*****Official Champions v Dunfermline Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, esquire8 said:

Roofe up top as the 9 has hardly ever worked. Far better playing off El Buf.

Can’t deny Alfie’s work rate all over the place and he’s class 

In that team tonight roofe will just make the difference that’s all 

but will see 

6 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I've edited my post mate. He was a wee bit unlucky at the Malmo 2nd goal in the first leg as the ball deflected off the Malmo striker on the way to the guy who scored the goal.

I'm not saying he's playing brilliant btw. All I'm saying is that he hasn't been playing as badly as people are making out.

Can't remember the throw in mate. Jog my memory?

Why is 4 players including goldson marking 2 Malmö players, it’s shocking defending.

3EC36824-E85E-43C7-A760-9A07B5A00BAD.jpeg

Just now, MarzM said:

IMO, that is a dangerous fucking selection. If this goes tits up then SG is in trouble. He said he'd pick his strongest team...That is not it!

Correct 

if he said I’ll rotate then fine he didn’t 

if we hump these he’s a genius 

If not then fml weekend ruined early than last weekend there will be tears 😭 

5 minutes ago, MarzM said:

IMO, that is a dangerous fucking selection. If this goes tits up then SG is in trouble. He said he'd pick his strongest team...That is not it!

I agree, but what is our strongest side this season? So many have underperformed. 

31 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

image.thumb.png.20a4aabe529d6a23cd29be27d9ed272a.png

If that team had been the lineup against Malmö on Tuesday most people would have been still confident of a result (Simpson notwithstanding). He is obviously resting some player for Europe and giving withers the chance to shine as well as simply get game time.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The first goal in Malmo Goldson stopped and put his hand up for offside, it was criminal and worse than Lundstrams part in that goal in my view.

He puts his hand up for offside but then gets goal-side again so net really done anything wrong. Arfield then comes in and takes the man while Goldson positions himself more central which again is fine. It's Arfield who sells himself for the cross then Lundstrum who fails to pick up at the back post. Watch again. I've set the time right at the goal.

Anyway fuck it as this is starting to drag on and there's a game on tonight. Enjoy mate.

2 minutes ago, real boydie9 said:

Undroppable mate. Gerrard's golden boy. Why the fuck is Helander on the bench 🤔

Because it is Dunfermline and If we don’t give players a rest and others a chance then we never will. And, yes, he has left Goldson on, I realise that.

6 minutes ago, tom1780 said:

He said he’d pick the strongest team 

He didnt say that.

He said there wouldn't be drastic changes- to me there is so that ones baffling. But he said he'd pick a strong squad and the team he thinks can get us into the next round. It was never said that it'd be the strongest team available to him.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

He puts his hand up for offside but then gets goal-side again so net really done anything wrong. Arfield then comes in and takes the man while Goldson positions himself more central which again is fine. It's Arfield who sells himself for the cross then Lundstrum who fails to pick up at the back post. Watch again. I've set the time right at the goal.

Anyway fuck it as this is starting to drag on and there's a game on tonight. Enjoy mate.

Don't think we ever saw a proper replay of the first goal but I thought at the time he looked offside.