Another battle with SPFL

KingKirk

5 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Hopefully club have this all ready to go and have tons of paper work to back it up. Then it's on this clown organisation for not doing due diligence before signing the Cinch deal. 

The club stated that they informed them of the restrictions prior to the SPFL signing the contract.  I assume that this was in writing so really the SPFL should be asked why they signed a contract on behalf of all member clubs when one of them had already said they couldn’t comply.  There is no way we are picking a fight for the sake of it, or without being able to back it up.

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

We can't take it to court. We are obliged to take it through the SFA's arbitration process as a condition of our membership (Article 99 of the Articles of Association) and under the provisions of the Arbitration (Scotland) Act 2010,

BBC stating that we would have to agree to arbitration, not that we are compelled to do so.  Don’t shoot the messenger…

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We don't have to accept going to arbitration but we don't have an alternative path 

So in arbitration, does the board show it's supposed hand with this PMG contract that clashes with cinch or do they hold it off again and keep up the charade until possible court action? 

Then if and when they do show such contract does that mean cinch will walk away and then the majority of the 42 want the SPFL mainstay board (MacLennan, Doncaster, McKenzie) out?

If they don't have the contract then the club become the laughing stock two years in a row.

As a wee side note to this thread, does anyone know why when Hearts unvailed their championship winning flag on the first day of the season, it said 'Cinch Championship winners 2020/21'?

I'm sure the leagues had no sponsor last season. It certainly wasn't Cinch. I wonder what our League Flag will say, come 18th September?

hearts-raise-the-flag-after-winning-the-20202021-championship-title-picture-id1234357822.jpg

10 hours ago, DMax399 said:

The club stated that they informed them of the restrictions prior to the SPFL signing the contract.  I assume that this was in writing so really the SPFL should be asked why they signed a contract on behalf of all member clubs when one of them had already said they couldn’t comply.  There is no way we are picking a fight for the sake of it, or without being able to back it up.

Doncaster and Co should be getting questioned why they signed this deal knowing our situation. It's pure negligence on their part. 

It's easier however for them to paint the big bad rangers narrative again, threatening the deal rather than admit they are culpable. 

Back up our side and surely doncaster and Co positions are under threat. I just hope this isn't another repeat of the corruption dossier. 

26 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Doncaster and Co should be getting questioned why they signed this deal knowing our situation. It's pure negligence on their part. 

It's easier however for them to paint the big bad Rangers narrative again, threatening the deal rather than admit they are culpable. 

Back up our side and surely doncaster and Co positions are under threat. I just hope this isn't another repeat of the corruption dossier. 

Do we have an official sponsor that has a conflict of interest, as account ding to our official sponsors page, it doesnt look like we do.

31 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It's easier however for them to paint the big bad rangers narrative again, threatening the deal rather than admit they are culpable. 

They signed the deal to bring in £8 million to the game here. What is our situation? Who is the sponsor/partner we have a contract with which Cinch conflicts with? According to the SPFL, we haven't shared this and the contract with them and no one here seems to know either. Shaping up to be another unneccessary clusterfuck.

18 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Do we have an official sponsor that has a conflict of interest, as account ding to our official sponsors page, it doesnt look like we do.

11 minutes ago, don logan said:

They signed the deal to bring in £8 million to the game here. What is our situation? Who is the sponsor/partner we have a contract with which Cinch conflicts with? According to the SPFL, we haven't shared this and the contract with them and no one here seems to know either. Shaping up to be another unneccessary clusterfuck.

It's not been officially confirmed who the sponsor is by us. I can only guess it relates to Douglas Park Car Firm but that's just a guess.

Just because we haven't shared contractul information with the SPFL doesn't meant its not there. Could be all kinds of legal and commercial reasons it's not that simple. 

Either way the club seems pretty confident it's got a case. 

If it does end up an all mighty balls up on our part, who knows what will happen next. 

14 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It's not been officially confirmed who the sponsor is by us. I can only guess it relates to Douglas Park Car Firm but that's just a guess.

Just because we haven't shared contractul information with the SPFL doesn't meant its not there. Could be all kinds of legal and commercial reasons it's not that simple. 

Either way the club seems pretty confident it's got a case. 

If it does end up an all mighty balls up on our part, who knows what will happen next. 

A mighty balls up on our part and we will never be taken seriously when it comes to Doncaster n co. Lawyers we've employed will surely be let go and then Robertsons position as our Chief under major threat.

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It's easier however for them to paint the big bad Rangers narrative again, threatening the deal rather than admit they are culpable. 

From our side all we have to provide is proof that we advised the SPFL of the issue before they signed the Cinch deal, and at some point in the process, proof that an existing contract was in place that restricted compliance with the yet to be signed Cinch deal.  I know nothing of the reality but as I said previously, the club wouldn’t take this on without having those 2 things in place.  

10 hours ago, fergiebubs said:

As a wee side note to this thread, does anyone know why when Hearts unvailed their championship winning flag on the first day of the season, it said 'Cinch Championship winners 2020/21'?

I'm sure the leagues had no sponsor last season. It certainly wasn't Cinch. I wonder what our League Flag will say, come 18th September?

hearts-raise-the-flag-after-winning-the-20202021-championship-title-picture-id1234357822.jpg

Happens all the time when there are sponsor changes. Even if the league had a sponsor last season and changed over the summer, it wouldn't bear the name of previous sponsor.

simon jordan on talk sport just putting the s.p.f.l. in its place over the cinch deal and saying how useless  doncaster is  firstly the 8 mill is over 5 yrs so 1.6 mill  a year between 42 clubs not exactly a lot  approx 30-40 grand to some clubs  also he said the spfl have their own rule which says they cannot bring in a sponser if it conflicts with an existing club deal    wish some of scottish people would tell the truth

15 minutes ago, TheEyesHaveit said:

It cannot be coincidence that the only times that this "Shift McGifty) McLennan pitches up is to attempt to damage Rangers.  

Well considering "he cannae stand us bastards" and tried his hardest to get on the tarrier board after his stint with the Rhecord in the 90s.

Doncaster rolls him out anytime we start barking.

This Cinch deal has been signed by the SPFL to stitch up Rangers (and Douglas Park)...simple as that. The whole of Scottish football loves making Rangers the panto villain.

The taigs are financially fucked with duds on long, expensive contracts/no champions league money etc, so they're trying to level the playing field by hitting our finances.

If this deal was brokered after the club raised concerns then I hope we take them to task.

51 minutes ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

This Cinch deal has been signed by the SPFL to stitch up Rangers (and Douglas Park)...simple as that. The whole of Scottish football loves making Rangers the panto villain.

The taigs are financially fucked with duds on long, expensive contracts/no champions league money etc, so they're trying to level the playing field by hitting our finances.

If this deal was brokered after the club raised concerns then I hope we take them to task.

How do you figure that one out?