John Terry 6/1

Michael O’Neil 10/1

Dean Smith 14/1

Alex Neil 16/1

Steve Bruce 18/1

That list is horrific viewing to me.Β 

Bookies generally know fuck all.

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

Next manager will already be decided. RW will have those candidates permanently earmarked for a situation just like this.

Hopefully he’s better at identifying managers than he is at identifying players.

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Rangers next manager odds:

Gary McAllister 2/1

Frank Lampard 4/1

John Terry 6/1

Michael O’Neil 10/1

Dean Smith 14/1

Alex Neil 16/1

Steve Bruce 18/1

That list is horrific viewing to me.Β 

Get those half season tickets on sale pronto.

1 minute ago, EMRFC said:

I get he done well at Feyenoord but he finished 11th in the Chinese super league and then quitΒ 

European managers and players go to China for a quick buck none of them actually care about winning and have zero connections with their clubs. His record in China is irrelevant.

1 minute ago, EMRFC said:

I get he done well at Feyenoord but he finished 11th in the Chinese super league and then quitΒ 

I’m not holding one season during a global pandemic against him.

Unless we give somebody who has never managed before then every candidate we get is likely to have a blip on their CV. Managers with perfect CV’s end up at elite level clubs and are beyond us financially.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Definitely, but the sad thing is our own shortlist could be worse!

I’d hope Wilson would be running everything on that front, his record of appointments at Huddersfield and Southampton were pretty decent IIRC.

There has to be a contingency plan in place. I don't believe it'll be McAllister. He was brought in as a link between Gerrard and the Scottish game. I suppose its easy to put names that have a previous affiliation to us, McInnes, Van bronckhorst etc. But only time will tell because he will leave at some point. But I'd hope that a manager does come in that is not a backwards step and can help push us forward.

2 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

I’d hope Wilson would be running everything on that front, his record of appointments at Huddersfield and Southampton were pretty decent IIRC.

Not really mate, he brought in Puel, Pellegrino and Hughes at Southampton. All failed. Pellegrino and Hughes spectacularly.Β 

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Not really mate, he brought in Puel, Pellegrino and Hughes at Southampton. All failed. Pellegrino and Hughes spectacularly.Β 

That’s harsh on Puel to say he β€œfailed”, he got Southampton to a League Cup final and finished 8th in the league.