Katic

Swagger

12 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I think it is right and fair to the player that Gio has a proper look at him pre-season but he has a lot to do. He was not even first choice before his injury or loan and it is clear there are multiple players ahead of him now. Goldson is clearly our number one centre back. Souttar has been playing regularly in the last year to a decent level in the league after his own injury problems and Davies has been brought in for a decent fee. If anything he is competing to be a backup centre back with Helander, Simpson, Sands etc. Helander is the best defender of that group but is no longer fit enough to relied upon and will have his own struggle to get back in. For me Katic is better than Simpson but lacks the versatility of Sands who can slot into the midfield too. I don't have a problem with his attitude but it feels like his ship has sailed with us. I think he and Simpson could still go before the start of the season. 

What the hell do we actually do with Simpson? He wouldn't even get a game for Margate. 

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I never rated Katic despite the strong following on here. Sands is miles ahead of him and maybe even King.

He probably is as far as Gio is concerned.

Buy I'm not sure a CH who can't win an aerial challenge will do well for us either.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He probably is as far as Gio is concerned.

Buy I'm not sure a CH who can't win an aerial challenge will do well for us either.

From what I've seen, he lost one header in the air and it grew legs on here.

I predict we will buy James Sands.