Kamara Statement

JamieD

I'm proper heartbroken for Kamara, it's a shame fans can't go to games to show him that we are all behind him.

I'm so proud of the way the players and management have reacted and as we know the fans will always back the players.

This is make or break time from UEFA. For years they've had the "show racism the red card" campaign and haven't really had to deal with many issues. Well UEFA the world is watching.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GM63 said:

I have lived in England since 84, so get very little main stream news of Scottish football, so this forum is a godsend. I can see that since this game there has been no outrage from the Scottish Govt, Media, FARE or Nil By Mouth. I could be wrong of course, but I’m getting an Animal Farm feeling about this clearly racist incident.

If Kamara goes into McGregors ear tomorrow at half time and calls him a ‘dirty fenian bastard’ these mobs would be well out the woodwork.

Humza would be green lighting candlelight vigils and Rangers as an organisation would be feeling the full force of the law and governing bodies.

It is outrageous this kind of shit still goes on, just as much as how shocking it is that it's ever went on.

Goldson and Kamara are absolutely right about the tokenism of taking a knee. We need action, not empty gestures and the balls in UEFA's court to show what action they will take.

Utterly sickening that a player can be treated like this in 2021 and the general response, outside of his own support, is “prove it”. 

heartbroken for Kamara, and every player of colour, who are constantly reminded that racism is not only alive in football, but it is supported. 

25 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

It is outrageous this kind of shit still goes on, just as much as how shocking it is that it's ever went on.

Goldson and Kamara are absolutely right about the tokenism of taking a knee. We need action, not empty gestures and the balls in UEFA's court to show what action they will take.

This 100%

For the past wee while I've been getting fed up with being constantly reminded from sky and bt and lots of other places that black lives matter and racism is wrong, I thought that in this day and age who could possibly be racist and why do we need to be reminded not to be racist but I was actually shocked at what that bastard did to our player and can see now we still have a long way to go. It was fantastic to see how our club reacted both on the park and after and hope that Glen is ok and knows that our Rangers family all have his back. It's time for UEFA to sort this out here. 

Know something though...it’s been good to see Sturgeon all over Twitter and the radio to condemn racism and stand shoulder to shoulder with Kamara. Just goes to show she genuinely doesn’t care what team you support; she just stands up for what is right. 

That’s sarcasm by the way.

37 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

If Kamara goes into McGregors ear tomorrow at half time and calls him a ‘dirty fenian bastard’ these mobs would be well out the woodwork.

Humza would be green lighting candlelight vigils and Rangers as an organisation would be feeling the full force of the law and governing bodies.

Our "Justice" minister has been awfully quiet during all of this which I find frankly fucking disgusting. They've just passed a hate crime bill, he tweets his support for sturgeon during a live inquiry yet doesn't utter a single word when a young black sportsman is racially abused for all to see in the very country he is a minister in. 

I guess it's only a hate crime if it doesn't involve Rangers or our fanbase.

6 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

Our "Justice" minister has been awfully quiet during all of this which I find frankly fucking disgusting. They've just passed a hate crime bill, he tweets his support for sturgeon during a live inquiry yet doesn't utter a single word when a young black sportsman is racially abused for all to see in the very country he is a minister in. 

I’d usually expect more vitriol and grandstanding from the wee mutant.

I really cannot stick the guy.

10 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

He has tweeted about it tbf

13 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

Think he’s backed them twice tbf

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Social media as a whole is so fucking toxic and destructive.

If you want to find a cause or reasoning as to why so many people’s mental health is in the toilet these days then I think you can almost directly relate it to the growth of social media. It does far more harm than good.

Never been near it (RM is my limit!) and I reckon that was wise.

Archived