*****Official Rangers v Ross County Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d prefer Jack to start the game then maybe take him off when he starts to tire. To me that seems a better way of giving them minutes rather than bringing them on and then they have to get upto the speed of the game. 

But then again, what do I know about that side of the game 😂

6 minutes ago, kirkiebear said:

I’d prefer Jack to start the game then maybe take him off when he starts to tire. To me that seems a better way of giving them minutes rather than bringing them on and then they have to get upto the speed of the game. 

But then again, what do I know about that side of the game 😂

The last few games when Jack was coming back from injury SG has always brought him on late the second half so there’s no reason why he’ll change a winning formula IMO

2 hours ago, Jasper Blues said:

If being AT LEAST 14 points clear at this stage of the season is a "rut" I'll gladly take it for years to come. After some of the Daly/Senderos years then count me in the "delighted" category of Rangers Fans if we keep "stumbling" over the finishing line. 

Of course we all want to win with style and by several goals in every game but that won't happen. 

We need to take the free-flowing with the hard-fought and accept that's how leagues are won. 

Maybe it's a matter of perspective.  The name of the game is points. 

You can sugar coat it all you want we are in a rut, we have been for weeks ( apart from 70 minutes against Aberdeen ) and the sooner we get back to some sort of resemblance of the way the team can play the better. I'm well aware it takes all kinds of performances to win the league but I repeat we are no where near the standard the team set and can play at. 

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

You can sugar coat it all you want we are in a rut, we have been for weeks ( apart from 70 minutes against Aberdeen ) and the sooner we get back to some sort of resemblance of the way the team can play the better. I'm well aware it takes all kinds of performances to win the league but I repeat we are no where near the standard the team set and can play at. 

A rut ffs :lol:

we've not played as well as we can but to say we are in a rut but we've barely lost a goal and are unbeaten in almost a year in the league 

4 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

A rut??!

Last week was what? Our first draw in 16 league games? No losses?

Jesus fucking christ...

tumblr_inline_mo1zd18HyZ1qz4rgp540.gif

21 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Personally I'd be more concerned if we were like past seasons, where we were incapable of rolling the sleeves up and getting tore in. 

The silky stuff will come back again. 

I don't think it's coincidence that our "rut" performances have been during the absence of Jack, Arfield and Roofe.  With the back door shut, the silky players will get more time and confidence to play their own game. 

If any of that is me sugar-coating it then fine. 

Saccharine Loyal

49 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Take it you never heard his interview when he said we won't always win playing like this - we need to get back to playing the way we can

I can't remember him saying that, maybe he did. I remember his saying umpteen times after games that the 3 points is the main thing 

Big game tomorrow not to be taken lightly. Feet have to be firmly on the pedal from here on in.

Hughes is a good manager and has them playing really well.

I wouldn't entertain the idea of Jack playing unless we're home and dry and can give him game time. His match sharpness will be non existent.

McGregor 

Goldson.            Helander

Jack

Tav.                                              Borna

Hagi Itten  Defoe Morelos Roofe

Jack is back. Midfield stand down, attack attack attack 😂

1 hour ago, Nk89 said:

McGregor

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic

Davis Kamara

Hagi

Itten Morelos Kent

Got a feeling we will click tomorrow.

5-0 Gers.

That’s the team me and SG will go with 👍

3 hours ago, ChampionsAgain said:

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic 

Davis Jack Kamara 

Itten Morelos Hagi 

No Aribo or Kent pls. 

Watched the Motherwell highlights back.  Kent wasn't as bad as I thought watching real time. Was better than Aribo.

Just now, Boybluesy said:

Watched the Motherwell highlights back.  Kent wasn't as bad as I thought watching real time. Was better than Aribo.

Ive done it myself and on second viewing without the pressure of a live game you kind of notice more of the good play rather than just frustratingly  focusing on the negatives 

4 hours ago, RfcSevco said:

Other than the fact in the 13 league games he's played we've not conceded a goal.

Hes pivotal and is pretty much Gerrards main midfielder 

The defence is not the problem , we create nothing from that midfield , Arfield does that not Jack........

Archived