Players You Wanted Us To Sign, But We Never Did.

BlueSuedeSambas

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Psycho Pearce . 

Souness made a concerted effort to get him when he was at Notts Forest but Cloughie stood firm . Nobody had really heard of him at that point but in the next year or two went on to make a name for himself . 

Would have fitted in perfectly . 

Fuck me. Imagine Psycho in that earlier 9IAR side :lol: Would’ve be unreal. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SPWF said:

I don’t think that’s true. As far as I know Walter never wanted Brown, he only wanted Thomson. 

I know that my version is true. Fee, wages etc all agreed before he reneged and joined the scum.

His agent, Willie McKay, was actually a bluenose but he was obviously getting well paid to convince young Brown to break his promise.

Not a fancy name but I wanted us to sign James McArthur from Hamilton. When he and McCarthy went to Wigan, instead of us and the scum, it seemed like a damning indictment on the state of Scottish football. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

:lol: no no nooooo.

:lol: Just think he looks decent. Wouldn't come in as a starter but as mentioned somewhere else we could do with a few Scottish lads for the home-grown European rules. Ideally they'd come from our own youth system.

38 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

:lol: Just think he looks decent. Wouldn't come in as a starter but as mentioned somewhere else we could do with a few Scottish lads for the home-grown European rules. Ideally they'd come from our own youth system.

I can see us going for him for that reason too. 

He’s also got an incredible work rate and attitude when it comes to wanting to better himself to get the most out of his career and I think that is something that would appeal to Gerrard, Beale and co too.

I don’t want is to sign him, but we need players for the homegrown rules and I’d rather we picked him up for nothing to fill that quota as opposed to spending money on players to do it 

2 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

Raul tamudo... linked with him for years but it never happened!!

We weren't just linked with him, fee agreed and contract agreed if memory serves me right, then when he got to the airport he called it off because he knew he'd be too homesick 

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

Craig Gordon would have been ideal at the time he trained for us.

Goalkeeping options in 2014/15 was rotten.

I try to remove all memories of the Championship and League 1, but did we not opt to sign Steve Simonsen instead of Gordon?

Archived