C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Good wee Forrest has suffered another setback on recovery from his injury and misses our game too he’s a match winner for them 

It’s a tricky procedure I believe, Don’t think a neck transplant has ever been attempted before tbf.

It’ll be hard for Forrest to come back at all this season, you’d think. 

If he’s only just coming off crutches having been injured for three months already and Lennon is saying January to look again, he’ll just be getting back to fitness by the time the season ends.

And that’s not to mention the impact of having a big ankle injury can have on a player pushing 30 who relies on pace - especially because it’s far from his first major injury.

How sad.

18 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

It’ll be hard for Forrest to come back at all this season, you’d think. 

If he’s only just coming off crutches having been injured for three months already and Lennon is saying January to look again, he’ll just be getting back to fitness by the time the season ends.

And that’s not to mention the impact of having a big ankle injury can have on a player pushing 30 who relies on pace - especially because it’s far from his first major injury.

How sad.

Aye agreed. We were talking about this last week watching the Ross County game. He's a long way back.

It was about 4-weeks ago he suffered a "setback" and now it looks like another one.

Without sounding like a medical expert (because I'm not) but I'm assuming that once the swelling goes, he get's strength & mobility back he get's assessed and starts some light training like jogging then gradually into training with a programme to get built back up.

Even if he's fully recovered and fit to play, which he isn't, he's a long way to get match fit after surgery, 3 months (as it stands, and counting) out.

He's ages away from even training yet.

Celtic's fitness regimes seem to be notorious atm anyway. Griffiths' came on for a game the other week and had a belly that would put most guys in their 50's on here to shame and Tunrbull's been unfit for months too apparently.

Forrest will start making cameo's for match fitness final month or two of the season, probably.

15 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Aye agreed. We were talking about this last week watching the Ross County game. He's a long way back.

It was about 4-weeks ago he suffered a "setback" and now it looks like another one.

Without sounding like a medical expert (because I'm not) but I'm assuming that once the swelling goes, he get's strength & mobility back he get's assessed and starts some light training like jogging then gradually into training with a programme to get built back up.

Even if he's fully recovered and fit to play, which he isn't, he's a long way to get match fit after surgery, 3 months (as it stands, and counting) out.

Celtic's fitness regimes seem to be notorious atm anyway. Griffiths' came on for a game the other week and had a belly that would put most guys in their 50's on here to shame and Tunrbull's been unfit for months too apparently.

Forrest will start making cameo's for match fitness final month or two of the season, probably.

Griffiths, Rogic, and Ajeti are all in absolutely horrendous shape. 

Griffiths genuinely looks like guys in their 50s I’ve played fives with. Just doesn’t give one solitary fuck about being a footballer. Which is an interesting approach from someone who puts more of his money up his nose than he does in savings.

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

Always remember big arsene wenger saying it takes a player 6 matches to get up to full speed after a long time off. Always stuck with me and think it’s probably spot on. 

Archived