Another battle with SPFL

KingKirk

7 hours ago, BrotherTJ said:

Ladbrokes was £5mil over 2 seasons.  No idea about the other deals.

I think the deal on the table is £8m over 5 years so the Ladbrokes deal was worth £2.5m per year which to my mind is a bigger deal than what is on offer.

McLennan or whatever his name is, is applying a load of spin to his email to the other clubs claiming the big bad Rangers are stopping the biggest deal in league history. 

14 minutes ago, Brackley said:

I think the deal on the table is £8m over 5 years so the Ladbrokes deal was worth £2.5m per year which to my mind is a bigger deal than what is on offer.

McLennan or whatever his name is, is applying a load of spin to his email to the other clubs claiming the big bad Rangers are stopping the biggest deal in league history. 

5m over 5 years isn't 2.5m a year

7 hours ago, BrotherTJ said:

It'll be a sliding scale, but even so, still a pish deal.

It all gets added in with TV money and other commercial money to the prize pot before being allocated to teams based on league finishing positions. If we win the league we get roughly 14% of it

1 minute ago, Brackley said:

Nothing wrong with my maths . I was replying to a post that claimed the Ladbrokes deal was over 2 years.

It wasn't. It was over five so there's no spin 'claiming the big bad Rangers are stopping the biggest deal in league history.' 

1 minute ago, LegendofCoop said:

I haven't really thought this through, have I? :lol: 

Chairman??

Afaik, none of the Parks' businesses sponsor us. Chairman's personal business interests won't be covered by the rules unless they have a direct commercial relationship with the club. 

Without knowing the ins and outs of the commercial contracts we've signed it's entirely possible that the cinch deal does infringe on our current agreements. 

Regardless, it's still a deal which massively undervalues our game, sure someone worked it out that they're paying roughly £40k per game for all their advertising, I'd be surprised if that doesn't undercut some of the advertisements we've already sold.

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Had to google cinch as I had never heard of them. Second hand car salesman I see.

8M over 5 years split between 42 clubs is nothing at all. So for that paltry sum they expect us to put their logo on our shirts. I am with the board on this one.

How much do you think Tomket Tyres are paying? 

I’m all for us going after the corrupt mob that run the league but this feels completely pointless.

I’d rather we pick and choose our battles rather than just make it look like we’ll basically complain about anything. Yeah the sponsorship deal is shit and I don’t know the ins and outs but beyond Douglas Park being a competitor to Cinch I don’t see where the conflict is or why the club needs to be getting itself involved in this

8 hours ago, murzo said:

Not the cleverest at this kind of thing, what current contract do we have, have we sold the space on the sleeve already?

That's exactly it.  If we already have a 'contractual obligation' that would not allow us to advertise cinch, then we are in the right.  If we don't, then we are in the wrong.  Irrelevant who at the club has what business etc, would need to be a contract in place that allows us to not do what we have been asked to do.