*****Official Rangers v Ross County Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

10 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I think Helander will be back for this.

Balogun was at fault for their goal at the weekend.

Gerrard has a habit of persisting with defenders he likes, the amount of clangers goldson and tav dropped last season is an example 

Imo helander is the best defender at the club, not as good on the ball as goldson but positional wise etc he is better, and i think that complements goldson big time, balogun and goldson are too alike for me

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

Balogun didn't cover himself in glory at the goal but Kamara stood about like a spare prick at a wedding.

Aribo was worse. If Cole hadn’t tapped in, he had Campbell behind him with Aribo not tracking properly. 

On 19/01/2021 at 12:49, BookWorm said:

They seem to be firing under Hughes and he will defo have them well up for this. Expecting this to be a difficult game and a tight 0-1 win. Also expecting Kent to be frustrating as hell again if he starts.

To RC as it’s at Ibrox?

Im going for a home 4-0 win and a motm performance by Kent 😜

On 19/01/2021 at 11:50, Jasper Blues said:

Unbeaten in 24 just isn't good enough for some on here. 

Kent and Aribo need to be sold. 

Davis's legs have gone. 

Jack and Arfield are injury prone and don't play in enough games. 

Hagi isn't brilliant in all Games. 

A chill pill required in lots of areas. 

This isn't a computer game, this is about people, pressure, attitude, fitness, intelligence, experience, and lots more. Plenty of variables so we need to be patient and back whichever Rangers player wears the Jersey. 

We demand that our players have the bottle for the fight. Some on here sit down to pee and couldn't spell fight. (apologies to the ladies). 

too sensible and the haters will be after you 😂

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

too sensible and the haters will be after you 😂

You're correct, but I'm ready for them. 

Just sick of "fans" who rip our team members to bits for their own publicity. 

I'm old enough to have lived through sad times and frustrating times so I like to see respect for those who are honoured and lucky enough to wear our Jersey. 

1 hour ago, Jasper Blues said:

You're correct, but I'm ready for them. 

Just sick of "fans" who rip our team members to bits for their own publicity. 

I'm old enough to have lived through sad times and frustrating times so I like to see respect for those who are honoured and lucky enough to wear our Jersey. 

We’ve more or less won this league and currently sitting with a massive points tally yet we have posters sitting chomping at the bit and ready to put the boot in at any opportunity which is actually quite bizarre. 

The manager keeps picking these players who are apparently playing shite and haven’t turned up for years yet we’re still winning points 🤷‍♂️

I’m just going to enjoy these days and weeks rather than be a poster who always targets certain players by always looking for the negatives in every performance but sometimes it comes across as if they want these players to fail so they can come out with the shite of ‘I told you so’ and this is really sad to read.

10 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Gerrard has a habit of persisting with defenders he likes, the amount of clangers goldson and tav dropped last season is an example 

Imo helander is the best defender at the club, not as good on the ball as goldson but positional wise etc he is better, and i think that complements goldson big time, balogun and goldson are too alike for me

I think you're very much in the truth when you say Helander-Goldson is a better parternship, I agree and I'd like to see them both very soon. They complete eachother.

i dont know why but I still cant relax.

Is the league over? Most likely but lets be honest we haven't been playing well at all recently and last season still gives me nightmares. We have the benefit of celtic just being absolutely hopeless but I just hope we start displaying the confidence we had early season so I can actually start enjoying games again.

4 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Is the league over? Most likely but lets be honest we haven't been playing well at all recently and last season still gives me nightmares. We have the benefit of celtic just being absolutely hopeless but I just hope we start displaying the confidence we had early season so I can actually start enjoying games again.

I’m hoping the draw last weekend will be a blessing in disguise. A timely boot up the arse as a reminder that our performance levels need to be raised again.

Jack and Roofe coming back will be a big help, Arfield hopefully not too long away either. They will certainly help.

22 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

I wasn't settled on 12 points ahead due to our form and I knew we were due to drop points.

Now we are at worst 14 points ahead and better GD - I'm very relaxed now. It's coming home.

Let's try learning our lessons.

Helander over Bagolun...simply a better defender.

Assuming no others are fit for a start, use Davis as the anchor, have Kamara and Aribo (yes) playing advanced off him left and right respectively. 

Up front, mix it up...drop Kent (he needs a rest), play Itten and Defoe centre with Hagi behind. That looks narrow but we should make up our lack of width with our fullbacks pushing on. 

That gives us an attacking lineup, playing to form that should also be able to defend and have strength on the bench.

Archived