift  the game should have been over in the first 40 mins but we are not getting enough from our forward players

Some RM posters are like Jonesy off Dad’s Army, FFS calm down.  We have been excellent all season in all competitions but you won’t win every game. St Mirren played their game tonight and deserved the win because we had an off night...shit happens.  Bad enough hearing the shit Craigan comes out with without our own fans joining in after one defeat.

It's all one being to shake of this result and say it's all about the league, but games like this define you as a team. Being of an age that watched everyseason of nine in a row and a team that one trebles. Those teams don't get on level terms with seconds to go and still get beat, they take it to extra time or penalties but either way they win. Gerrard has big questions to answer tonight in particular why would he start with a midfield who have never played a competitive game together.

Should have started our strongest 11 tonight. Bassey was beat for pace for their first two goals. No way would Borna have been beaten for pace like that.

The team were crap but SG underestimated st mirren with that team selection. Hope he learns from that and the players earn how to defend until the vey last second. Something the have failed to do a few times this season.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It’s called hurting mate .words and thoughts .These guys care 

Maybe some shouldn’t be hypocrites and greet about it .As they are doing the same thing .Just in a different way 

Tomorrow is different day .We go again but this is gutting

It's annoying. But really the league is the games that really matter above all else. 

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

How was there no pressure on us tonight? We were favourites for the whole competition and we’ve dropped out with a whimper. 

Less pressure because it’s a League Cup game against St.Mirren.  Maybe the players got complacent because of the opposition, or don’t see this competition as a priority.  There are explanations beyond ‘they’ve bottled it’.  

1 minute ago, simplythebestest said:

After? Tonight was a full on are collapse in itself.

I think the next two league games will tell us what mental effect this has on the players, just wish we could have a full ibrox this Saturday 

11 minutes ago, STRUTH82 said:

It still remains outwith our first 12 or 13 players, the others are just not up to it.

The concern is this injects all the doubt into the squads mind regarding a full on arse collapse after Christmas. 

That is utter bollox....the squad has been getting continually rotated at home and abroad....that was the biggest compliment we could recieve....we were making 5/6 changes and it didn't make a slight bit of difference....all of a sudden we lose a game and the rest of the squad are shite....it was a bad performance played in terrible conditions....yes we had more than enough to beat St Mirren....it seems as "you are only as good as your last game" is the logic most adhere to in here

PS why is it when we don't win a game the first negative thread always produces loads of low post count posters telling us how shite we are:confused:

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Did you expect us to win every game til the end of the season? Cos if you did, you're a mug. If you didn't then it should have been because we're entitled to fuck all and we need to play well, have minimal mistakes, and good work ethics in every game. Tonight we failed on all three, by a team 90 minutes ago folk wondered if we could be the new inbincibles ffs.

Its a deserved defeat. I'm no fucking happy. But this season fuck all suggests its more than a poor performance. Those screaming loudest are those who like to build us up as world beaters, including some idiots saying the league was won by December ffs.

I absolutely did not expect us to go unbeaten all season, but I expect us to coast cup quarter finals against garbage, bottom of the table teams and when we don't, after blowing teams away this year, the only thing I can point to is the players have bottled it. 

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Kamara.

Kent at their 1st, along with naive Bassey.

Bassey poor at their 2nd too.

Too many individual mistakes, and too many below par performances.

Awful from kamara. 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

I absolutely did not expect us to go unbeaten all season, but I expect us to coast cup quarter finals against garbage, bottom of the table teams and when we don't, after blowing teams away this year, the only thing I can point to is the players have bottled it. 

You entitled twat, be respectful.

Gutted at tonight's result, but its now about how we respond to this set back...the 4 games up to the celtic game are massive now...win all 4 and imo i believe we beat celtic and win the league. Lose any games or drop points and suddenly the pressure will mount and we're in a title race, no doubt about it celtic will have been given a shot in the arm from this result tonight but still rather be in our position than theirs.

3 minutes ago, STRUTH82 said:

I think the next two league games will tell us what mental effect this has on the players, just wish we could have a full ibrox this Saturday 

To be honest, the next two games will tell us nothing. The arse is constantly poised to collapse with this team. We'll know what mental effect it's had when we either lift or don't lift some kind of silverware. 

Archived