Please Read - Help a Bear Out

Clemdog

• Clemdog changed the title to Please Read
10 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Donation made. 

Was in the advice thread, the NL council are an absolute fucking disgrace. :ang:

Agree mate on top of that I've just been woken with another burst pipe from the bathroom which has flooded the bathroom and kitchen again

27 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Canny even take a few pics for the record as it has blown the electrics atm

I'm actually a spark mate, is your bathroom flooding and flowing down from above into the kitchen? 

If so, go to your consumer unit and confirm that both lighting circuits and the kitchen and cooker breakers are off. 

You should be able to get your sockets in the living room/bedroom/hall switched on to get some plug in lamps on. 

5 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

I'm actually a spark mate, is your bathroom flooding and flowing down from above into the kitchen? 

If so, go to your consumer unit and confirm that both lighting circuits and the kitchen and cooker breakers are off. 

You should be able to get your sockets in the living room/bedroom/hall switched on to get some plug in lamps on. 

Already done that and have them back in. 

I'm actually becoming an expert nowadays isolating the dif fuses now😊

Its a bit of a piss take and luckily my son was still awake. He came down saying he heard a loud pop in the bathroom and sound like someone was running a tap full blast. Thankfully was only maybe 3 or 4 mins max before I turned the main water off. Didn't stop it flood g the kitchen and bathroom tho

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

Already done that and have them back in. 

I'm actually becoming an expert nowadays isolating the dif fuses now😊

Its a bit of a piss take and luckily my son was still awake. He came down saying he heard a loud pop in the bathroom and sound like someone was running a tap full blast. Thankfully was only maybe 3 or 4 mins max before I turned the main water off. Didn't stop it flood g the kitchen and bathroom tho

Well done mate, also just to add, if the leak was under your bath, you should have no problem getting the upper floor main lighting breaker back on if you haven't already done that.   👍

5 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Well done mate, also just to add, if the leak was under your bath, you should have no problem getting the upper floor main lighting breaker back on if you haven't already done that.   👍

I think the pipe that's burst is the one behind the wall that runs up the wall from downstairs if that makes sense 

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

I think the pipe that's burst is the one behind the wall that runs up the wall from downstairs if that makes sense 

Should be fine if it's just a riser, as long as the burst pipe wasn't in the loft, the upper floor lighting loop should be good to go.

There will likely be 2 lighting breakers in your consumer unit, one for ground floor and one for upper floor. 

Ground floor breaker will probably trip instantly if you reset it but upper floor should be ok to reset and will at least let you survey the scene mate. 

2 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Massive thank you to everyone so far. Very much appreciated. 

Out of interest should I share this on my own Facebook page. I'm not in any groups on their tho so would that be a waste of time?? 

Would share it as far as you can mate, doesn’t really matter about being in groups, just having a decent friends list will be enough 

will donate tomorrow 👍🏻