Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Feel like Gio is being talked about far less outside of this forum, in terms of the bookies odds and other fans on twitter etc.

Would be my first choice anyway, out of those mentioned. Unless Wilson/board pull out something better from left field, much like Gerrard was

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

But then if we win the league we'd qualify for the Champions League and the biggest reason behind that is even possible in the first place is Gerrard's success in Europe.

He’s leaving at the wrong time. That’s what pisses me off the most. Wouldn’t have had an issue with him going next summer. Hope he gets his hubcaps stolen in Birmingham. 

9 minutes ago, watty. said:

Agreed.just pointing out his desire to play in the epl and how quickly his head would turn if an offer came in.

He doesn't need an offer for these fantasies of EPL to manifest, his head has always been turned but no ones looking back. Nine strikers were picked ahead of him for Columbia. Delusions of grandeur rife and now it's spreading to management

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I really like Kamara, and he does an important role in our system, but I’m not sure you’re getting multimillions for a midfielder who doesn’t score or create, and isn’t really particularly defensive either.

Might just be my ignorance, but of all our ‘good’ players I think he’s most easily replaceable. 

He might not be our most sellable asset but I believe he's the player in our squad who could perform his role at the highest level. Admittedly, that role might fetch less than a prolific striker, but I believe Kamara could do what he does regularly for a side that wins Serie A (for example). I'm not sure anyone else in our side has that in them - except maybe Patterson, depending on his development. 

From empire on FF

Are people genuinely believing Michael Beale is posting pictures of himself on the lash with Colin Stewart and waiting for his agent to arrive at a meeting whilst also thinking he’s agreed to leave for Aston Villa? Do people really think he is that stupid?

If he has agreed to go and is doing that then I find it remarkable.

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Gerrard has fucked his legacy here, there’s no other way of looking at it.

If we go on and win the league this season then in time last season will be remembered fondly along with his time here, but if we don’t win the league this season he is possibly going to be my least favourite manager in my lifetime due to the damage he will have caused. 

Trophy record here and winning records against the likes of Aberdeen has been fucking dreadful btw 

What a load of shite imo. He stopped 10 in a row and for that he will always be thanked. Imagine if they had got the 10, the shite we would have had to hear for years!

Regardless what we think the EPL is where every manager and player wants to be. The money in the game down there is sickening. 

What I will say is he is gambling the Liverpool job. But has left us in a far superior place than when he took over. 

A far easier job than the one he took on. Let's hope we get the right man in IF HE DOES GO

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

He’s leaving at the wrong time. That’s what pisses me off the most. Wouldn’t have had an issue with him going next summer. Hope he gets his hubcaps stolen in Birmingham. 

Wrong time for us, totally agree. If we'd sacked him after Hamilton that would've clearly been the wrong time for him. It's swings and roundabouts.

TBH I'm more bothered about looking forward than worrying about what he does and doesn't do from here, if he doesn't want to be here he can go - we've survived worse than this and Ross Wilson has a half decent track record in manager recruitment. 

For me it's wasted energy getting wound up by it, he was here - won 55, signed sellable assets, restored the clubs image and got us back competing in Europe for most he did his job.

Fair, he's leaving at a shit time but probably better now than at Christmas when another tranche of managers in the PL will be sacked.