Kemar Roofe charged by SFA (2 Match Ban Confirmed)

CooperSF

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to get this sorted out in the summer. Lawwell is gone, Doncaster will probably go as well, to finally get some sort of level playing field in this context would be good as well. 

It’s honestly an absolute disgrace this is continuing to happen. All we want is what Gerrard said, consistency. If we’re re-reffing games to this extent there’s at least 6-7 incidents in the past 5 weeks that should’ve been looked at again, only 2 were and both involve Rangers players. 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We need to get this sorted out in the summer. Lawwell is gone, Doncaster will probably go as well, to finally get some sort of level playing field in this context would be good as well. 

It’s honestly an absolute disgrace this is continuing to happen. All we want is what Gerrard said, consistency. If we’re re-reffing games to this extent there’s at least 6-7 incidents in the past 5 weeks that should’ve been looked at again, only 2 were and both involve Rangers players. 

The problem is Ian Maxwell of the SFA . He is a Lawwell appointee and is behind all this .

When Lawwell goes we need to get rid of this corrupt cunt as well as Doncaster of the SPFL.

Just now, hawkeye said:

The problem is Ian Maxwell of the SFA . He is a Lawwell appointee and is behind all this .

When Lawwell goes we need to get rid of this corrupt cunt as well as Doncaster of the SPFL.

The only cunt in the whole of Scottish football to come out and defend them after Dubai and he basically runs the show. Shows you what you’re up against 

44 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Wasn’t a red? Shocker of a lunge

Could take your pick of videos that show the inconsistencies, not as a ‘us vs them thing’, but across the league as a whole.

Media plays a massive part in the “compliance officer” role up here. 

1 hour ago, Rum Ham said:

Could take your pick of videos that show the inconsistencies, not as a ‘us vs them thing’, but across the league as a whole.

Media plays a massive part in the “compliance officer” role up here. 

My biggest issue atm is why no retrospective action was taken re their breaches of protocol in Dubai. Why have our club and the others who had player ban’s not came out in protest as it’s the most serious, obvious and ‘admitted’ breaking of the rules since all of this started. I have no doubt we would have been hearing more about it especially from them if the roles were reversed..

6 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

My biggest issue atm is why no retrospective action was taken re their breaches of protocol in Dubai. Why have our club and the others who had player ban’s not came out in protest as it’s the most serious, obvious and ‘admitted’ breaking of the rules since all of this started. I have no doubt we would have been hearing more about it especially from them if the roles were reversed..

I still reckon Doncaster was in Dubai with them . I'm not saying he had a key card to Lawwell's room. No I'm not saying that at all.

Tackles like Roofe's are common place in every game and now we will all be looking out for them and parity. SFA better recruit more admin in the Compliance department ready for the rush.

Gerrard was 100% correct on the issue of consistency. This is crunch time for the SFA, we are at the crossroads and whatever happens with Roofe is potentially a new benchmark.

The tackle looked bad, we might see why it was cited, irrespective of the refs decision, but as we know from previous incidents and video/photo evidence, the case is surely defensible with precedents being set. Consistency is key, treat Roofe as others have been treated or prepare for the consequences at every turn.

Over to you SFA.

We’re so far ahead in the league this year it won’t make a difference whatever they try to throw at us but imagine we were neck and neck or a point in it? 

Stevie G said in his press conference yesterday that in respect of the incident the club would look at it in due course and decide what to do. I wonder if that means we will keep our powder dry for now, win the league, presentation the lot, then absolutely go for the SFA etc.

I really hope so as we can’t continue like this, it’s an absolute joke. We are Rangers and it’s in our DNA to call out injustice. When it’s wrong it’s wrong and we must shout up. 

This issue is really simple.

If the referee has clearly seen an incident and acted upon it (Roofe, Morelos), then that should be the end of the matter. We can’t go down the road of re-refereeing games days later. It undermines the referee’s authority.

If there is something the referee could not have seen (off the ball incident, non-contact/simulation) then it is correct that an injustice is put right.

Trial by Sportscene is not helping the game and the CO’s role needs looked at.

And what about the referees? How do they feel about someone sitting with a coffee days later reviewing every decision they made in a live situation? Is that fair? Are the referees happy having their integrity and/or competence challenged by someone sitting in their slippers tucking into a bacon roll?

And on referees, what is the benchmark for competence? A referee rules on an incident he has seen clearly and someone subsequently decides he got it wrong. How many times can this happen before a referee (eg Clancy) is removed from senior fixtures?

If we’re ever going to have a voice on this, it has to be once the title is secured. Get it won and then, from a position of strength (and before Liewell 2.0 gets his feet under the table), get this mess sorted.

IFAB allows the referee discretion to take appropriate action within the framework of the Laws of the Game. This discretion has always been judged on intent but for some reason after the new year they’ve decided to remove that discretion. If they continue that, with consistency across all the 12 premier league teams then they will get a lot of suspension to hand out. The decision of the referee is also meant to be final, that’s probably why they need the ref to lie about not seeing it properly. 

E5670BB8-BB4C-4D2D-A3B1-EB7561E91CBA.jpeg

2 hours ago, LookingForEric said:

treat Roofe as others have been treated or prepare for the consequences at every turn

Think this has been the issue for so long, there have been no consequences for any of their nonsense that can be traced right back since 2012. I do however feel a change coming with Lawwell’s departure and our ascendency, can’t come quick enough though...

we have been very focused with our play this year in regards to not giving the referee anything to send us off. nothing is perfect so these past incidents were always going to happen given the nature of what we are up against.

im certain gerrard tells the players this and how close we are. we can fight this fght at the right time, but just the league for now. maybe it is coincidental that this shite is happening now were 6 games away from the title. maybe they are geting desperate.

if we just stay focused like we have all year then these last desperate acts wont do fuck all.

For the root and branch clean up to go ahead we do need the support of other clubs. Getting the league won is the only priority right now.

This compliant nonsense is nothing more than the last kick of a dying beast. Irritating but ultimately futile.

At the end of the season do the same as last year and call for a full independent inquiry. There will be much more support for it now.

9 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

On roofes Insta

Players know when something has intent or if it is accidental. This is the key to consistency. We have been on the receiving end of bad tackles also, not necessarily malicious but certainly dangerous that could or did (Morelos vs Utd) injure our players. Why are those challenges not cited of if so ‘no further action taken’ yet here Roofe makes a bad tackle which everyone including the opponents acknowledge was an accident yet the panel are throwing the book again. He has every right to be annoyed. Everyone in the club can see what is happening. The danger is it becomes a distraction which is why against all my instincts I feel we need to park it until the league is home. We just don’t need this additional noise. We need to be totally focussed for the next few weeks then we can give it to them with both barrels. 

Archived