Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Just now, Amato said:

I'm not sure getting pumped with us next year is the sort of experience they will be after though 😂

We won't get pumped though this squad has picked up a lot of experience and by next season I just feel guys like Aribo and Kent will be that bit better older and wiser with more consistency which comes with age. 

We get a good centre back and striker this summer for the champions League and we can compete. 

4 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

We won't get pumped though this squad has picked up a lot of experience and by next season I just feel guys like Aribo and Kent will be that bit better older and wiser with more consistency which comes with age. 

We get a good centre back and striker this summer for the champions League and we can compete. 

Think if we make the champions league next season we need to spend money, good money, on a younger centre midfielder in the Arfield mould.

1 hour ago, peter huistra said:

Does his record in Europe make up for not winning any of the cups ? 

Nowadays, yes. Without the EL group stages, particularly the first 2 when had to go through 4 qualifying rounds, then last year doesn’t happen. Since Gerrard came in investors have put nearly £60m into the club. At the same time European football will have been worth £40m. A scary thought. 

2 minutes ago, The Hammer 11 said:

The only people I can see consistently feeding this rumour are Tim’s. It’s nice to know that Gerrard winning 55 has fucked them up that much they’re wishing him out the door 

You’d think after today’s news regarding Class Action against their rancid club they’d have more to worry about than whether our #55 Title winning manager is staying put or not, Guess not though.

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Its not unless Villa have some other candidates that nobody has a clue about.

Reports in Belgium say Martinez is not interested in returning to a club fighting relegation. Guess its up for interpretation if people believe Villa will be relegation candidates. 

I personally would be hugely surprised if Villa or Leeds are near a relegation fight come 30 games into the season. 

Wonder if Martinez wants one final go with Belgium at the WC next year? 

Yeah I don’t think Martinez leaves Belgium when we are only a year from the World Cup.

I genuinely think our only hope of keeping Gerrard now is if he turns the approach down. I’ve almost resigned myself to the fact it’s happening. Journalists make mistakes but when things are as widely reported as this is being they tend to happen.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Rangers next manager odds:

Gary McAllister 2/1

Frank Lampard 4/1

John Terry 6/1

Michael O’Neil 10/1

Dean Smith 14/1

Alex Neil 16/1

Steve Bruce 18/1

That list is horrific viewing to me. 

I’d be very happy with Lampard or Smith 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said: