*****The Official Champions v's Brondby Match Thread*****

LegendofCoop

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

John Lundstram had a decent first half but was quiet in the second half. I still think he has to work on his fitness. Same for the last 15 minutes against Hearts.

Tbf to him, he was playing left of midfield 3 and didn’t look entirely comfortable there.

34 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

When you’re having a brilliant game it disheartens you when your subbed even when your so called tired  

Wouldn't imagine any player likes getting subbed,  and I wasn't the only one who thought he tired, a point made by Gerrard in his interview 

When Aribo went down in the box, I wanted us to kick the ball out of play in feeling the longer we continued the less likely for the penalty to be given. We must have kept possession for another 90 seconds.

Do you think the players are aware it is under review?

4 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Wouldn't imagine any player likes getting subbed,  and I wasn't the only one who thought he tired, a point made by Gerrard in his interview 

Not sure so much that he tired, it looked to me that he just wasn't as influential in the opening 10 minutes of the 2nd half (more down to the whole team performance at the start of the 2nd half) as the 2nd half wore on Aribo was still heavily involved in most of our play but to suggest he could replicate the same amount of running he did in the first half was probably a stretch 

15 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Tbf to him, he was playing left of midfield 3 and didn’t look entirely comfortable there.

I've criticised him a lot on here but its fair to say he is being shoehorned into something he isn't. His best performances have come when he has a lot more freedom to pick the ball up and drive.

He spent a good deal of last night effectively playing left back, it's madness. 

57 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

What I was explaining was that next seasons automatic qualification is only automatic if the overall winner qualifies for the champions league through the league....a similar scenario to when Liverpool won the champions league in 2005 would scupper it....apparently 

Ah I see. 

17 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Not sure so much that he tired, it looked to me that he just wasn't as influential in the opening 10 minutes of the 2nd half (more down to the whole team performance at the start of the 2nd half) as the 2nd half wore on Aribo was still heavily involved in most of our play but to suggest he could replicate the same amount of running he did in the first half was probably a stretch 

I thought he did and Gerrard seconded my opinion - that'll do for me 

14 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Ah I see. 

I've tried looking this up and I can't see how such a scenario effects automatic qualification, it clearly states that no nation can have more than 4 entries....in the event of a 5th place team winning it then the 4th placed team misses out....fuck knows mate only going with what I read earlier today 

49 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've criticised him a lot on here but its fair to say he is being shoehorned into something he isn't. His best performances have come when he has a lot more freedom to pick the ball up and drive.

He spent a good deal of last night effectively playing left back, it's madness. 

I agree with your comment a few days back.

I’d try him as the box to box midfielder.

3 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

It’s allright mate . We don’t go to Europe to start a fight with the local organised crime groups and drug lords :lol: I doubt they are going to be interested in a group of pissed up football fans either apart from when they are punting 

They actually sell drugs in the grounds :lol: