Please Read - Help a Bear Out

Clemdog

8 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Im not a member on follow follow so don't feel its right to create an account to promote myself and I don't know anyone who is a member either. Likewise I don't do twitter at all and on Facebook I'm not a member of any Rangers groups to share the link and left the band scene back in 2014 when I was left on my own with the children 

I know we have members on here who are on FF mate I just cannot remember who they are.

I  am sure it will increase before long, it just seems that while we could raise £14K in a few hours for broken benches in George Square this is not going as well as I thought.

I am sure it will get there. :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I know we have members on here who are on FF mate I just cannot remember who they are.

I  am sure it will increase before long, it just seems that while we could raise £14K in a few hours for broken benches in George Square this is not going as well as I thought.

I am sure it will get there. :thumbup:

This may come across as a bit selfish but when you put it like that it kinda shows how fucked up the whole world is. 

When I initially setup the gofundme page I seen ones where people were looking for 3.5k so they could tax and Insure their cars and had over 22k donated and people were looking for money to pay court fines and had over 14k for a 500 fine. Its absolutely bonkers the way the world works nowadays. 

However regardless I'm very grateful for everyone's donation and really can't thank each and every one of u guys enough 

22 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

This may come across as a bit selfish but when you put it like that it kinda shows how fucked up the whole world is. 

When I initially setup the gofundme page I seen ones where people were looking for 3.5k so they could tax and Insure their cars and had over 22k donated and people were looking for money to pay court fines and had over 14k for a 500 fine. Its absolutely bonkers the way the world works nowadays. 

However regardless I'm very grateful for everyone's donation and really can't thank each and every one of u guys enough 

Have you got any quotes to see how much it will cost to get the bathroom sorted mate?

3 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Have you got any quotes to see how much it will cost to get the bathroom sorted mate?

Not really, only ones I've seen are those companies that offer a fully fitted, wetwall bathroom with walk in shower for 3k which for me seems really expensive. I would normally do this myself however the stumbling block for me would be relocating pipes below the floor boards

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

This is not getting the response it deserves IMO. :sad: 

Also has anyone who is on FF tried to put it on there??

Just looked and it has not moved much today, £1290 at the moment.

Agreed mate. This really needs more exposure. Hope there’s a way to get this going further. 

20 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Not really, only ones I've seen are those companies that offer a fully fitted, wetwall bathroom with walk in shower for 3k which for me seems really expensive. I would normally do this myself however the stumbling block for me would be relocating pipes below the floor boards

Genuinely surprised someone who does these things hasn't offered to do it, just at cost price.

4 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Get in touch with the o.t mate and explain your trying to fundraise and find out exactly what alterations they think are required so you can get quotes ( loads of shower tray variations etc from walk in to level access / wheelchair accessible etc , these answers will then let you work out if door needs altered , rest of room needs altered etc ) 

Then get in touch with housing officer and ask about getting permission for the works ( hopefully this will help them realise how desperate the situation is and shame them into action )

I've an appointment again with the o.t on Monday when we are back in the hospital 

As for work needing done the company that does the bathroom for 3k supply and fit whatever u require, they also do all the work i.e take down the old tiles and take them away, do all the pipework which will need to be relocated under the floor etc. So it's literally one company do all the job for u. 

The doors in the house are wide enough for a wheelchair if need be however she also has a set of crutches if she ever needs them

Haven't kept up to date with this in the past day or two, have we managed to reach out to any bear friendly businesses that will do the wet room install and plumbing work at cost price yet? I don't live in the area and maybe an admin can reach out to some of the more well known members on here?

3 hours ago, stevemac said:

Haven't kept up to date with this in the past day or two, have we managed to reach out to any bear friendly businesses that will do the wet room install and plumbing work at cost price yet? I don't live in the area and maybe an admin can reach out to some of the more well known members on here?

I did ask the question so that I could give the work to someone who had already donated. 

Don't mind if its a plumber and a tiler or whatever combo it takes but prefer to keep it to our own in here