Will Gerrard only realise the magnitude of 55 when it happens?

I think pretty much early days Gerrard absolutely got what lifting the league title would mean for the club, fans and our reputation. 
I’m 100% sure that has been in the forefront of his mind since then and a huge motivation to do well. 

We are a club like no other. ❤️🤍💙

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he’ll already know what is about to be achieved and the enormity of it. Last night goes a little towards proving that. Gerrard has been in football long enough with a Club that has the passion and history similar to Rangers. He’s been in Glasgow for a few years and from talking with people like Smith and Souness, he’ll know, and I hope he’s not shy in letting others know when it’s eventually achieved.

He played for a club with a fanatical support and is a legend.

He played with us, fair enough in a nothing match for the second half.

He manages a team with a fanatical support.

He gets how important to us this is and I bet the red side of Liverpool will be cheering just as loudly when we win.

There are links trying to develop and @Brian Fantana  made a post about it a while ago.

hillsborough-112164914.jpg

Can you just imagine the scenes at Ibrox when we play our next game at home when fans are allowed back in, it'll be fucking mental, and he wont have witnessed anything like it, it'll be the biggest sing song and party ever imo.

Steven Gerrard will now be named in the same breath as Walter Smith, Jock Wallace and Willie Waddell. For me that says it all. What he has achieved here in 3 years is unbelievable considering the state we were in when he arrived. The guy is a winner and has surrounded himself with other winners. The bond between the coaching staff and players is there for all to see and the unity between the players themselves hasn’t been seen since our 9 in a row teams in my opinion. He may think he knows what’s going to happen when we win it , but he’s going to be in for a big surprise. We’ve waited on this for so long and by fuck we’re gonna let the world know all about it. Strap yourself in for the ride Stevie, it’s gonna be monumental.

7 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Gerrard will know full well what 55 is going to mean to every single supporter.

He's now a legend the man that brought us back from our darkest time and delivered the biggest title we may ever have. 

I think he knows 90% of what it means.

The first game back with a full stadium, will give him the shivers he grew up on.

42 minutes ago, josmc said:

Steven Gerrard will now be named in the same breath as Walter Smith, Jock Wallace and Willie Waddell. For me that says it all. What he has achieved here in 3 years is unbelievable considering the state we were in when he arrived. The guy is a winner and has surrounded himself with other winners. The bond between the coaching staff and players is there for all to see and the unity between the players themselves hasn’t been seen since our 9 in a row teams in my opinion. He may think he knows what’s going to happen when we win it , but he’s going to be in for a big surprise. We’ve waited on this for so long and by fuck we’re gonna let the world know all about it. Strap yourself in for the ride Stevie, it’s gonna be monumental.

And you have to give credit to the board for providing him with tbe environment, tools and finance to do it. 

18 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Am not ashamed to admit I've had some really dark times over the past decade following our club. I was completely broken. 

Failed manager after manager we were  in the worlderness just one of the pack 

Then Mr Gerrard walked into the blue room.. Let's go where his words and its taken us longer than we all wished but he's got the job done domestically and delivered 55

The man is a hero 

It felt like that every other week.It felt like there was no way back .No way we were stopping the 10😄

Yet here we are .It feels miraculous .Especially as we all know how we felt this time last year 

Thank you very much Steven Gerrard 🙏

There are not many who are legends at multiple clubs. Gerrard is a football man through and through, and even though we are not his first love he will know exactly what this means. He’s fallen under the spell that many others have, in that they know we are big but only once their feet are in the door do they realise how big we are and the football traditions we uphold here. As a football man he’s knows we are a proper club.  I’ve seen him quoted that winning this will be as big as Istanbul for him and I believe it. Grandfathers, father and sons will shed tears at this title. Make no mistake, this is the most important title in our recent history and certainly our most important since Souness arrived and we only had 15,000 in the ground. He will be a legend for this.

Tbh winning the CL the way they done it is probably going to be the highest personal achievement SG will ever do in football. Yes he’s a legend to us forever more for securing 55 especially where we’ve came from but there’s no comparison between kicking that ball and managing imo SG could win the CL with us it the WC managing England but I still don’t think it would equal lifting that CL trophy. just my opinion 

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think pretty much early days Gerrard absolutely got what lifting the league title would mean for the club, fans and our reputation. 
I’m 100% sure that has been in the forefront of his mind since then and a huge motivation to do well. 

We are a club like no other. ❤️🤍💙

You could see in that video of him arriving at Ibrox that he understood completely what we were about, the position we were in and the challenge in front of him.

11 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Tbh winning the CL the way they done it is probably going to be the highest personal achievement SG will ever do in football. Yes he’s a legend to us forever more for securing 55 especially where we’ve came from but there’s no comparison between kicking that ball and managing imo SG could win the CL with us it the WC managing England but I still don’t think it would equal lifting that CL trophy. just my opinion 

The way he dragged that team back from 3-0 down to go on and win takes some beating. It will be a different type of satisfaction but I'm sure that these 2 achievements are his biggest ever in football.

1 hour ago, MisterC said:

The way he dragged that team back from 3-0 down to go on and win takes some beating. It will be a different type of satisfaction but I'm sure that these 2 achievements are his biggest ever in football.

Without a shadow of a doubt as winning his first major trophy as manager will defo be up there.

It's a different type of achievement but I'm sure that he won't give a fuck about weighing up which is bigger or better. He said recently on the Robbie Fowler podcast that 55 will be up there with Istanbul for him, the fact he even mentioned it in the same breathe as winning one of the best Champions League finals in history with his boyhood club shows he understands exactly what it means and shows how much he has put into it.

He’ll understand the monumental task he had when agreeing to take us over and all the hard work that has gone into achieving it. Also, he’ll understand any club winning a title for the first time in a decade is a major deal and connected with the club he’ll know how much it means. In saying all of that, only us Rangers fans understand the full magnitude over this last decade. 

13 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

He’ll understand the monumental task he had when agreeing to take us over and all the hard work that has gone into achieving it. Also, he’ll understand any club winning a title for the first time in a decade is a major deal and connected with the club he’ll know how much it means. In saying all of that, only us Rangers fans understand the full magnitude over this last decade. 

Not just that, but more too the point is where we were not too long ago

Archived