Sum up this season...

Sparkle

We could all see the improvements over the previous two seasons.
It's been hard going, hearing their supporters for nine years.
They never mention how much the league was diminished by our absence.
If they'd won again, we'd never had heard the end of it.
To me, 55 was always the important number.
And we're hopefully in a good place for the next few.
Going out of both cups was disappointing, but there's always next year.

Incredible really. 

Two domestic defeats, one on 90 minutes and one on penalties, excellent progress and some marquee performances in Europe. 

A defence up there with anything I’ve seen at Rangers, some saves from a goalkeeper who has surpassed Goram in his contribution to the club, our key striker breaking his OF duck and dominating them and a young full back who looks like he could be two good seasons away from a £20m transfer. 

That’s before you consider the likes of Kent, Davis, Tavernier’s form in the first six months, Roofe’s goal, Jack’s winner against Killie - it’s been incredible.

However, as happy as I am, about 0.01% of me will still be sitting pished with the boys next Saturday thinking that we should be looking forward to a Scottish Cup final to complete a domestic treble and that does niggle at me a bit. 

58 minutes ago, foghorn leghorn said:

Ok, we trumped the league, but we couldn't overcome St Midden in the League Cup and St Johnston in the Scottish CUP - disappointing to be fair.

I still find that astonishing that people see it that way. I can understand that pov immediately after a cup exit but if I said to you at the start of the season nae domestic cups but League champions and another incredible European run then I'd have bite marks and be missing an arm. Fuck me, a lot of us wanted us to never mind Europe to focus on the league.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I still find that astonishing that people see it that way. I can understand that pov immediately after a cup exit but if I said to you at the start of the season nae domestic cups but League champions and another incredible European run then I'd have bite marks and be missing an arm. Fuck me, a lot of us wanted us to never mind Europe to focus on the league.

The league cup fair enough we were playing league games and had a busy schedule up til then with European games too. 
The defeat to St Johnstone was unacceptable. The league was already won and we were out of Europe. It was our only focus.

The league was clearly the priority but the Scottish cup exit was a huge disappointment.

Just now, ElBufalo20 said:

The league cup fair enough we were playing league games and had a busy schedule up til then with European games too. 
The defeat to St Johnstone was unacceptable. The league was already won and we were out of Europe. It was our only focus.

The league was clearly the priority but the Scottish cup exit was a huge disappointment.

Course it was. We all felt it mate. But in a post about summing up the season to sum it up as 'dissapointing' as someone done baffles me.

21 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Course it was. We all felt it mate. But in a post about summing up the season to sum it up as 'dissapointing' as someone done baffles me.

Look, my opinion is that we should not have been done over by St Mirren or by not marking a tall keeper up for an injury time corner against St Johnston in the Scottish Cup game. 

I'm disappointed because the tarriers crushed all before them in the past 9 years and we failed against the above diddy teams in 2 particular matches.

If the above posters are young then they might not get it from years ago. Ok, you might think I'm an old cunt, but Confucius was also old.

16 minutes ago, foghorn leghorn said:

Look, my opinion is that we should not have been done over by St Mirren or by not marking a tall keeper up for an injury time corner against St Johnston in the Scottish Cup game. 

I'm disappointed because the tarriers crushed all before them in the past 9 years and we failed against the above diddy teams in 2 particular matches.

If the above posters are young then they might not get it from years ago. Ok, you might think I'm an old cunt, but Confucius was also old.

Like that last bit 😁

I'm no saying you're wrong for being disappointed mate, we all are but you would have bitten hands off for this season's results before a ball was kicked. When the dust settles it should be looked at as we did excellent in the two most important competitions we were involved in and poorly in the two least important. Overall picture is more than satisfactory for this season though.

Fantastic season winning 55 stopping terry Munro and terrific run in Europe with some great results against top European clubs.

we just keep improving season by season.truly exciting